Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

Trump’s doctor accused of drinking on the job and ‘improperly’ prescribing medication

212 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Papi said:

Actually this is the most sensible post that has appeared here. In my experience very few physicians have good management skills, whether in a small office setting or in a large organization. The relatively small number of M.D.'s that pursue education (such as economics, personnel management, a good MBA program, etc) as opposed to concentrating solely on medical training means that very few physicians are equipped to run a business of any sort. This particular nominee was a poor choice for this reason before all of the accusations (whether valid and proven or not) about his persona were even mentioned. What I find unfortunate is that the focus of his lack of qualification moved so quickly away from that reality and into the personal attack and mudslinging mode, aimed more at making the nominator look bad (perhaps deservedly so) than the nominee.

The lesson to be learned here is that any future nominee by Trump for just about anything would be well advised to decline the "honor" in order to avoid similar exposure of any possible part of their prior life that is less than angelic. 

Not to mention the sea of corruption one subjects oneself to once they get into the position.

6 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Not to mention the sea of corruption one subjects oneself to once they get into the position.

And the sea of incompetence. :(

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Papi said:

And the sea of incompetence. :(

Look what poor Rosenstein is going through and he's just trying to do his job.

Edited by hst2

40 minutes ago, Papi said:

Actually this is the most sensible post that has appeared here. In my experience very few physicians have good management skills, whether in a small office setting or in a large organization. The relatively small number of M.D.'s that pursue education (such as economics, personnel management, a good MBA program, etc) as opposed to concentrating solely on medical training means that very few physicians are equipped to run a business of any sort. This particular nominee was a poor choice for this reason before all of the accusations (whether valid and proven or not) about his persona were even mentioned. What I find unfortunate is that the focus of his lack of qualification moved so quickly away from that reality and into the personal attack and mudslinging mode, aimed more at making the nominator look bad (perhaps deservedly so) than the nominee.

The lesson to be learned here is that any future nominee by Trump for just about anything would be well advised to decline the "honor" in order to avoid similar exposure of any possible part of their prior life that is less than angelic. 

Thats quite a turn around.

lesson to be learned for you is that despite all your complaints, raw story was right and you were wrong.

-_-

2 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Thats quite a turn around.

lesson to be learned for you is that despite all your complaints, raw story was right and you were wrong.

-_-

I have no idea if the Rawstory article is accurate or not. The mainstream media is now reporting that there are allegations, but none have come forward with anything that sounds like evidence that the accusations are true. Your source ASSUMES that it's all true, as do you. That you fail to perceive the difference is not surprising.

And no turnaround at all - at no point have I ever suggested that this particular nominee was qualified to head the VA. The point is that he is unqualified professionally, which has gotten lost in the middle of multiple allegations about his personal life and behavior. In my view he should never have been nominated because he is not qualified. That Trump made a stupid move (again) is nothing new, He does it every day.

OK, a competition.  Recognizing that it was for different roles, who was the worse nominee, Jackson or Harriet Miers?

6 hours ago, hst2 said:

I didn't belittle him. But 23 people said he sucks as a leader.

I’ve seen this before in the military and public safety. It isn’t hard to get a posse of disgruntled workers  to complain about a leader as the higher you go, the more enemies are made. I was aiming the belittling comments at the people making the allegations. I wasn’t referring to you and if it read that way I apologize. We have our differences but I’ve never questioned your knowledge or intellect.

6 hours ago, hst2 said:

Well, I hate to say it, but in the realm of political ideas, conservatism is bankrupt. With little to stand for, conservatives are reduced to criticizing the other side. And frankly, they're rather bitter about it.

How much does someone have to “hate to say something “, to actually not say it?:P

Its been my experience that when someone begins a statement with “I hate to say it”, they really LOVE to say it. :lol:

6 hours ago, Papi said:

I have no idea if the Rawstory article is accurate or not. The mainstream media is now reporting that there are allegations, but none have come forward with anything that sounds like evidence that the accusations are true. Your source ASSUMES that it's all true, as do you. That you fail to perceive the difference is not surprising.

And no turnaround at all - at no point have I ever suggested that this particular nominee was qualified to head the VA. The point is that he is unqualified professionally, which has gotten lost in the middle of multiple allegations about his personal life and behavior. In my view he should never have been nominated because he is not qualified. That Trump made a stupid move (again) is nothing new, He does it every day.

Just to be clear, Raw Story does not do their own reporting, and this piece referenced CBS, CNN and the Washington Post as sources.

5 hours ago, hst2 said:

Just to be clear, Raw Story does not do their own reporting, and this piece referenced CBS, CNN and the Washington Post as sources.

Rawstory is trash. That's a fact. 

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

Rawstory is trash. That's a fact. 

They were right and you were wrong, so what does that make you?

10 minutes ago, Calamari said:

They were right and you were wrong, so what does that make you?

