Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KSweeley

Baltimore police commissioner wants to 'knock down' and 'rebuild' the department

10 posts in this topic

Here's an interesting article reporting that Baltimore Police Commissioner Darryl De Sosua wants to tear down and completely rebuild the Baltimore Police Department: https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/04/18/baltimore-police-chief-wants-to-knock-down-and.html

Commissioner Darryl De Sousa told business leaders Wednesday he wants to "knock the whole house down" and completely rebuild the Baltimore Police Department.

De Sousa's comments come after U.S. District Judge James K. Bredar told city leaders last week during a hearing that he doesn't want to hear them talking about using paint to fix a leak and instead focus on improving the department's staffing, technology and integrity. Bredar is overseeing the consent decree between the city and the U.S. Department of Justice that resulted from an investigation that began following the unrest in 2015.

"You can't put stucco or glue on [the leak], you have to fix it," De Sousa said. "I told Judge Bredar and I am telling our officers, we are going to do better than that. We are actually going to knock the whole house down and we are going to rebuild the whole house."

To rebuild the police department, De Sousa is focusing on seven pillars: crime reduction; the consent decree; creating an internal identity for the department; improving officer safety and wellness; ensuring procedural justice; providing trust and transparency; and working with youth and the community.

Posted (edited)

I like the sound of that. Hopefully he has the Cate Blanchett to pull it off. 

Edited by Pickle20

11 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

I like the sound of that. Hopefully he has the Cate Blanchett to pull it off. 

Who is Cate Blanchett?  A distant cousin to carte blanche by any chance? :)

Auto correct get you?  Hate when that happens.

4 minutes ago, Struds said:

Who is Cate Blanchett?  A distant cousin to carte blanche by any chance? :)

Auto correct get you?  Hate when that happens.

Someone hasn't seen 22 Jump Street.

LOL. No, I never did. Thanks for the cultural education! :)

he's been there for years, start with him   bye bye

So ....even the commis wants to gut it an start over.

Now that speaks volumes.

Well, the apology seems to have worked well. 

Oh well.  De Sousa certainly did do his part to tear down the department.  Not sure about the "rebuild integrity" part.

40 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Oh well.  De Sousa certainly did do his part to tear down the department.  Not sure about the "rebuild integrity" part.

Seems more and more ....they really need to nuke the whole dept and start over. 

Trump.....the city.....amazing times.....just when you think it can't get much worse....it does.