Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatBoy

Comey says Trump 'morally unfit' to be President

67 posts in this topic

Just now, FatBoy said:

I'm not convinced his intent was to get Donny elected. 

I am. There was no other reason for the statement he made. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

I am. There was no other reason for the statement he made. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. If you saw the interview or read the transcript, he gave his reason for the statement. 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. If you saw the interview or read the transcript, he gave his reason for the statement. 

I didn’t and wouldn’t believe him if I had. His job was to investigate any possible wrongdoing, not give his opinion on Clinton. Now he’s saying whatever he has to to sell books.

Edited by bmore_ken

3 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

I didn’t and wouldn’t believe him if I had. His job was to investigate any possible wrongdoing, not give his opinion on Clinton. 

OK. I think you should read the transcript though. Not saying it would change your mind, but it may give you a broader perspective. 

Considering what Comey had heard about Trump, I doubt he had much desire to see him elected president, and he seemed convinced Hillary would win.  And if she had won, and the GOP learned later, and they surely would learn later that, the FBI re- opened that case, there would have been hell to pay.

3 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Considering what Comey had heard about Trump, I doubt he had much desire to see him elected president, and he seemed convinced Hillary would win.  And if she had won, and the GOP learned later, and they surely would learn later that, the FBI re- opened that case, there would have been hell to pay.

Well if true, that would be pretty stupid. Comey think he can predict future events I guess. What a dolt. Nothing that comes out of his mouth can be trusted.

Just now, Joba said:

Well if true, that would be pretty stupid. Comey think he can predict future events I guess. What a dolt. Nothing that comes out of his mouth can be trusted.

I'm really surprised to see you say that.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Strictly speculation. Comey was a fool if he thought either candidate was keeping him on.

Edited by bmore_ken

53 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

OK. I think you should read the transcript though. Not saying it would change your mind, but it may give you a broader perspective. 

Comey seems to overthink stuff and agonize over broader issues while missing the obvious.  I won't say he's an idiot but he certainly is an academic type. The book is more about personal legacy building. But I agree the problem of Trump towers over polarity politics and that these are no normal times so Comey deserves a tentative pass.

17 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Comey seems to overthink stuff and agonize over broader issues while missing the obvious.  I won't say he's an idiot but he certainly is an academic type. The book is more about personal legacy building. But I agree the problem of Trump towers over polarity politics and that these are no normal times so Comey deserves a tentative pass.

If Trump is charged with obstruction of justice for firing Comey, things will look different in the public eye. 

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Strictly speculation. Comey was a fool if he thought either candidate was keeping him on.

Speculation upon speculation. 

Posted (edited)

More speculation, and certainly not new: Comey released the letter to avoid an open revolt from agents at the New York  office.

Edited by hst2

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

More speculation, anspd certainly not new: Comey released the letter to avoid an open revolt from agents at the New York  office.

Thanks. I had forgotten the pro-Trump role of the New York office stoked by Guiliani. That no doubt factored into Comey's dropping the email bomb a week before the election. Wonder if Guiliani's name is among Cohen's clients? That's shaping up to be a major rats nest for these bums.

11 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Thanks. I had forgotten the pro-Trump role of the New York office stoked by Guiliani. That no doubt factored into Comey's dropping the email bomb a week before the election. Wonder if Guiliani's name is among Cohen's clients? That's shaping up to be a major rats nest for these bums.

David Corn just brought it up on Hardball.

Great minds think alike. ;)

59 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

If Trump is charged with obstruction of justice for firing Comey, things will look different in the public eye. 

Never going to happen. 

Comey was unfit to be FBI Director according to both Democrats and Republicans

This childish name-calling battle between Trump and Comey is disgraceful. Can you Imagine how people in other countries are viewing it.

However, when it  comes down to basic credibility I have to lean toward Comey. He served three presidents honorably in high positions  and achieved a fine reputation, just as Rod Rosenstein did, only to be verbally abused by Trump.

Along with the rest of the country I have learned that you cannot believe a word that comes out of Donald Trump's mouth. As Comey said, Trump is "untethered" from the truth. And I don't think there is any way possible to change that.