Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

13 shot, 5 dead in Baltimore weekend shootings

128 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Exactly my point. Thanks again, Bogart. 

So you agree that the protesting is only when police kill black people unnecessary, and thank you for making my point.

15 hours ago, stevez51 said:

So you were there .??

Was Ode2Joy?

17 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

It was a big fat nothingburger.

27 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Was Ode2Joy?

I didn't ask him. I asked you. Your comment made assumes you were there.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I didn't ask him. I asked you. Your comment made assumes you were there.

Oh I know you asked me, you've been quite obsessed with me lately. I'm flattered.

I wasn't there. I read an article on the fire crackers. Seemed like it wasn't a big deal and a poor example for someone to use to prove that things are bad in the city. Otherwise it seemed like Light City was a big success again.

Edited by Pickle20

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

I wasn't there. Read an article on the fire crackers. Seemed like it wasn't a big deal and a poor example of how things are bad in the city. Otherwise it seemed like Light City was a big success again.

Since you were not there, you do know people can mistake firecracker sounds that could sound like gun shots. Throw in the news of shootings in the City it was a poor prank by someone.

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Since you were not there, you do know people can mistake firecracker sounds that could sound like gun shots. Throw in the news of shootings in the City it was a poor prank by someone.

It was. No disagreement there.

I'd like to know if Ode2Joy was there. Based on how he feels about the city I highly doubt it and is pulling from the same article that I read. It's interesting how two different opinions can be formed from the same story.

Just now, Pickle20 said:

It was. No disagreement there.

I'd like to know if Ode2Joy was there. Based on how he feels about the city I highly doubt it and is pulling from the same article that I read. It's interesting how two different opinions can be formed from the same story.

Ask him. Its all you have to do.

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

Ask him. Its all you have to do.

I don't really care enough to ask him, and like I said, I don't even really need to to know.  I go to the city all the time and know the risks. It breaks my heart the condition it's in currently, but it's my hometown. I love it and nothing will change that.

41 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Was Ode2Joy?

I went for about a half of an hour yesterday evening with my family.  Looked like a ghost town which is in part due to it being a Monday and colder and more breezy than normal. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I went for about a half of an hour yesterday evening with my family.  Looked like a ghost town which is in part due to it being a Monday and colder and more breezy than normal. 

Good to know. I went for the last 2 years. Last year it didn't seem worth the crowds and I felt it was a step down from the first year. IIRC the city was giving the organizers a hard time and it may have affected the number of exhibitors during year 2.

Edited by Pickle20

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Good to know. I went for the last 2 years. Last year it didn't seem worth the crowds and I felt it was a step down from the first year. IIRC the city was giving the organizers a hard time and it may have affected the number of exhibitors during year 2.

It might turn out differently if it warms up and isn't so cold and windy.  Unfortunately, they're calling for rain on Thursday too. 

12 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I heard the lady with the one year old being interviewed.  She and others saw people running and sheltered near some stairs somewhere. Can't blame her for being scared out of her wits, especially with her kid with her. 

7 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I heard the lady with the one year old being interviewed.  She and others saw people running and sheltered near some stairs somewhere. Can't blame her for being scared out of her wits, especially with her kid with her. 

He just wanted to counter your post if he was there or not.

8 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

:lol:

3 hours ago, stevez51 said:

5 to 7 deaths every weekend will add up fast ......

How many weekends have there been 5 to 7 deaths this year?

28 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I don't really care enough to ask him, and like I said, I don't even really need to to know.  I go to the city all the time and know the risks. It breaks my heart the condition it's in currently, but it's my hometown. I love it and nothing will change that.

That makes two of us. 

32 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

I bought two light sabers and some cotton candy there.  Didn't use SNAP either.    That's more than a lot of the so-called "supporters" probably did other than chanting "RAH! RAH! RAH!" from the county on a forum. 

Need more proof?  How's the attendance at Orioles games doing this year outside of opening day? 

Baltimore's rep as a dangerous place isn't something that's made up, and I don't have belief or confidence in their mayor or the people on their city council to be able to change anything. 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I bought two light sabers and some cotton candy there.  Didn't use SNAP either.    That's more than a lot of the so-called "supporters" probably did other than chanting "RAH! RAH! RAH!" from the county on a forum. 

Need more proof?  How's the attendance at Orioles games doing this year outside of opening day? 

Baltimore's rep as a dangerous place isn't something that's made up, and I don't have belief or confidence in their mayor or the people on their city council to be able to change anything. 

Please.

Think the weather plays a part in that? O's games will be crowded when the weather gets better. The whole MLB is experiencing low attendance because of the weather.

If there are people from the counting chanting "RAH RAH RAH" there are also people from the county posting a running murder rate on the forum too.

What does either thing do to improve things? Not much.

Edited by Pickle20

7 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Please.

Think the weather plays a part in that? O's games will be crowded when the weather gets better. The whole MLB is experiencing low attendance because of the weather.

If there are people from the counting chanting "RAH RAH RAH" there are also people from the county posting a running murder rate on the forum too.

What does either thing do to improve things? Not much.

Moving away doesn't improve anything either, does it? 

People who moved out of the city know why they and their friends decided to pick up and move elsewhere. 

We can keep track of the crowd size at Orioles games as the season progresses.  The same goes for fan day events for the Ravens. 

Moving away doesn't improve anything either, does it? 

People who moved out of the city know why they and their friends decided to pick up and move elsewhere. 

We can keep track of the crowd size at Orioles games as the season progresses.  The same goes for fan day events for the Ravens. 

I never lived there. I moved out of Baltimore County.

Again, you're using things that are happening league-wide and saying they're unique to Baltimore. Attendance in the NFL and MLB are down across the country. This isn't happening just because of the Freddie Gray riots.

Just now, Pickle20 said:

I never lived there. I moved out of Baltimore County.

Again, you're using things that are happening league-wide and saying they're unique to Baltimore. Attendance in the NFL and MLB are down across the country. This isn't happening just because of the Freddie Gray riots.

It's happening because Baltimore has too many problems that people want to avoid.  Getting assaulted, robbed, or murdered is one of them.  

You're kidding yourself if you think that the Freddie Gray riots didn't have a lasting effect on people visiting Baltimore.   

It's happening because Baltimore has too many problems that people want to avoid.  Getting assaulted, robbed, or murdered is one of them.  

You're kidding yourself if you think that the Freddie Gray riots didn't have a lasting effect on people visiting Baltimore.   

Why is it happening in most NFL cities? Did they all have Freddie Gray riots? Why is it happening in most MLB cities so far this year? Did they have Freddie Gray riots too?

Also:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs-bz-baltimore-tourism-report-20171003-story.html

Baltimore attracted 25.9 million visitors in 2016, a 2.8 percent year-over-year increase, Visit Baltimore officials said Tuesday. The city saw increases in day-trippers as well as overnight tourists, who combined generated $5.6 billion in direct spending. Visitor spending, up nearly 4 percent, generated $705 million in city and state taxes.

So in the year following the riots, Baltimore saw an increase in tourism.

9 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

And when crime was at an all time high for the city in the 90's, OPACY was sold out every night.

I'm going to Chiraq this weekend too. Oh my! :o

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

And when crime was at an all time high for the city in the 90's, OPACY was sold out every night.

The Inner Harbor was pretty packed in the warm summers too with people from all over the world judging by the accents heard.

Edited by bmore_ken