Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Pennsylvania golf club apologized after calling police on black women members for playing too slow

39 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, daravenator said:

We seem to all get along the old guard of racism is dying here. Coombs tavern is a local prime rib tavern and we all converse no matter age skin color or how rich or poor you are.

Party Pooper!

1 hour ago, can you hear me now! said:

and buying season passes makes you a member.....most public courses sell these types of annual passes...

Do you get your personal locker... and all?

12 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

I suppose that at your club no etiquette  such as "mind if we play through?" exists. 

It's not necessary. I've been at my club for 15 years and no one has ever asked to play through and I have never asked to play through. A round over 4 hours only happens with a full field tournament. 

1 minute ago, FatBoy said:

It's not necessary. I've been at my club for 15 years and no one has ever asked to play through and I have never asked to play through. A round over 4 hours only happens with a full field tournament. 

Well, Day-um, Mr Palmer, does that green jacket still fit? 

CNN will be all over this rev. Al and Jessie are probably on there way. One of the women is an attorney in York let the fire works begin. Hanover, PA has all white membership clubs so does York so yes racism is alive from York to West Virginia.

10 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

This is crap.

Uh Ohhh... "Sandra Thompson, another of the women who is also the president of the York chapter of the NAACP, "  

"Thompson told the York Daily Record that she was hoping for sensitivity and diversity training - not just a meeting with the golf club."  After reading this particular version... I would agree with Thompson.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-pennsylvania-golf-club-calls-police-black-women-20180423-story.html

48 minutes ago, daravenator said:

CNN will be all over this rev. Al and Jessie are probably on there way. One of the women is an attorney in York let the fire works begin. Hanover, PA has all white membership clubs so does York so yes racism is alive from York to West Virginia.

I'd be interested in hearing the names of private PA clubs that state... No Blacks Allowed.  

On 4/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, workerbee said:

Do you get your personal locker... and all?

don't think grandview has lockers.....what you pay for was covered in another part of this thread....it's a golf club, not a country club....learn the difference...

13 hours ago, daravenator said:

maybe the Chronister's should stick to a consistent answer....Monday's statement was completely different than Sunday's message...you know the one where at least one of the owners admitted they were wrong on Sunday and then decided to blame the victims on Monday....the fact that one is a lawyer and one works for the NAACP doesn't help the fools that own the course....shifting the focus from the boorish behavior of the Chronister's to focus on how these women are gainfully employed is typical racist behavior....as I said, not much has changed in York County since the '60s.....

14 hours ago, workerbee said:

Uh Ohhh... "Sandra Thompson, another of the women who is also the president of the York chapter of the NAACP, "  

"Thompson told the York Daily Record that she was hoping for sensitivity and diversity training - not just a meeting with the golf club."  After reading this particular version... I would agree with Thompson.  http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-pennsylvania-golf-club-calls-police-black-women-20180423-story.html

I mean it’s crap that they got treated like this by a guy who thinks he owns the place!

59 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

I mean it’s crap that they got treated like this by a guy who thinks he owns the place!

Like, uhh totally swim dude man

9 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

don't think grandview has lockers.....what you pay for was covered in another part of this thread....it's a golf club, not a country club....learn the difference...

Caves Valley is my only experience with a "Golf Club"...  sorry!