Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Nikki Haley says Syrian refugees don't want to come here

10 posts in this topic

When asked how she justified the Trump administration admitting almost no Syrian refugees while also bombing Assad regime targets in the country, Nikki Haley cited conversations she said she had had with refugees at camps in Jordan and Turkey.

“Not one of the many that I talked to ever said we want to go to America,” Haley said on Fox News Sunday. “They want to stay as close to Syria as they can.”

The number of Syrians resettled in the US has fallen sharply under Trump because the president implemented a blanket ban on travelers from several Muslim-majority countries, including Syria, and added further checks to America’s tough vetting system for immigrants.

Link

She avoids answering the question with an absurd reply.

They prefer the relatively stable leadership in their own country?

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Link

She avoids answering the question with an absurd reply.

They prefer the relatively stable leadership in their own country?

Over the last few months, I've learned a lot about Syrian and other refugees. You might be surprised, or obviously, you are, that they really don't want to leave their country for this or any other country. If you give it some thought, you might understand why.

Just now, Sprightly said:

Over the last few months, I've learned a lot about Syrian and other refugees. You might be surprised, or obviously, you are, that they really don't want to leave their country for this or any other country. If you give it some thought, you might understand why.

Sure, most people don’t want to leave their native country. That’s true of most immigrants and especially refugees.

But saying none of them want to get asylum in the USA is a cop out. 

Of course some want to come here. They may even have relatives in the US. We have large Syrian American enclaves in Illinois and Pennsylvania. 

8 hours ago, Sprightly said:

The ban itself is an act of cowardice, talking around it is even moreso.

Two years ago, 15,000 Syrians resettled here. Hundreds of thousands have fled to Europe. 

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

The ban itself is an act of cowardice, talking around it is even moreso.

Two years ago, 15,000 Syrians resettled here. Hundreds of thousands have fled to Europe. 

Not everyone wants to be here. You are a joke.

“I knew they would seize on this but felt it is such a great Military term, it should be brought back. Use often!”

Nikki seems to be a bright woman but she's blindly following an idiot...this will have future consequences for her.

3 hours ago, caliber45 said:

Not everyone wants to be here. You are a joke.

I can just imagine Haley saying that we ban them because "we don't want them here."

Which begs the question: Why not?

Refugee says Syrians don't want to come to America. They want to stay in their own country. Thanks Trump for the strikes on Assad. 

5 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

Refugee says Syrians don't want to come to America. They want to stay in their own country. Thanks Trump for the strikes on Assad. 

So I have to say that I was severely shocked to learn on NPR his afternoon that thousands of Syrians have signed up for asylum.

Some one should crawl inside the Trumpland bubble and inform Nikki Haley of this startling alternative reality. Seems like our United Nations' secretary really ought to know.

President Trump on Monday put the brakes on a preliminary plan to impose additional economic sanctions on Russia, walking back a Sunday announcement by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley that the Kremlin had swiftly denounced as “international economic raiding.”

Sometime after Haley’s comments on CBS, the Trump administration notified the Russian Embassy in Washington that the sanctions were not in fact coming, a Russian Foreign Ministry official said Monday.

The Trump team decided to publicly characterize Haley’s announcement as a misstatement.

Privately, another White House official said Haley got ahead of herself and made “an error that needs to be mopped up.”

But other administration officials expressed skepticism that Haley had merely misspoken. They said Haley is one of the most disciplined and cautious members of the Cabinet, especially when it comes to her public appearances. She regularly checks in with Trump personally to go over her planned statements before she sits for television interviews

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-puts-the-brake-on-new-russian-sanctions-reversing-haleys-announcement/2018/04/16/ac3ad4f8-417f-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.613a7bc51f42

Bus meet Haley