Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RavingManiac

Ravens sign Snead

10 posts in this topic

Ravens sign Snead which takes Dez out of the mix. I'd rather have had Dez but it is still a really nice pickup.

The Saints have 5 days to match the offer.

The deal is reportedly worth $10.4 million. However, Snead isn’t a Raven yet.

The Saints have five days to match the offer. If they do, Snead reverts to New Orleans, where he’s been participating in the team’s offseason conditioning program.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Reports-Ravens-Signing-Restricted-Free-Agent-Wide-Receiver-Willie-Snead/0aa23ca3-abf3-48c3-a58e-ceb539102fdd

Part of my fantasy championship team in 2016, but I don't know what happened to him in 2017.

Dez has made it pretty clear that the Ravens are a last resort option for him.  He wants to stay in the NFC, specifically the NFC East, or play for a SB contender.  Snead isn't going to automatically turn the Ravens into a playoff team, but at least he is younger and has some upside to him.  He could turn out to be a nice addition.  He isn't big, and he isn't fast but he does have one thing that the Ravens receivers have lacked the past few years.........He CATCHES the ball when it's thrown to him.  That alone is a plus.  

22 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Part of my fantasy championship team in 2016, but I don't know what happened to him in 2017.

Like most wide receivers, I found him infuriating fantasy-wise.  Probably because in 2016, he was basically NO's third receiver.

17 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Like most wide receivers, I found him infuriating fantasy-wise.  Probably because in 2016, he was basically NO's third receiver.

He was good for PPR.  But last year he had 8 catches.

The most exciting thing about this signing is that it increases the probability of taking a downfield type TE early in the draft vs a WR.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, RavingManiac said:

Ravens sign Snead which takes Dez out of the mix. I'd rather have had Dez but it is still a really nice pickup.

We already have a Dez, his name is Crabtree. 

2 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

We already have a Dez, his name is Crabtree. 

That's how I see it.