Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calamari

Trump’s doctor accused of drinking on the job and ‘improperly’ prescribing medication

212 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, zenwalk said:

Over 20 people stepped forward concerning this guy. Even Trump backed off. Not sure why anyone would feel comfortable turning over the country's second largest bureaucracy to someone with all this smoke. It's more outrageous to wave another Trump loafer through when we see how well the others are doing.

Personally, that Jackson has withdrawn is of no great matter to me.

I want to know how, if in fact, these 20 people knew Jackson was a Candyman, why was he allowed to get so close to a President?  Why did Obama make him the President's physician?  There are other doctors on the WH staff and this is the WH...they literally can pick any military doctor they want.  So why was he there since 2006? 

Edited by MiddleOfTheRoad

The whole Jackson affair smacks of character assassination.

First, he's a Rear Admiral and nobody makes flag rank in any service without undergoing intense scrutiny and obviously Jackson passed without black marks.

Then, he was appointed presidential physician in three Administrations. That means he was vetted by the Secret Service and, again, he came through without any black marks.

If he did all the terrible things that are being alleged he should have been drummed out of the Navy long ago because it didn't all start when Trump came into office. But he wasn't, which suggests to me that all of this damnation is political -- and contemptible.

The service itself denies the claims against this guy. Could the motivation be any more obvious? It's a fantastic political hit job against a guy that somehow earned glowing praise from former President Obama, but all of the sudden, he's a complete nut? and no one knew it until Trump? 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret-service-disputes-allegation-adm-ronny-jackson/story?id=54780885

29 minutes ago, retired said:

The whole Jackson affair smacks of character assassination.

First, he's a Rear Admiral and nobody makes flag rank in any service without undergoing intense scrutiny and obviously Jackson passed without black marks.

Then, he was appointed presidential physician in three Administrations. That means he was vetted by the Secret Service and, again, he came through without any black marks.

If he did all the terrible things that are being alleged he should have been drummed out of the Navy long ago because it didn't all start when Trump came into office. But he wasn't, which suggests to me that all of this damnation is political -- and contemptible.

Hi Retired, sorry for piggy backing your post, I didn't read it before I posted. 

The conspiracy theories starting up on this page, precious. :lol:

I’m not sure where the motive is to do a hit job on this guy. At any rate I don’t think it’s something many people really give a rats’ arse about. 

2 hours ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Personally, that Jackson has withdrawn is of no great matter to me.

I want to know how, if in fact, these 20 people knew Jackson was a Candyman, why was he allowed to get so close to a President?  Why did Obama make him the President's physician?  There are other doctors on the WH staff and this is the WH...they literally can pick any military doctor they want.  So why was he there since 2006? 

As already noted he wasn't nominated for a cabinet level position under Obama.  I do know no one put up a fight over his withdrawal. That tells me he was trouble waiting to happen if even republicans step away.

33 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

As already noted he wasn't nominated for a cabinet level position under Obama.  I do know no one put up a fight over his withdrawal. That tells me he was trouble waiting to happen if even republicans step away.

Are you that far gone that you are suggesting it is OK for him to be servicing the President and the WH staff with enough product that they have come to call him "Candyman", so long as he isn't nominated for a Cabinet position?  Really?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Are you that far gone that you are suggesting it is OK for him to be servicing the President and the WH staff with enough product that they have come to call him "Candyman", so long as he isn't nominated for a Cabinet position?  Really?

We don't know that he's a doctor feelgood. My sense of what I've read is he's more along the lines of a terrible manager which could explain why he ended up in the West Wing backwater. Everybody drinks and does something or other in Washington so I doubt its that. If the Prez had some pressing illness he wouldn't be under this guy's care anyhow.

Ex-Obama official: Picking White House physician to run VA is 'like having your Uber driver park the space shuttle'

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/381035-ex-obama-official-picking-white-house-physician-to-run-va-is-like-having-your

Edited by zenwalk

20 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

We don't know that he's a doctor feelgood. My sense of what I've read is he's more along the lines of a terrible manager which could explain why he ended up in the West Wing backwater. Everybody drinks and does something or other in Washington so I doubt its that. If the Prez had some pressing illness he wouldn't be under this guy's care anyhow.

Ex-Obama official: Picking White House physician to run VA is 'like having your Uber driver park the space shuttle'

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/381035-ex-obama-official-picking-white-house-physician-to-run-va-is-like-having-your

So you believe the Candyman stories are NOT true?  

4 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

No No No... "sources" have said they are!

As already noted he wasn't nominated for a cabinet level position under Obama. 

A key difference that is eluding the tinfoil hat crowd.

29 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

For sure. You want a Lyft driver for that. 

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

I haven't delved very deeply into this story. I have no problem with Dr Feelgoods anyhow as I believe it's the individuals right to choose their own poison. The articles I've read make mention of his poor management skills..

