Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AugusteDupin

More reasons why the city is an absolute failure...

108 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

McKenstry replaced as chair, but still on the oversight board  

http://wbaltv.com/article/police-oversight-panel-chair-replaced-after-traffic-stop-video-goes-viral/20196649?src=app

McKenstry: “....When it comes down to those types of encounters, that video and the way that it's being shown -- and there is more to the story, there's more video than what's being shown and we'll address that at a given time.”

He apologizes with a “but.”  How much more video could there be...we saw from the very second the cop approached the car. 

He should be gone from the board completely. 

What was that? I thought I heard a card deck shuffling.....wonder when the race card gets slapped down. And not the a-hole card that should. 

And I agree....he should be GONE...LIKE YESTERDAY. 

Edited by Guido2

Dollar to a donut that his citations will be dropped. “Rev” McKenstry is just as much of a problem as rouge officers. He is no better or worse. 

This is a perfect example of what happens when an arrogant arsehole gets a little authority ... he goes the "do you know who I am" route. This time, however, the cop cam tells the story and Mayor Pugh should remove McKenstry from the board immediately. He has already destroyed any chance of working with the BPD.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Manny said:

Dollar to a donut that his citations will be dropped. “Rev” McKenstry is just as much of a problem as rouge officers. He is no better or worse. 

IMHO....I don't think he as big a problem as corrupt and abusive cops. 

However, IMHO I think he is a problem because 'he feeds the beast'. While he should be neutral or leaning a little left...which is fine. It is more than obvious that he is as Pogo said 'We have seen the enemy....and he is us'. 

He....loudly demonstrated EXACTLY what cops have to deal with day in and day out. Logically, especially taking into consideration his leadership :rolleyes: position...one would think he should follow the rules.

As was pointed out.....he was asked 60 times....but NOOOOOOooooooo....he had to cop an attitude. 

He comes across as a loud mouth disrespectful a-hole ...exactly what ...unfortunately...most of the world sees some in the city of Baltimore as making up most of the populace.

Image is everything.

smh

Edited by Guido2

6 minutes ago, retired said:

This is a perfect example of what happens when an arrogant arsehole gets a little authority ... he goes the "do you know who I am" route. This time, however, the cop cam tells the story and Mayor Pugh should remove McKenstry from the board immediately. He has already destroyed any chance of working with the BPD.

I AM ABSOLUTELY SURE.....the spinners will try to portray the cops as hounding and harassing him....especially since the stop occurred in close time frames with the completing of a board meeting. 

You watch....harassment by bigoted white corrupt cops....will be the headline. 

8 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

IMHO....I don't think he as big a problem as corrupt and abusive cops. 

However, IMHO I think he is a problem because 'he feeds the beast'. While he should be neutral or leaning a little left...which is fine. It is more than obvious that he is as Pogo said 'We have seen the enemy....and he is us'. 

He....loudly demonstrated EXACTLY what cops have to deal with day in and day out. Logically, especially taking into consideration his leadership :rolleyes: position...one would think he should follow the rules.

As was pointed out.....he was asked 60 times....but NOOOOOOooooooo....he had to cop an attitude. 

He comes across as a loud mouth disrespectful a-hole ...exactly what ...unfortunately...most of the world sees some in the city of Baltimore as making up most of the populace.

Image is everything.

smh

You could also think he was trying to bait the cop into doing something like cuffing him. Then he could take it to the next meeting to use as an example.

Didn't work this time.

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

You could also think he was trying to bait the cop into doing something like cuffing him. Then he could take it to the next meeting to use as an example.

Didn't work this time.

Seems the cops felt the same way...from the article.

“I gave him two chances to drive off,” he says. “And then when I did conduct the traffic stop, I gave him multiple chances just to give me his license and registration so that he could have a contact receipt and that I could advise him of the offense that he committed and he could leave. He didn’t want to do any of that. He wants to instigate a problem.”

He should be removed from the commission, but in a Democrat world, his actions were perfectly justified. Again I doubt he will have to pay any price for his actions, including the costs of the citations.

51 minutes ago, Manny said:

He should be removed from the commission, but in a Democrat world, his actions were perfectly justified. Again I doubt he will have to pay any price for his actions, including the costs of the citations.

I hate to say it....but you are probably correct. He has been removed from chair...but still is on the committee.

And to be very candid....if I were any of the officers involved....I would be cleaning up my resume and getting out of Dodge....because under this 'cloud' of what is not right and what is not wrong.....well IMHO...his/their advancement just hit a brick wall.  For DOING HIS JOB...AND ACCORDING TO AND MORE THAN SPECS. 

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

I hate to say it....but you are probably correct. He has been removed from chair...but still is on the committee.

And to be very candid....if I were any of the officers involved....I would be cleaning up my resume and getting out of Dodge....because under this 'cloud' of what is not right and what is not wrong.....well IMHO...his/their advancement just hit a brick wall.  For DOING HIS JOB...AND ACCORDING TO AND MORE THAN SPECS. 

Nonsense. Why should any of the cops get “outta Dodge?”

The cops were completely in the right...and cordial and should be applauded.  McKenstry was clearly wrong and is an idiot. 

