Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KeepItReal

Lamar Jackson Wonderlic Score = 13

79 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Seems like you stalk Ken a lot, and you know who his "comrades" are...so you'd have a better idea about who thought what about X quarterback than I would.

BTW, left-wing...hahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

You both are left wingers. That’s no secret. Meanwhile his preference for a QB with a darker complexion has been obvious for years. I am excited about Jackson too. I would share the same excitement about a white kid with the same skill set. Ken would find all kinds of fault with the white version of the same player. Maybe he prefers black QBs because of past discrimination. He would be much more genuine if he admitted his excited is as much about symbolism as it is potential for success.

The same goes for the US media. I am unsure if they share my excitement for Jackson or they are overly complementary because of his skin shade. Lefties will deny such as thing takes place, but that does not change the fact it really does happen. 

24 minutes ago, Manny said:

You both are left wingers. That’s no secret. Meanwhile his preference for a QB with a darker complexion has been obvious for years. I am excited about Jackson too. I would share the same excitement about a white kid with the same skill set. Ken would find all kinds of fault with the white version of the same player. Maybe he prefers black QBs because of past discrimination. He would be much more genuine if he admitted his excited is as much about symbolism as it is potential for success.

I'm actually an Independent thinker but whatever you say, fella.

Let Ken be Ken, or whatever version of Ken you think he is. Why do you care either way?

1 hour ago, Manny said:

No one in this forum goes to the racial extreme as much as Ken.

I don't know. It seems to me that someone who would remember the QB likes and dislikes of a single poster over a decade ago in order to make a point about race is going to a pretty racial extreme. Ken is mad at me for our last conversation so I'm not sure I'm the best person to come to his defense (not that he needs one) but he is far from a left-winger. He is a centrist that leans a touch left and you would have to be pretty far over into the shoulder on the other side of the road to not be able to tell the difference. 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

:lol:

I'm pretty sure Ken's opinion of Flacco has evolved as Flacco's play has gone downhill.  Like most of us.  But that won't stop your childlike political opinions.

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Ken has a track record for what he likes in a QB. That factor is very important to him. I knows he’s your left wing comrade, but I called him out on his biased look on QBs. If you can, please point out a poster who was anti-McNair, Smith and Jackson who vehemently supported both Boller and Flacco. No one in this forum goes to the racial extreme as much as Ken.

I don't usually post comments about other posters, but I think you are off base on this one.  There are some posters who are race baiters, Ken is not one of them.  He has his viewpoints, and I don't always agree with him, but I have never felt any of it was race based.  I'm sorry, you are just wrong about that.  

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Seems like you stalk Ken a lot, and you know who his "comrades" are...so you'd have a better idea about who thought what about X quarterback than I would.

BTW, left-wing...hahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

The funny thing is I've had the clown on ignore for a few years and he still seeks my attention. His obsession is kind of sad if you ask me.:D What's even funnier is, ken would have been happy with either of the five qbs drafted in the first round. Say what you want, but the numbers show Flacco has been more bad than good in his career.

Edited by bmore_ken

8 hours ago, Rael said:

I don't know. It seems to me that someone who would remember the QB likes and dislikes of a single poster over a decade ago in order to make a point about race is going to a pretty racial extreme. Ken is mad at me for our last conversation so I'm not sure I'm the best person to come to his defense (not that he needs one) but he is far from a left-winger. He is a centrist that leans a touch left and you would have to be pretty far over into the shoulder on the other side of the road to not be able to tell the difference. 

Exactly.

9 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

The funny thing is I've had the clown on ignore for a few years and he still seeks my attention. His obsession is kind of sad if you ask me.:D What's even funnier is, ken would have been happy with either of the five qbs drafted in the first round. Say what you want, but the numbers show Flacco has been more bad than good in his career.

For years? It’s been a couple months. Nonetheless you still frequently  respond to my comments.  

On 5/3/2018 at 8:19 AM, bmore_ken said:

Dummies throw three yard passes on 3rd down when you need six. Are there any NFL qbs that do that? I think we have one on the roster:rolleyes: 

I agree and vent on that point all the time ......

I've frequently posted that flacco is a himbo that can't call his own plays and cant read defenses well enough to do more than throw deep or dump off......

no surprise he has one of the lower wonderlics for active sb winning qbs but yet is double jacksons .....

Numbers say Flacco has been more bad than good in his CAREER? Seriously?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

Numbers say Flacco has been more bad than good in his CAREER? Seriously?

Flacco has surpassed a 85 qb rating four times in 10 years. Bad may be the wrong word, average may be better. Russell Wilson +90 his entire career include two seasons over 100. Matt Ryan, one season under 85. Even Andy Dalton has a +100 on his resume. You do the math.

Edited by bmore_ken

Something to keep in mind about the Wonderlic score........Jackson did not hire an agent, instead using his mother as one.  I don't think that was a very good move, but none the less, professional agents usually give their clients coaching on the Wonderlic and practice tests.  It is unlikely Jackson's mother did that.  It could be part of the reason his score was so much lower than others.

