Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatBoy

Comey says Trump 'morally unfit' to be President

67 posts in this topic

This has been obvious to anyone paying attention since 2016.

It’s not only his lack of morals and the litany of other character deficiencies, it’s the emotional immaturity, the vindictiveness, the pettiness, the profound ignorance, and impulsiveness

8 minutes ago, JoyinMudville said:

This has been obvious to anyone paying attention since 2016.

It’s not only his lack of morals and the litany of other character deficiencies, it’s the emotional immaturity, the vindictiveness, the pettiness, the profound ignorance, and impulsiveness

Yea. I was pretty impressed by Comey saying he did think Donny was nuts. In fact, he said he thought Donny had above average intelligence and he didn't believe any of the stuff about him showing signs of dementia.

Comey is a worthless and incompetent stooge who was quite rightfully fired by President Trump. Nothing that comes out of his mouth is credible in the least.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Joba said:

Comey is a worthless and incompetent stooge who was quite rightfully fired by President Trump. Nothing that comes out of his mouth is credible in the least.

You said a mouthful there Gene Joba. Full of facts and insight, much like all your posts. Bravo!

Edited by FatBoy

"Wasn't the decision to reveal influenced by your assumption that Hillary Clinton was going to win, and your concern that, she wins, this comes out several weeks later and then that's taken by her opponents as a sign that she's an illegitimate president?," Stephanopoulos asks.

"It must have been," Comey responds, adding, "I don't remember consciously thinking about that, but it must have been. I was operating in a world where Hillary Clinton was going to beat Donald Trump. I'm sure that it was a factor. I don't remember spelling it out, but it had to have been. That she's going to be elected president, and if I hide this from the American people, she'll be illegitimate the moment she's elected, the moment this comes out."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/comey-clinton-emails/index.html

That's my only problem with Comey.  He's going to sit there an make an excuse that he revealed reopening the email probe because he "thought" Clinton was going to win?  BS.  If the probe warranted reopening then you bring it up and it shouldn't matter whether she was going to win, lose, or if it was extremely tight.  If you had reason to open it and let congress know, than do it.  That's the candidates problem.  Don't give us this crap about how you only did it because you thought she would win.  

LOL he's a disgruntled employee who's cashing in on his firing and now the liberals think everything he says is gospel. The liberal rubes got duped again. :lol:

4 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

That's my only problem with Comey.  He's going to sit there an make an excuse that he revealed reopening the email probe because he "thought" Clinton was going to win?  BS.  If the probe warranted reopening then you bring it up and it shouldn't matter whether she was going to win, lose, or if it was extremely tight.  If you had reason to open it and let congress know, than do it.  That's the candidates problem.  Don't give us this crap about how you only did it because you thought she would win.  

This part of the transcript you quoted in your previous posts rings true to me;  "That she's going to be elected president, and if I hide this from the American people, she'll be illegitimate the moment she's elected, the moment this comes out."

He was following his convictions. It's not surprising that a lot of people don't agree with him. If he had waited until after the election to announce this and she had actually won, he would have been criticized for that. I think it was a no win situation for him. 

21 minutes ago, Joba said:

LOL he's a disgruntled employee who's cashing in on his firing and now the liberals think everything he says is gospel. The liberal rubes got duped again. :lol:

Come on Gene Joba. The liberals blame Comey for Hillary loosing. Try to keep up, sweetie. 

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

Yea. I was pretty impressed by Comey saying he did think Donny was nuts. In fact, he said he thought Donny had above average intelligence and he didn't believe any of the stuff about him showing signs of dementia.

If you look at his speech patterns between now and, say, the early 90s, he clearly exhibits symptoms of some type of cognitive decline.

more importantly, if you’re not going to chalk it up to dementia you are left with some very unattractive choices... either he’s nuts and a severe narcissist or he’s just somehow completely lacking in even the most basic components of human decency. It’s basically the same question that comes to mind every time I read one of sushi/gene/joba’s posts... is this person simply a morally repugnant troll or is he suffering from a legitimate mental condition? Or both

34 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

This part of the transcript you quoted in your previous posts rings true to me;  "That she's going to be elected president, and if I hide this from the American people, she'll be illegitimate the moment she's elected, the moment this comes out."

He was following his convictions. It's not surprising that a lot of people don't agree with him. If he had waited until after the election to announce this and she had actually won, he would have been criticized for that. I think it was a no win situation for him. 

I don't buy it.  I think it is just an excuse he thought up after so many people got upset that he brought it out in the open.  There is no reason to hide anything from the American people as long as it is legitimate.  If he honestly had reason to re-open the case, then it should have been brought out.   It made no difference if he thought she would win or lose, or if he didn't know.  

35 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

This was Comey’s big mistake. There are DOJ guidelines in place about public disclosure of investigations that may affect an election. Comey realized that the  nutjob Nunes, Gurgles, and Flyboy’s of the world would have gone ape $hit if hillary had won and it was later learned that the fbi found some emails on weiner’s  computer. Regardless, the right answer, and the courageous answer, is always to follow the letter of the law and established protocols and to then stand strong and with conviction in the face of the inevitable assault by the partisan hack nutjobs so well represented by the pig trolls here on this forum

6 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

I don't buy it.  I think it is just an excuse he thought up after so many people got upset that he brought it out in the open.  There is no reason to hide anything from the American people as long as it is legitimate.  