2 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

The cops were completely in the right...and cordial and should be applauded.  McKenstry was clearly wrong and is an idiot. 

ABSOLUTELY 100% TOTALLY AGREE YOU ARE RIGHT ETC ETC.

But that is not how the world works. At least the world I have experienced.

You can be absolutely correct on paper....but you are screwed. 

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

ABSOLUTELY 100% TOTALLY AGREE YOU ARE RIGHT ETC ETC.

But that is not how the world works. At least the world I have experienced.

You can be absolutely correct on paper....but you are screwed. 

It’s not on paper. It’s on video...on the news and internet. 

It’s McKenstry’s downfall, not the BPD. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Marshan Man said:

If it were business as usual he would’ve gotten his head bashed in and charged with some faux crime. 

Good Sir,
I worked in one of what I thought was the roughest Districts (NWD) and honestly that never happened. It could be that the Officers I worked with didn't tolerate such actions, or that I never saw it, but it did not happen.

Oh, true story though..

I gave a guy a ticket for running a stop sign and in court, he told the Judge that I had yanked him from the car and smacked him around. (HONEST, I only remember giving him a ticket). The Judge (B/W) asked if he was sure it was me and the driver/defendant said YES!!! The Judge thought for a second, looked at the driver, looked at me, and said "No, Not that Officer"
   Partially I am proud of my reputation but partially I was embarrassed that the Judge automatically knew of my professionalism!

The sad thing about that is that there are those City Judges who would have gotten right on the phone to IAD because of a disgruntled driver who was upset about his ticket.

20 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Pink...

The Consent Decree was made primarily on the word of disgruntled citizens like this giving here-say about HOW THEY FELT!

Yes the Police were in the right and you had better believe that McK and his followers are going to run the Cops into the ground for being 'in the right.'

14 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It’s not on paper. It’s on video...on the news and internet. 

It’s McKenstry’s downfall, not the BPD. 

Paper= the other media you mentioned 

37 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

True, but this blasphemous Reverend has the support of the Democratic leadership. Otherwise they would have loudly asked for his resignation by now. He is considered reasonable in their wacky play book. 

Don't forget that without the body camera, the Officer would already be up on charges!!!

Of course, in spite of absolute evidence showing that the Officer was in the right, the Command Staff could still pull a "Right Said Fred"* and fire him anyway.

* Named for Commissioner B who trumped up an administrative charge and used it to FIRE an honest Cop!

Posted (edited)

And...AND......AND

More importantly ...where are the 'they can do no wrong' from 'the other side'. The ones that hammer the police at the drop of a hat. 

So far all I see are people that generally support the police. 

Hmmmm I wonder why?  :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Embarrassed I guess.... the truth does that;

Edited by Guido2

I have to think the Sgt knew who McKenstry was, maybe not immediately, but soon after he approached the car. He asked for lic & reg 60 times. No way would that have happened with anyone else, black or white. 

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

I have to think the Sgt knew who McKenstry was, maybe not immediately, but soon after he approached the car. He asked for lic & reg 60 times. No way would that have happened with anyone else, black or white. 

Exactly. 

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

That sounds like an excuse to me. Are you suggesting that this interaction was "staged"? What makes you believe that this Sgt. knew who he was dealing with? Do you believe that members of this consent decree committee were introduced to every member of the department? With tensions blaring the way they are, do you honestly believe that members of the department actually care who the members of this consent decree committee are let alone care to remember what they look like? 

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

That sounds like an excuse to me. Are you suggesting that this interaction was "staged"? What makes you believe that this Sgt. knew who he was dealing with? Do you believe that members of this consent decree committee were introduced to every member of the department? With tensions blaring the way they are, do you honestly believe that members of the department actually care who the members of this consent decree committee are let alone care to remember what they look like?

Excuse?? Staged? That’s an odd term to use. No, of course I don’t think it was staged. But, I can’t see any cop giving anyone 60 requests for license and registration. 

However, I’m sure some of the members of the dept may know who is on the board, may know who the chair is...and was going to let that chair freely make a fool of himself on video. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

i agree that the cop had to know who mr mckenstry was, there is just no way a city cop wouldve asked for lic and reg 60 times.  after about the 6th a regular citizen wouldve been pounded down into the dirt and arrested

Posted (edited)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-mckenstry-resigns-20180506-story.html#nws=true

The chairman of the panel tasked with approving civilian oversight of the

Baltimore Police Department has resigned from that position after an article that appeared in The Baltimore Sun showed him clashing with a police officer during a tense traffic stop last month.

Marvin McKenstry will resign as chair of the Community Oversight Task Force, and Ray Kelly will take his place, according to the group’s Facebook post.

Good

Edited by Baltimatt

A few months back I was pulled over on I-70 in Carroll County by a state trooper. When asked for my license and registration I immediately complied, not knowing exactly what he might cite me for (but most likely speed). He checked me out, came back, gave my documents back to me, and gave me a warning for going 80 in a 65 mile zone (I was keeping pace with other traffic, but that's no excuse).

I am quite sure that if I had argued about giving the trooper my license and registration even once (much less multiple times) instead of a warning I would have gotten a citation with a hefty fine and a few points. 

When it comes to traffic stops like that I take my advice from the Borg - Comply - Resistance is futile. :P