More intelligent than you, apparently, since their story presented as factual was never proven by evidence. 

Oh please do tell us what exact statements these are that you have found to be false, as you claim!

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, hst2 said:

He didn't read it and has no idea what it was about.

He just knows he doesn't like it.

He thinks this is how it is done. :lol:

Edited by Calamari

On 4/25/2018 at 9:07 AM, hst2 said:

Well, for one thing, Trump doesn't seem to care. He doesn't seem to have a vetting process.

When the Obama Administration employed this man, and had no problem with any of this man’s actions or policy for eight years, where were you and your ilk to profess your predictable outrage? Did you simply  you look the other way?  Of course not! We all know the answer, don’t we? :lol::lol:

5 hours ago, volperdinger said:

When the Obama Administration employed this man, and had no problem with any of this man’s actions or policy for eight years, where were you and your ilk to profess your predictable outrage? Did you simply  you look the other way?  Of course not! We all know the answer, don’t we? :lol::lol:

Obama didn't nominate him for a cabinet position either. Capn Crunch here has obviously been parked in a position with nothing more complicated or life threatening to do than taking Nero's BP while clocking out time till his retirement.  That should speak for itself.

2 hours ago, zenwalk said:

Obama didn't nominate him for a cabinet position either. Capn Crunch here has obviously been parked in a position with nothing more complicated or life threatening to do than taking Nero's BP while clocking out time till his retirement.  That should speak for itself.

Now you’re just getting silly, zenwalk.

16 hours ago, Calamari said:

Oh please do tell us what exact statements these are that you have found to be false, as you claim!

None - repeat NONE of the allegations against Jackson have been proven. And now that he has withdrawn from the nomination it is unlikely they will be pursued unless there is a push to have him removed as the White House physician. If allegations of his loose prescribing habits, or of him being intoxicated on the job are proven to be true he ought to be removed from that role, in my opinion. 

The responsible media continues to refer to them as allegations, whereas you and your favorite source take those allegations as some sort of factual information. As I have noted previously, that you cannot (or will not) recognize that difference is not surprising. Anyone can accuse anyone else of something. Proving those accusations to be accurate takes far more effort than you are willing to exert. In your world, it would appear that accused automatically means guilty. 

8 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Now you’re just getting silly, zenwalk.

Beyond silly. More like outrageous, as if he knows exactly what Jackson has been doing as White House physician for all of those years. Speculations based on allegations are actually pretty worthless, but make for a good sound bite.

Most reasonable people would recognize that if this guy is as bad as some say he is that President Obama would have dismissed him from that role at some point during his 8 year tenure. The fact that it did not happen suggests that there is more to the story than Zen and a few others would like us to believe. 

3 minutes ago, Papi said:

Beyond silly. More like outrageous, as if he knows exactly what Jackson has been doing as White House physician for all of those years. Speculations based on allegations are actually pretty worthless, but make for a good sound bite.

Most reasonable people would recognize that if this guy is as bad as some say he is that President Obama would have dismissed him from that role at some point during his 8 year tenure. The fact that it did not happen suggests that there is more to the story than Zen and a few others would like us to believe. 

Over 20 people stepped forward concerning this guy. Even Trump backed off. Not sure why anyone would feel comfortable turning over the country's second largest bureaucracy to someone with all this smoke. It's more outrageous to wave another Trump loafer through when we see how well the others are doing.

11 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Over 20 people stepped forward concerning this guy. Even Trump backed off. Not sure why anyone would feel comfortable turning over the country's second largest bureaucracy to someone with all this smoke. It's more outrageous to wave another Trump loafer through when we see how well the others are doing.

So none of those 20 folks knew about this guy during President Obama's time in office? Why were no allegations raised then? Or are you saying he turned from being Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde only after Trump took office?  

10 minutes ago, Papi said:

So none of those 20 folks knew about this guy during President Obama's time in office? Why were no allegations raised then? Or are you saying he turned from being Dr. Jekyll into Mr. Hyde only after Trump took office?  

It's not out of the realm of possibility. Trump can drive people to drink. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility. Trump can drive people to drink. :lol:

Point taken. Hard to argue with that! :D

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Papi said:

None - repeat NONE of the allegations against Jackson have been proven. And now that he has withdrawn from the nomination it is unlikely they will be pursued unless there is a push to have him removed as the White House physician. If allegations of his loose prescribing habits, or of him being intoxicated on the job are proven to be true he ought to be removed from that role, in my opinion. 

The responsible media continues to refer to them as allegations, whereas you and your favorite source take those allegations as some sort of factual information. As I have noted previously, that you cannot (or will not) recognize that difference is not surprising. Anyone can accuse anyone else of something. Proving those accusations to be accurate takes far more effort than you are willing to exert. In your world, it would appear that accused automatically means guilty. 

How does this meandering rant address anything noted in the article?

Edited by Calamari