Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikemor1

Draft Thread

238 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

lol

I like Jackson myself, but Ken is the same guy who was against the Flacco pick because we had Troy Smith on the roster. He even wanted Troy to start throughout the 2008 season. Thus his ability to judge QB talent is lacking (or biased). 

10 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

The dude had good passing numbers, so I don’t understand the obsession with his running ability. Not to mention, that’s what coaching is for. 

I agree with you but I think the "obsession" as you put it lies in the fact that when he gets into the open field, he can do a lot of damage.  Something this town has never seen with a quarterback.  So, it's probably the novelty and the highlight reel potential that has people fixated on it.  To be honest, I can't wait to see him head downfield after the pocket collapses.   Refreshing would be an understatement. 

4 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

Flacco has to prove himself. Many of those excuses have been mostly legitimate; and he definitely hasn't been the same since the injury that sidelined him for awhile; we need to remember too that Flacco wasn't even well enough to play in the preseason. The first few weeks (until at about the halfway point) he played rather timidly. If there were a decent backup QB (like Jackson) I suspect he could have and should have been benched until he fully recovered. With that being said I applaud the Jackson pick and look forward to a potentially potent offense in the not so distant future.

Amen sir

On 5/1/2018 at 7:25 PM, bmore_ken said:

Amen sir

I haven’t seen you this excited about a Ravens QB since Steve McNair and then Troy Smith. I actually share your excitement about Jackson as I did McNair. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:05 PM, Manny said:

I like Jackson myself, but Ken is the same guy who was against the Flacco pick because we had Troy Smith on the roster. He even wanted Troy to start throughout the 2008 season. Thus his ability to judge QB talent is lacking (or biased). 

I don't think it has as much to do with his ability to judge a quarterback as much as it has to do with being biased. I think you know that as much as I do.

6 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

I don't think it has as much to do with his ability to judge a quarterback as much as it has to do with being biased. I think you know that as much as I do.

Yep. And predictably, he found fault with Hayden Hurst selection. 

8 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

But I am on the record agreeing with the Jackson selection at number 32. Though round one, it’s essentially a second rounder in my book, with an extra year of team control. Over 75% of first round QBs flop. By the same token we have a good number of second round busts over our history. Because of this fact, it was well worth it to kick the tires on Jackson. 

5 hours ago, RavingManiac said:

Yeah Flacco has been amazing:lol: 

4 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Yeah Flacco has been amazing:lol: 

How’s Troy Smith doing nowadays? “It’s about time”, you know!!! 

All I can add to this discussion, is "Who Knows?" 

I don't care how Jackson does in rookie camp, nor do I want to hear how good (or bad) he's looked OTA's, training camp, or preseason games. Until he goes against honest-to-God NFL competition in a game that actually counts, there's no way of knowing whether he has the goods to be an NFL quarterback or not.

On 5/5/2018 at 0:57 AM, mdrunning said:

I don't care how Jackson does in rookie camp, nor do I want to hear how good (or bad) he's looked OTA's, training camp, or preseason games. Until he goes against honest-to-God NFL competition in a game that actually counts, there's no way of knowing whether he has the goods to be an NFL quarterback or not.

Agreed. 

On 5/5/2018 at 0:57 AM, mdrunning said:

I think he'll be successful in the short term as were rg3, kapernick, etc.....

No doubt athletes can make things happen in the NFL.....

You are right, no one knows but statistically his style of play is against him.....