I am firmly in the skeptical camp on Lamar Jackson.  Many of the scouting reports I read questioned his accuracy, his mechanics, and said his weight profile is such that he might be prone to injury in the NFL if he plays like he did in college.  I'm sure he's going to reel off some fantastic athletic plays, but I also think that he's going to find some of the things he was able to do in college will not work in the NFL.  NFL defenses are bigger, stronger, quicker and smarter than the defenses he faced in college.  I just think he is going to be an inconsistent passer in the NFL and the things that bailed him out in college will be a lot harder to duplicate in the NFL.  I will be glad to say I am wrong if he becomes a top notch QB, but I'm going to have to be shown that first. 

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Flacco has surpassed a 85 qb rating four times in 10 years. Bad may be the wrong word, average may be better. Russell Wilson +90 his entire career include two seasons over 100. Matt Ryan, one season under 85. Even Andy Dalton has a +100 on his resume. You do the math.

Okay. I won't argue Russell Wilson at all, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. Ryan and Dalton are guys who, to me, might be very talented but have a history of withering in the biggest games. Even Ryan bares some blame for his play and some decisions made in the course of their epic Superbowl meltdown... along with some other playoff losses where he gave the ball away in key situations. Rating is a thing, but I don't think it tells a full story.

You may get away being dumb as a rock but not with inaccuracy.

He was described as having accuracy issues in college and rumors out of camp so far...accuracy, accuracy, accuracy.

No amount of running is going to save you in snow and sleet in December @ Pitt.

He also said, asked about Flacco, that he doesn't yet know what he'll learn "from the 33-year-old veteran"...really...nothing from a 10 year NFL vet..okay

Reminds me actually of Geno Smith when he said that he didn't need to study film of the opposing teams, only had to worry about what he was doing.

1 hour ago, RLPro said:

You may get away being dumb as a rock but not with inaccuracy.

He was described as having accuracy issues in college and rumors out of camp so far...accuracy, accuracy, accuracy.

No amount of running is going to save you in snow and sleet in December @ Pitt.

He also said, asked about Flacco, that he doesn't yet know what he'll learn "from the 33-year-old veteran"...really...nothing from a 10 year NFL vet..okay

Reminds me actually of Geno Smith when he said that he didn't need to study film of the opposing teams, only had to worry about what he was doing.

Yea, all the draft day reviews read electrifying but needs to work on accuracy ......

And like this and rg3 got a lot of yards passing on shirt passes with yac after they start moving around and spread the defenses .....

Some if the film study I saw of him making inaccurate sideline throws they pointed out his footwork and mechanics and said the pros will straighten that out .....

Really? How many examples are there? ....

13 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

Okay. I won't argue Russell Wilson at all, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. Ryan and Dalton are guys who, to me, might be very talented but have a history of withering in the biggest games. Even Ryan bares some blame for his play and some decisions made in the course of their epic Superbowl meltdown... along with some other playoff losses where he gave the ball away in key situations. Rating is a thing, but I don't think it tells a full story.

They may not tell the whole story, but if you can't judge a qb on his numbers, I'm not sure what you grade him on.

3 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

They may not tell the whole story, but if you can't judge a qb on his numbers, I'm not sure what you grade him on.

Many of the best numbers qbs are system qbs.....

How many all pro qbs came out of Hawaii or Houston....

Even byu had more missed than hits ....

37 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Many of the best numbers qbs are system qbs.....

How many all pro qbs came out of Hawaii or Houston....

Even byu had more missed than hits ....

I’m not talking about college numbers. Read back a couple of posts between me and Ravens2006

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

I’m not talking about college numbers. Read back a couple of posts between me and Ravens2006

Got it.....

Flacco has a higher QB rating in the NFL than Troy Smith amassed in the CFL. Remember that Terrell Suggs, Trevor Price and Bart Scott begged for Smith at QB.  Flacco has been shaky, but thankfully we invested in him instead of Smith. 

Smith was a 5th round draft pick who got into games because everyone else sucked and/or was hurt. The comparisons between him and Jackson are pretty far off.

Jackson has worlds more potential than Smith.

18 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Smith was a 5th round draft pick who got into games because everyone else sucked and/or was hurt. The comparisons between him and Jackson are pretty far off.

Bingo 

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

No doubt Jackson is more NFL ready than Smith ever was. Recall though Ravens players, particularly on the defense, want Troy Smith in the starting role throughout the 2008 season. Loud mouth kneeling Suggs was most vocal Smith cheerleader. Posters here reminded us we needed to keep the defense happy. We were told the defense would know the better QB. Clearly not. I maintained at the time that if our defense struggled against Troy Smith, it was more a weakness of theirs as opposed to a strength of Troy.

44 minutes ago, Manny said:

No doubt Jackson is more NFL ready than Smith ever was. Recall though Ravens players, particularly on the defense, want Troy Smith in the starting role throughout the 2008 season. Loud mouth kneeling Suggs was most vocal Smith cheerleader. Posters here reminded us we needed to keep the defense happy. We were told the defense would know the better QB. Clearly not. I maintained at the time that if our defense struggled against Troy Smith, it was more a weakness of theirs as opposed to a strength of Troy.

I don't remember the defense saying that stuff, especially once 2008 got underway and Flacco played well. In fact I remember Suggs vocally supporting Flacco.

And dude, if you remember what posters here said in 2008, you seriously need to get a life.