Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Atlanta Braves in First Place in NL East

16 posts in this topic

Looks like the rebuild job is happening faster! O's fans, plenty of room on the bandwagon! 

Nick and Flash both hitting over .300

Starters are going 6+ innings

Since Acuna was called up we are 6-1.

Even though Coppy screwed some things up he deserves some credit. He drafted well. He dumped the big contracts, flipped the Uptons, Heyward, Simmons, Kimbrell, Miller for some prospects

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/86070/real-or-not-the-baby-braves-might-be-ready-ahead-of-schedule

Posted (edited)

Case and point why I want this dumpster fire overhauled asap.

KEEP LOSING!

Edited by Slidemaster

And the Yankees are off to their best start since 2003 

MM might be a good fit there. Who's their 3b? Bat-flip Bautista? The Braves have a disgustingly deep farm system. We ought  to be able to pry a nugget or two out of them. 

8 minutes ago, catatonia said:

MM might be a good fit there. Who's their 3b? Bat-flip Bautista? The Braves have a disgustingly deep farm system. We ought  to be able to pry a nugget or two out of them. 

There are Manny rumors but Liberty Media is TIGHT on the $$$$$. 

I might start watching the Braves and Diamondbacks.

It helps that the Metsies are totally falling apart. They batted out of order today. Always a nice move.

5 hours ago, catatonia said:

The Braves have Austin Riley. a 21-year old who figures to be an outstanding power-hitting third baseman, and perhaps as early as next season. No way the Braves surrender him for a partial season of Manny. Their pitching prospects might be the best since they had Glavine, Smoltz and Steve Avery all coming through the system, yet the only name I've seen possibly mentioned as a possible trade chip is Touki Touissant. Great arm, but somewhat inconsistent. The Orioles might have a shot at him.

Manny is defiantly standing his ground. He will not move back to 3B. Anyone who trades for him, better understand that. 

14 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

And Nick is hitting .333, Flash .310

Is Flash on DL? Looks like he hasn’t played in a week. Isn’t it amazing how some of these ex Orioles are thriving? Meanwhile Angelos is a strong supporter of “the Crow.” No other organization would employ this guy and his antiquated approach to hitting.

37 minutes ago, Manny said:

Is Flash on DL? Looks like he hasn’t played in a week. Isn’t it amazing how some of these ex Orioles are thriving? Meanwhile Angelos is a strong supporter of “the Crow.” No other organization would employ this guy and his antiquated approach to hitting.

They signed Jose Bautista to play 3B. I assume that move put RF back in his familiar role as a bench player

I heard Markakis is leading the NL in hitting. Another brilliant decision by Big Dan!!!

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, pitbull said:

I heard Markakis is leading the NL in hitting. Another brilliant decision by Big Dan!!!

I think that is more on Angelos, who didn't want to give him the 4th year IIRC, which was surprising, since I remember Angelos always mentioning Nick's greek heritage (Angelos is also Greek).

I thought Markakis could be rather easily replaced. By the end of 2014 his power was zapped, his AVG had dipped, his arm wasn't what it used to be...

But that was wrong.

It's insane that he could get to 3,000 hits and ultimately make the HOF since 3K hits pretty much guarantees it. And he's never even made a ASG.

Edited by Pickle20

5 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

I thought Markakis could be rather easily replaced. 

Big problem because he hasn’t been replaced in four years. Clearly, Big Dan had no plan.

Best record in NL ... Best record in NL ... Best record in NL ... Best record in NL ... Best record in NL ... Best record in NL ... Best record in NL ...

Nick hitting .346