Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Buzzcut

First inning, game over!

47 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, BayAreaBmore said:

It’s shocking how often this team strikes out. 11 already tonight. And everyone on this team strikes out. It’s almost contagious.  DD and Buck either intentionally seek out high strikeout guys (which seems to be the case) or there’s something else going on. 

This is actually a serious question- does the organization employ a competent eye doctor? 

It's a sport-wide malady, buddy.  It's how baseball is played today with the Orioles being the ring leaders.  And I can't stand it.  It's one of the main reasons I can't watch the game anymore.  But baseball is cyclic so I would imagine at some point, contact and on base percentage will once again become all the rave and we'll be done with this idiocy.  So, to answer your question- they don't need a competent eye doctor...they need for the sport and collective mentality to change.  

Posted (edited)

20 Ks at the plate and a rule 5 guy giving it up in extras... Orioles magic!

Speaking of HRs... saw a commercial the other day for a junior HR derby sponsored by MLB. What a great way to teach the kiddos to swing harder and uppercut the ball more.

Edited by Ravens2006

10 hours ago, jamesdean said:

It's a sport-wide malady, buddy.  It's how baseball is played today with the Orioles being the ring leaders.  And I can't stand it.  It's one of the main reasons I can't watch the game anymore.  But baseball is cyclic so I would imagine at some point, contact and on base percentage will once again become all the rave and we'll be done with this idiocy.  So, to answer your question- they don't need a competent eye doctor...they need for the sport and collective mentality to change.  

I hear ya and hope so also. Would love to see more actual baseball than just homeruns and strikeouts. Especially for the Orioles 

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

I blinked and missed the top of the first!

Maybe MLB decided to just skip Oriole at bats all together to try and speed up games.

Although that would probably only shorten the game by a few minutes lol 

Edited by BayAreaBmore

9 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

I hear ya and hope so also. Would love to see more actual baseball than just homeruns and strikeouts. Especially for the Orioles 

I first started hearing about the lack of balls in play a couple years ago.

It is a big problem.

I was thinking about this yesterday as I watched a couple games that had a bunch of run scoring doubles. 

It was nice. 

Balls bouncing, players running around ... throws ... slides.

16 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Davis should not be batting behind Machado. At this point, he should be batting behind Caleb. 

Complete black hole in the middle of lineup. Time for Stubborn Buck to go

2 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Complete black hole in the middle of lineup. Time for Stubborn Buck to go

Davis can't even hit for power now.  They just showed a stat on TV he has zero extra base hits in last 45ABs!!!   I also saw his overall average exit velocity on his batted balls in play this year was down to 86MPH.  Was like 92 or 93  2 years ago.  Complete melt down.

30 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Davis can't even hit for power now.  They just showed a stat on TV he has zero extra base hits in last 45ABs!!!   I also saw his overall average exit velocity on his batted balls in play this year was down to 86MPH.  Was like 92 or 93  2 years ago.  Complete melt down.

Absolutely pathetic.  And we have him for what another five years?? What a joke 

13 hours ago, jamesdean said:

I thought KC's run a few years ago signalled that shift was on its way. Sadly, the lesson was not applied. That kind of baseball is too slow I guess. I miss it.

1 hour ago, Struds said:

I thought KC's run a few years ago signalled that shift was on its way. Sadly, the lesson was not applied. That kind of baseball is too slow I guess. I miss it.

What I miss about it most is that when someone DID hit a homerun, the excitement and impact seemed so much more tangible.  Today's game is over kill.  And it's so much more predictable and boring to me.  Watching the Orioles must be tantamount to some kind of visual torture.  I don't subject myself to it but for those that do, you have my sympathy.  

I don't subject myself to it but for those that do, you have my sympathy.  

It's to the point where the comedy has taken over,

Is Felix Pie still playing in Korea?

Remember when Mancini was a bad outfielder who could hit?

Here's his current slash line: 

.252 .324 .382

Yikes.

This is the worst team I've ever seen!

Posted (edited)

This is the game we turn it all around. The future is bright!!!

Edited by pitbull

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, pitbull said:

This is the game we turn it all around. The future is bright!!!

It all turned around with that HUGE that sac fly in the ninth last night ... Ten runs down! :lol:

Edited by Mr. Buzzcut

Big Dan’s offense is at it again tonite! They are afire!!!

Posted (edited)

This team needs a break ...

Davis, inexplicably, goes on a hot streak a la his glory days in 2015, and the O's can somehow unload him at the deadline, picking up 50% of his salary, to a team that needs a (very occasional) power threat and decent 1B. In exchange, we get a new tarp for rain delays and a H.L. Mencken automaton programmed to lambaste the O's at the Sage's most sardonic best, to be placed in CF in lieu of fireworks and animated whenever the O's make a bonehead play. (Trade would obviously have to include a generous maintenance plan.)  

But if that were to happen, of course, the PTB would say, "we got the 2015 vintage Crusher back! Can't trade him now! WC, here we come!"

Edited by catatonia

Brad Brach with a four pitch leadoff walk.

Schoop can’t handle a routine double play toss from Valencia.

It ain’t over yet!!!

I hate bunting.  

Royals just gave away an at bat.