Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Racists circulating fake Starbucks coupons

32 posts in this topic

http://fortune.com/2018/04/18/fake-starbucks-coupons/

Fake Starbucks coupons that appear to offer free beverages to people of color are circulating online, in the midst of outrage over the treatment of two black men who were arrested in a Philadelphia Starbucks.

The “coupons,” which a Starbucks representative said are “completely false and in no way associated with Starbucks,” include the coffee chain’s logo and signature green color scheme, and are emblazoned with messages like, “We’re sorry” and, “The best dialogue starts over a cup of coffee.” In one, the fine print reads, “Limited to persons of African American heritage and/or identity at time of exchange;” in another, “People of color only.”

Some of the fake coupons also instruct baristas to use the discount code 1488 — a string of numbers that combines two white supremacist symbols — and are printed with QR codes that, when scanned, translate the code to the word n—-r, Business Insiderreports.

Trolls are busy.

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Russian trolls?

I have no idea.  I think we have enough home-grown racist trolls.

Star Bucks coffee is bitter.  I prefer good coffee.   I would not drink it if they paid me to. 

3 hours ago, TheBaldGuy said:

Star Bucks coffee is bitter.  I prefer good coffee.   I would not drink it if they paid me to. 

Uh, coffee is bitter on principle. Whatever coffee that you’re drinking isn’t coffee, at least in its purest form. 

Are the perps actually racists...or simply trolls?

5 hours ago, TheBaldGuy said:

What do you consider "good coffee"? People have different tastes. I don't like some brands of coffee that are popular in America like Maxwell House and others. Although I don't mind 8 o'clock. If you ever have fresh ground home brew in Hawaii, Jamaica or Costa Rica, you might like it.  

10 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

Are the perps actually racists...or simply trolls?

Uh, the QR code reveals the N word, I think that makes them racist.

Racists never rest. They are always pushing their agenda.

Why people would waste their creativity and imagination in racist or other low-life actions like thes has always been a mystery to me.  

2 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Why people would waste their creativity and imagination in racist or other low-life actions like thes has always been a mystery to me.  

This is why we can't have nice things.

I hope they get ball cancer.

9 hours ago, FatBoy said:

What do you consider "good coffee"? People have different tastes. I don't like some brands of coffee that are popular in America like Maxwell House and others. Although I don't mind 8 o'clock. If you ever have fresh ground home brew in Hawaii, Jamaica or Costa Rica, you might like it.  

Jamaican coffee is great!  Not a big fan of Kona.  There aren’t many good mass produced coffees and Starbucks doesn’t make the cut at all IMO.  I’d rather have McDonalds.  Now, OTOH, if you want coffee that will get your heart started, even if your dead, there was a little coffee shop about three blocks from the pier in Istanbul that made a cup of coffee you could almost chew.  Darn, that was good stuff!

Die Plörre von der Tanke schmeckt wie Kaffee auf Hawaii.

3 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Die Plörre von der Tanke schmeckt wie Kaffee auf Hawaii.

That may be a LITTLE harsh!

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

That may be a LITTLE harsh!

Tell that to Namika when she sings about her Lieblingsmensch.

Edited by Baltimatt

6 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Uh, the QR code reveals the N word, I think that makes them racist.

I overlooked that detail. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Jamaican coffee is great!  Not a big fan of Kona.  There aren’t many good mass produced coffees and Starbucks doesn’t make the cut at all IMO.  I’d rather have McDonalds.  Now, OTOH, if you want coffee that will get your heart started, even if your dead, there was a little coffee shop about three blocks from the pier in Istanbul that made a cup of coffee you could almost chew.  Darn, that was good stuff!

Kenya Grand Cru or Sumatra Blue. After I bought some whole beans from Whole Foods, I was hooked. Now I can get them online.

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

20 hours ago, FatBoy said:

Jamaica blue mountain is good.

11 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Internet hoaxes, as well as robocallers and con artists have become a fact of life, thanks in part to the public's acceptance and trust of social media.

In this situation two possibilities come to mind: 1) racists; as Baltimatt says or 2) internet scammers wishing to "stir the pot" further in order to discredit Starbuck's corporate image even more. 

There's a few more possibilities; however there's no need to fuel the fire of this forum's resident "racists of color," or whatever so called "denied class" they desire to call themselves. :rolleyes:;)B)

It wouldn't be the first time.

14 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Being racist is an obsession for some people.