Yes there is a reason. 

We have a legal system based on the premise that you are innocent until proven guilty and there are very specific justice department guidelines that forbide agents from speaking Publicly about ongoing investigations, especially if public statements about an investigation could have an impact on an election.

And, quite frankly, Comey’s handling of the Hillary emails in October demonstrates the very wisdom of these protocols. He publicly announced That the FBI was looking at some emails, the Trump campaign and the GOP seized on this scandal, blew it out of proportion, it took over the news cycle, and by the time the FBI concluded it was a nothing burger, the damage had been done.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

I tend to believe him as far as Hillary goes but only barely. But I'm sorry he couldn't equally find a  professional vigorous voice about Trump and the high possibility of his being compromised. The FBI knew, hell, even Paul Ryan knew of Trump's Russian real estate money laundering so Comey certainly knew about that if they knew about nothing else. 

Comey is an odd duck. I want to be generous and dismiss his unintentional part in Trump's election as an over-thought over-wrought decision by a wonk. I will if he continues to conduct himself decently but he doesn't deserve reinstatement as director. 

Edited by zenwalk

I find it pretty amusing that he's giving us an excuse that convoluted for his potshot at clinton.

Comey is responsible for giving us Trump, in a way everything he does to this country is comey's fault.

Posted (edited)

James Comey Needs To Quit While He’s Ahead

Former FBI Director James Comey has somehow managed to at least partially work his way back into the good graces of mainstream America, even after he screwed the country in a way that no one ever has. Even people who accurately blame Comey for this entire “President Donald Trump” mess are inclined to side with him, at least for now, if only out of necessity. Comey needs to understand that it’s not going to last. Whether though malice or naivety, Comey misled the public into thinking that Hillary Clinton was under criminal investigation just days before they voted, after having spent the entire election misleading the public into believing that Donald Trump wasn’t under criminal investigation.

Either way, James Comey had no business holding the FBI Director job that he held. That said, Donald Trump of all people had no right to fire him, particularly in such a personally humiliating manner, and it’s made Comey into something of a sympathetic figure. Comey deserves some credit for admitting in his book that he sent his second letter because he thought Hillary Clinton was going to win anyway. It’s an admission on his part that he blew it, and that Donald Trump’s illegitimate presidency is partly his fault.

But Comey is also revealing that his wife and daughters were Hillary supporters. Who gives a damn? That just means he’s yet another insecure middle aged white man who couldn’t get behind a strong woman as president, even as the women in his life made clear to him that he had his head up his (butt). By bringing his family into it, James Comey is trying to paint himself as almost pro-Hillary. That’s not something that anyone is going to buy into. Comey is trying to incrementally rewrite history in his favor. What he doesn’t get is that mainstream America is only allowing him to rehabilitate himself a bit because we need him, for now at least. If Comey is lucky, history will ultimately forget that he ever existed. If he tries too hard to paint himself as some kind of tragically sympathetic figure, history will indeed remember his name, and not in the manner he’s hoping. Once Trump is taken down, Comey should do us all a favor and get out of history’s way entirely.

LINK

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Posted (edited)

Comey nailed it.

Edited by songfourone

Not even the conservatives here deny it is true.

4 hours ago, FatBoy said:

4 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I don't buy it.  I think it is just an excuse he thought up after so many people got upset that he brought it out in the open.  There is no reason to hide anything from the American people as long as it is legitimate.  If he honestly had reason to re-open the case, then it should have been brought out.   It made no difference if he thought she would win or lose, or if he didn't know.  

It wasn't his call to make - -  no matter what he thinks his convictions are.

He usurped the authority of the Attorney General and abused his power.

"The director was wrong to usurp the Attorney General's authority on July 5, 2016, and announce his conclusion that the case should be closed without prosecution.

Compounding the error, the Director ignored another longstanding principle: we do not hold press conferences to release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation.

Concerning his letter to the Congress on October 28, 2016, the Director cast his decision as a choice between whether he would "speak" about the FBI's decision to investigate the newly-discovered email messages or "conceal" it. "Conceal" is a loaded term that misstates the issue. When federal agents and prosecutors quietly open a criminal investigation, we are not concealing anything; we are simply following the longstanding policy that we refrain from publicizing non-public information. In that context, silence is not concealment."

I can't imagine what a defense of Pee Brain's moral fitness would sound like.

If only that criminal Pee Brain hadn't told us he fired Comey in order to obstruct an investigation.  :D 

8 hours ago, Joba said:

7 minutes ago, caliber45 said:

Comey is a partisan hack who deserved to be fired.

Yep

Posted (edited)

Comey was going to be fired no matter who won .........

Edited by stevez51

13 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Comey was going to be fired no matter who won .........

It's hard to imagine two more disparate personalities than Comey and Pee Brain.

If he wanted to fire Comey because he thinks he's a nutjob - -  fine.

If he wanted to fire Comey just because . . .   - -  fine.

But Pee Brain's mind gravitates to the criminal and he felt compelled  to tell us that he fired Comey in  order to obstruct an investigation - -  a crime.     DO NOT CONGRATULATE.