Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Pennsylvania golf club apologized after calling police on black women members for playing too slow

39 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pennsylvania-golf-club-apologized-calling-police-black-women-members-playing-slow-232231330.html

The women — who are all members at the golf club — were told they were not keeping the pace of play on just the second hole by former York County Commissioner Steve Chronister, who claimed to be the owner of the club. They claimed they were keeping pace with the group ahead of them, and talked with the golf pro at the course after Chronister confronted the group. They claimed the golf pro said they were fine.

Really racists?  Is this what you racists have resorted to?  Calling cops on African Americans so that you can have a big ole laugh about it over drinks?

if you know anything about the area, this incident wouldn't be that much of a surprise....as a former resident of the county I can assure you racism is alive and well.....

Some golf rangers/starters are the worst, acting like they are managing Pebble Beach. It sounds like these ladies were playing at the pace of the group in front of them, which is all you can do when a course is crowded.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

Some golf rangers/starters are the worst, acting like they are managing Pebble Beach. It sounds like these ladies were playing at the pace of the group in front of them, which is all you can do when a course is crowded.

Unless you’re black. Racists don’t have a tolerance for black people .... period. So what a white will do that appears norrmal........ racists see as an affront to their “rights “.

Edited by EgyptKang

I'm sensing some "lack of candor" here. 

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

We weren't there but, if they were 'playing at the pace of the group in  front of them', why were they skipping holes to catch up?

48 minutes ago, workerbee said:

I'm sensing some "lack of candor" here. 

Especially the sentence stressing the women were 'members at the golf club'. Grandview is a public course that sells season passes.

16 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

We weren't there but, if they were 'playing at the pace of the group in  front of them', why were they skipping holes to catch up?

Maybe so they could be right on their tails to avoid getting yelled at again? IDK.

Just think calling the cops is again, a waste of time and resources for something trivial, like....sitting in a coffee shop for a minute or two before being told to leave.

It doesn't add up.

25 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Especially the sentence stressing the women were 'members at the golf club'. Grandview is a public course that sells season passes.

A "fivesome"?  Keeping up with group in front... but skipping holes?  Tsk, Tsk,Tsk. 

I've played with 5 golfers in the same group before.

You don't call the cops on a slow group in front of you no matter how annoying they may be. 

Just a well placed ball right in front of them or into the trees near them works like a charm.

23 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I've played with 5 golfers in the same group before.

Must of been a crappy course because most I have played in would stop that right in its tracks if it was a busy course.

1 hour ago, FatBoy said:

Good catch. Wonder how long it will take for the thread title to change:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

Good catch. Wonder how long it will take for the thread title to change:rolleyes:

It's in the article.

51 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

It's in the article.

Then it's just as wrong.

Why would they call the police?? What’s with people calling the cops for insignificant stuff?? Not playing golf fast enough?? :rolleyes: 

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Why would they call the police?? What’s with people calling the cops for insignificant stuff?? Not playing golf fast enough?? :rolleyes: 

Exactly. That's the bugaboo here, same as Starbucks. DO YOU REALLY NEED TO CALL THE COPS?.

I joined this course haven't been out yet what happened is this guy sold a bunch of 3 yr memberships at 175 bucks all the golf you want cart extra. well all the cheap wads that golf bought into it and the course was jam packed the other Friday reminded me of caddy shack. He basically oversold the membership and Dave the ranger told me there will be no singles during busy times and they were enforcing the pace of play. This course was known for old ladies walking and yapping and doing 5 hour rounds. You cant keep up get off the course. Another bs case where the people were of color. they treat everyone the same.

10 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

if you know anything about the area, this incident wouldn't be that much of a surprise....as a former resident of the county I can assure you racism is alive and well.....

We seem to all get along the old guard of racism is dying here. Coombs tavern is a local prime rib tavern and we all converse no matter age skin color or how rich or poor you are.

8 hours ago, FatBoy said:

and buying season passes makes you a member.....most public courses sell these types of annual passes...

1 hour ago, daravenator said:

We seem to all get along the old guard of racism is dying here. Coombs tavern is a local prime rib tavern and we all converse no matter age skin color or how rich or poor you are.

I suggest you take a nice drive through Spring Grove, Penn Township, West Manheim Township, and Hanover Borough and count the number of confederate symbols on peoples vehicles and the number of stars and bars flags in yards.....

as far as the course....Chronister was on them by hole #2.....this was not about speed of play....the starter was wrong from letting 5 go at once (happens here in San Antonio on occasion),,,his comment about the one women's role with the NAACP also gives away the motivation of the neanderthal.....

5 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

I suggest you take a nice drive through Spring Grove, Penn Township, West Manheim Township, and Hanover Borough and count the number of confederate symbols on peoples vehicles and the number of stars and bars flags in yards.....

as far as the course....Chronister was on them by hole #2.....this was not about speed of play....the starter was wrong from letting 5 go at once (happens here in San Antonio on occasion),,,his comment about the one women's role with the NAACP also gives away the motivation of the neanderthal.....

They're really flying the Stars and Bars?  Most people wouldn't know what that was.  (It's the one on the right.)

55 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

They're really flying the Stars and Bars?  Most people wouldn't know what that was.  (It's the one on the right.)

yep.....I found it pretty amazing and slightly disturbing....you would think people living in that area would have visited Gettysburg at some point in their life......the battleflag had it's place as well......

there is an significant amount of truth in why the state is referred to as Pennsyltucky.....Philly on one end, Pittsburgh on the other, and Kentucky in the middle...

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Yes. That is the stupid part. If they let them out as a fivesome, they basically sanctioned the slow play and then called them on it.

Calling the cops is an open invitation to bad publicity which is the last thing they need. A lot of public golf courses are struggling financially.

I belong to a private golf club and if your group plays slow, the other members or the club president will let you know. There is no way you are getting off the first tee with five players. 

Edited by FatBoy

17 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Yes. That is the stupid part. If they let them out as a fivesome, they basically sanctioned the slow play and then called them on it.

Calling the cops is an open invitation to bad publicity which is the last thing they need. A lot of public golf courses are struggling financially.

I belong to a private golf club and if your group plays slow, the other members or the club president will let you know. There is no way you are getting off the first tee with five players. 

I suppose that at your club no etiquette  such as "mind if we play through?" exists.