Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CROUSEMAN

Ex O's with Nats

10 posts in this topic

I saw where Hellickson got the call already to be the Nats 5th starter.  SIgned real late in spring training on a 2 mil minor league deal.  He was OK going 4.2 IP giving up 2 runs.  Way better than anything Tillman has offered.  Also gave me a reason to check in on Slow Bat Matt.  Geez, he has descended into journeyman status. Not good last year and same this year.  Basically a .220 hitter, 10 HR type power, with high Ks and an OBP around .290. Another one of Buck's guys who has declined in a big way once they got around 30.  Thank goodness we don't have an anchor long term deal with him.  Looks like he is a part time player this year.

Wieters played the first two games and then went on the DL.  He's started 4 of the 5 games since his return.  But yeah, he sucks.

7 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Wieters played the first two games and then went on the DL.  He's started 4 of the 5 games since his return.  But yeah, he sucks.

Thanks for update.  I don't follow the Nats so wasn't sure.  I did see he only had 400 some ABs last year, so it looks like he is getting some time off for sure.

Well, every now and then the O's make the right decision. Matt had a stretch where he was one of the best power hitting catchers in the game but we were wise to cut ties.

8 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Well, every now and then the O's make the right decision. Matt had a stretch where he was one of the best power hitting catchers in the game but we were wise to cut ties.

It was a short-lived stretch. For someone that barely hit .235 on an annual basis, he sure was expensive.

13 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

IAlso gave me a reason to check in on Slow Bat Matt.  Geez, he has descended into journeyman status. Not good last year and same this year.  Basically a .220 hitter, 10 HR type power, with high Ks and an OBP around .290.

So, in other words, a .230 hitter has regressed into a .220 hitter :) He was never known for his batting average from what I remember.

Meanwhile, the Orioles starting catcher is hitting .086.  He who also holds the major league record for plate appearances without an RBI (comfortably I might add).

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

So, in other words, a .230 hitter has regressed into a .220 hitter :) He was never known for his batting average from what I remember.

No, but if I recall correctly, for about three or four years only Buster Posey had more offensive production from the catcher position.

He was a ..256 career with the Orioles, played great defense for most of his time here, won 2 gold goves, and made 4 AS appearances (though probably only 3 were credible).

He's certainly fallen off with the bat, and yet still is hitting about 130 points higher than the "new" guy...  ;)

8 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

He was a ..256 career with the Orioles, played great defense for most of his time here, won 2 gold goves, and made 4 AS appearances (though probably only 3 were credible).

He's certainly fallen off with the bat, and yet still is hitting about 130 points higher than the "new" guy...  ;)

Slow Batt is in serious decline.  Yeah his ,225 looks way better than Joseph, but not for 11mil/yr.  Sisco will start to take over and I'm glad Slow Bat is not here blocking his way with an anchor long term contract.  Again, one of Buck's guys who fell off a cliff once he hit 30 (Davis, Hardy, ect).