Edited by zenwalk

3 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

For sure. You want a Lyft driver for that. 

LOL 

Just now, zenwalk said:

I haven't delved into this story. I have no problem with Dr Feelgoods anyhow as I believe it's the individuals right to choose their own poison. The articles I've read make mention of his poor management skills..

Right.  So over/free prescribing meds is OK, so long as it is done efficiently.  Give me a break.

Just now, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Right.  So over/free prescribing meds is OK, so long as it is done efficiently.  Give me a break.

You are making me out to be a pro-Ronnyista? That's funny. It's a moot point and it's Friday afternoon. 

5 hours ago, zenwalk said:

Over 20 people stepped forward concerning this guy. Even Trump backed off. Not sure why anyone would feel comfortable turning over the country's second largest bureaucracy to someone with all this smoke. It's more outrageous to wave another Trump loafer through when we see how well the others are doing.

Which anonymous 20 people have stepped forward, and what are their sources? Trump backed off of what exactly, and who are those sources? If Admiral Johnson is a Trump loafer, why was he retained for the previous eight years in the Obama Administration? 

42 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Which anonymous 20 people have stepped forward, and what are their sources? Trump backed off of what exactly, and who are those sources? If Admiral Johnson is a Trump loafer, why was he retained for the previous eight years in the Obama Administration? 

It's amusing watching your sort get all sniffy over sources and cites while you slurp your information from the likes of Fox, infowars and 4chan.  

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

It's amusing watching your sort get all sniffy over sources and cites while you slurp your information from the likes of Fox, infowars and 4chan.  

So, still no sources, just strawmen, ( and pathetic ones at that), to irrelevant sources I never mentioned?  

Sniffy? Really? :lol::lol:  

Edited by volperdinger

1 minute ago, volperdinger said:

So, still no sources, just strawmen, ( and pathetic ones at that), to irrelevant sources I never mentioned?  

Sniffy? Really? :lol::lol:  

Btw, Brother Melvin would backhand you today, for your total abandonment of critical thinking. 

1 hour ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

All anyone needs to do is name a single source for the accusations. Don't for a second get me wrong, I'm seriously cynical of everyone involved in anything political, and everyone is potential scum. On this, I'd like to see someone with an actual name behind the accusations. 

To me, it's laughable that this guy was done in by anonymous "sources" that didn't exist prior to Trump. Obama praised him, and the SS says they have no knowledge of any of these allegations.

"Middle of the Road" , can you name a source for these accusations? An actual person? 

It's sad that the hatred of the opposing party or person allows completely fabricated stuff  to actually be considered legit, with no real verification. 

Give actual sources, or you're defining "fake news". 

IMO, it's astounding this attack angle actually worked, with no actual names behind the accusations.  I guess this is where where we're at, but don't for a second think it wont affect your hero at some point.

You are making me out to be a pro-Ronnyista? That's funny. It's a moot point and it's Friday afternoon. 

Hardly.  Your irrational hatred of all things Republican is well documented.  But Jackson as nominee is not the story, IMO.  The bigger story is why was this guy allowed near three Presidents, at least two of whom reportedly used drugs in their pre-electoral days?  And he if he wasn’t a Candyman then we have witnessed the most vile of character assasinations.

1 minute ago, pepper said:

All anyone needs to do is name a single source for the accusations. Don't for a second get me wrong, I'm seriously cynical of everyone involved in anything political, and everyone is potential scum. On this, I'd like to see someone with an actual name behind the accusations. 

To me, it's laughable that this guy was done in by anonymous "sources" that didn't exist prior to Trump. Obama praised him, and the SS says they have no knowledge of any of these allegations.

"Middle of the Road" , can you name a source for these accusations? An actual person? 

It's sad that the hatred of the opposing party or person allows completely fabricated stuff  to actually be considered legit, with no real verification. 

Give actual sources, or you're defining "fake news". 

IMO, it's astounding this attack angle actually worked, with no actual names behind the accusations.  I guess this is where where we're at, but don't for a second think it wont affect your hero at some point.

The problem is when we have an administration that thrives in the dark any attempt at transparency will find you out on the street looking for a new job, or worse. These thugs play for keeps and that's why people remain anonymous. But you know that already. If it weren't for anonymous tips your news feed would be blank. The litmus test is how quickly everyone stepped away from Doc Ronny.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, MiddleOfTheRoad said:

Hardly.  Your irrational hatred of all things Republican is well documented.  But Jackson as nominee is not the story, IMO.  The bigger story is why was this guy allowed near three Presidents, at least two of whom reportedly used drugs in their pre-electoral days?  And he if he wasn’t a Candyman then we have witnessed the most vile of character assasinations.

A school nurse could do his job. That's why.

Edited by zenwalk