Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChippewaJoe

2018 Schedule

7 posts in this topic

Quick thoughts:  glad they don't start or finish against the Bungles for a change, can never figure out why the NFL schedules three straight home or road games for any team, and it'll be nice to have a mostly regular Sunday 1pm routine available. 

Things change yearly, but a team that was 9-7 against last year's schedule, doesn't seem all that promising against this one.

Just glad we don't have any "prime time" or holiday games at home ......

13 hours ago, ChippewaJoe said:

Quick thoughts:  glad they don't start or finish against the Bungles for a change, can never figure out why the NFL schedules three straight home or road games for any team, and it'll be nice to have a mostly regular Sunday 1pm routine available. 

Things change yearly, but a team that was 9-7 against last year's schedule, doesn't seem all that promising against this one.

I agree.  The North had an unbelievably favorable schedule last year.  It was already weak but was made quite a bit weaker by all of the starting QBs that went down on those scheduled teams.  This year's schedule looks on paper to be quite a bit tougher.   Jamison Hensley was on WBAL last night, went game by game, and arrived at a 9-7 conclusion.  Now I know there is no way to predict games that far out because of so many factors, but it can give an overall big picture.   Where I took issue with him was he had late season wins at KC and at LA (Chargers).  The Ravens road record hasn't been all that great to expect wins in either of those places.  He said the Chargers usually fade late in the season but that's just wrong.  Normally the Chargers struggle early in the season and come on late.  Last season they lost their first 4 and came on to be in the hunt down to the last weekend.  Personally, I like the Chargers as a playoff team this year, potentially even to win their division.  My early take on the Ravens season is 7-9 or 8-8.  

As it stands, 7-9 or 8-8 sounds about right.

9 minutes ago, alienrace said:

As it stands, 7-9 or 8-8 sounds about right.

That's what most of us have predicted the past few seasons .....

Nothing's really changed .....

I predict the Ravens won't make the playoffs again while Flacco is the QB.