Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pitbull

Chris Davis: 'We’ve relied on the home run in the past way too often and we’ve done it for way too long'

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Finally! 

Now, whatcha gonna do about it?

(I doubt anything).

Edited by pitbull

It took them this long to figure that out :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, weird-O said:

It took them this long to figure that out :rolleyes:

Seven years....

God , Davis is the worst offender and he is making this proclamation.  I'd be OK with this "see the light moment", but he can't/won't change so its just all irritating lip service.  How is that bunting going Krush on beating the shift??   Sorry, but this guy has lost all credibility with me.  He just comes off looking very dopey when makes comments like this.  Just keep swinging harder Krush.  that's the ticket to beat that darn shift.  Hit it through someone's glove.

Actually on second thought , maybe this is a good thing he spoke out even if it sounds dopey.   Reading between the lines, I see DD and Buck going under the bus.  Listen up Baby Bros to your 161mil man.  He ain't going anywhere, so you better change the GM and Manager.  Typical Krush, he should of said "I"  not "We".   This guy has as much leadership ability as a wet paper bag.

Oh and Davis making his criticism less than a week after he is benched for 2 days and is now batting 7th.  Hmmmmmm!

Then Chris should be dropping more bunts down 3rd base!

4 hours ago, pitbull said:

Seven years....

Would you like to see a change in the front office? ;) 

I doubt you would have gotten paid all that $ if the Orioles did not have this approach. Point taken, now shut up and try to make some contact.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

God , Davis is the worst offender and he is making this proclamation.  I'd be OK with this "see the light moment", but he can't/won't change so its just all irritating lip service.  How is that bunting going Krush on beating the shift??   Sorry, but this guy has lost all credibility with me.  He just comes off looking very dopey when makes comments like this.  Just keep swinging harder Krush.  that's the ticket to beat that darn shift.  Hit it through someone's glove.

I agree, now he is one of the worst offenders of HR or nothing baseball. However, when he was good he was the best at working the count. He struck out a ton, but he walked a lot too. His OBP is still 100 points higher than his AVG which means he's still walking a lot compared to his AVG. But he still stinks and that contract is an anchor around the organization's neck.

Edited by Pickle20

38 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I agree, now he is one of the worst offenders of HR or nothing baseball. However, when he was good he was the best at working the count. He struck out a ton, but he walked a lot too. His OBP is still 100 points higher than his AVG which means he's still walking a lot compared to his AVG. But he still stinks and that contract is an anchor around the organization's neck.

The thing that strikes me about his comments is where is his personal accountability at ??  He is hitting .180 with what 2 dingers and less than 10 RBIs. And its "We".   He has sucked for way too long.  What is he going to do to turn this ship around.  Disgraceful.  Of course his Daddy Buck rides to the rescue and changes his diaper and rephrases his statement to make it look like he is being accountable.  Oh, and he puts him back 5th in the line-up.  God Buck, quit covering for this buffoon.  Call him out.  How about say he needs to be better and the team will follow.  Buck, you've lost this ship.  Step aside Sir,  you are embarrassing yourself.

A new hitting philosophy is desperately needed organization-wide.

For the longest time, no one seems to know how to advance runners, manufacture runs, bunt, play small ball, score via sacrifice fly, etc.

I can give a pass for not bunting. As much as I appreciate it, bunting is a dying talent, if it isn't already dead. But that other small ball stuff is such a better version of the game. No one on this team seems to want to intentionally give up an at bat. It's like they'll be sent down to Aberdeen if they choke up and move the runner over, or some other version of passing the baton.  

Posted (edited)

There's trouble in paradise...just saw a replay of Davis trying to catch a ball by the dugout last night. Trumbo reaches out to stop Davis from falling and Davis shoves his arm away.

It's no surprise the O's are like 8-100 since Trumbo got all upset about getting a post-game pie in the face.

Edited by Pickle20

Davis has K’d twice - looking, of course - so far today.

Tying run on 3rd with 2 down in the 9th, Chris Davis is about the last person you want at the plate in that situation. Which is a tough thing to say about a guy making 20+ million a year for YEARS to come...

1 hour ago, Ravens2006 said:

Tying run on 3rd with 2 down in the 9th, Chris Davis is about the last person you want at the plate in that situation. Which is a tough thing to say about a guy making 20+ million a year for YEARS to come...

...and batting cleanup.

On 5/4/2018 at 1:24 PM, weird-O said:

I can give a pass for not bunting. As much as I appreciate it, bunting is a dying talent, if it isn't already dead. But that other small ball stuff is such a better version of the game. No one on this team seems to want to intentionally give up an at bat. It's like they'll be sent down to Aberdeen if they choke up and move the runner over, or some other version of passing the baton.  

Predictably striking out isn't considered giving up an at bat.  ;)

Posted (edited)

At no point this season has Davis' AVG been above .200 (.186 has been his peak) nor has his OBP been above .300 (.286 is that peak).  His SLG peaked at .288... 3 weeks ago.

Yet Buck continues to shove him in the cleanup slot...

I'm honestly shocked Ubaldo hasn't been re-signed yet...

Edited by Ravens2006

3 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

At no point this season has Davis' AVG been above .200 (.186 has been his peak) nor has his OBP been above .300 (.286 is that peak).  His SLG peaked at .288... 3 weeks ago.

Yet Buck continues to shove him in the cleanup slot...

I'm honestly shocked Ubaldo hasn't been re-signed yet...

Who else should have his ABs?

This team is a dumpster fire. No way around it. Need to plug and play Davis and hope he somehow re-discovers his swing.

Funny he says that now that he can't hit home runs anymore. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

Funny he says that now that he can't hit home runs anymore. :rolleyes:

For realz.

Davis can’t even handle a 94 mph fastball down the middle anymore.

Look out.  Buck just told Roch that Davis has made some unidentified adjustments that make him look more "Hitterish".  Yep, he said that.