Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Vacation thread

11 posts in this topic

I'm going to Chicago this weekend.

Booked airfare for a trip to Sicily in September.

Any suggestions for either of those places? Got any trips of your own planned?

Give us a wave as you fly over on your way to Sicily. :P :lol:

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Awesome, have a great time!  

This will be the first year in probably my whole life that I won't be taking a vacation.  We're doing a staycation this summer and I'll be taking a couple of weeks in the Fall because I'm moving. 

I will be taking a long weekend sometime in the Fall also to go see Dallas play, waiting on the schedule to come out!! 

Just did AC 3 weeks ago Mon-Fri and had a Great time. Figuring I'll skip Summer since their Rates go up like the rest of the Beaches on the East Coast. I'll go again right after Labor Day when they cut the room rates back after the season. I don't figure I'll be flying to LV anymore, getting too Old for that. Didn't bother me much in my 50's but now past 60 I don't want to go through all that anymore. Don't want to do that all day Flying Travel Ordeal now I'm older. Drive to BWI, park in Long Term, get the shuttle bus to the Terminal, Check in & go through TSA then wait to board. It's a 5hr flight out there then you go and get your luggage from the carousel, make your way to the rental car place and get a car then drive to the Hotel and go through check in there. It's easily 8 hours or more then you have to do it all again in reverse coming back. Just don't feel like doing all that anymore when I can drive myself to AC in 3hrs flat in comfort with my tunes or audiobooks playing. Yeah that's the Plan now. AC ain't LV but it'll do.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Cowboyz said:

Awesome, have a great time!  

This will be the first year in probably my whole life that I won't be taking a vacation.  We're doing a staycation this summer and I'll be taking a couple of weeks in the Fall because I'm moving. 

I will be taking a long weekend sometime in the Fall also to go see Dallas play, waiting on the schedule to come out!! 

I got my wife and some friends who are cowboy fans thinking about a preseason game in dallas

18 hours ago, daravenator said:

I got my wife and some friends who are cowboy fans thinking about a preseason game in dallas

That's awesome! So much to do in Dallas, I'm sure you guys will have a great time.  

On 4/16/2018 at 11:18 AM, Pickle20 said:

Love Chicago! Hope you have a great time! Great blues bars! Navy Pier is pretty cool. My 1 recommendation, if you can, visit the Museum of Science and Industry. . The restaurant Heaven on Seven is fantastic!!

On 4/20/2018 at 3:47 PM, naive said:

Love Chicago! Hope you have a great time! Great blues bars! Navy Pier is pretty cool. My 1 recommendation, if you can, visit the Museum of Science and Industry. . The restaurant Heaven on Seven is fantastic!!

Yeah Chicago was great. Really surprised me how much I liked it.

I would like to go back when the weather is better and I can catch a game at Wrigley.

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Yeah Chicago was great. Really surprised me how much I liked it.

I would like to go back when the weather is better and I can catch a game at Wrigley.

What, too windy for ya? ... :P

46 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

What, too windy for ya? ... :P

No it was actually not bad there. Saturday was cold, but Friday and Sunday were sunny and mild. I'd like to go back when it's beach season.