Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Matt Harvey is available

8 posts in this topic

A week or two ago, I joked he’d be available. Didn’t realize it’d be this soon!

Harvey's not even an upgrade over Tillman at this point. Plus, the drama associated with him isn't going to play well on a last-place team.

Just read an article in the Sun. The three highest ERAs for pitchers who have thrown at least 100 innings since the start of 2017 are Tillman, UJ and...Matt Harvey. Sadly, he'd fit right in.

1 hour ago, Struds said:

Just read an article in the Sun. The three highest ERAs for pitchers who have thrown at least 100 innings since the start of 2017 are Tillman, UJ and...Matt Harvey. Sadly, he'd fit right in.

I feel particularly bad for Harvey because unlike Tillman or Ubaldo, he had electric, overpowering stuff when he first came up.  Everyone was pegging him to be the reincarnation of Tom Seaver and for a while, it looked like he was on that road to greatness.  It's obvious he never fully recovered from his injuries and neither has Tillman.  Both could very well be out of baseball in another year or two. 

The Reds took Harvey off NY’s hands

We wasted a waiver claim on the useless Jace Peterson. Now plenty of other teams have first shot at subsequent players on the wire. It’s irrelevant this time because the Mets traded for Harvey. 

Here is the thing most are missing.  The Mets cut bait here.  Harvey was 0-2, 7.00 ERA and a 1.56 WHIP.  And he is gone!!!   Buck is too stubborn and too stupid to cut Tillman who has been far worse!!!!   1-5, 10 ERA and a WHIP well over 2.  That's the story here of your incompetent manager and FO.  And Buck sees fit to start Tilly tomorrow!!!   Sorry, call them like I see them.  Buck is  a moron.  No one can convince me that David Hess wouldn't be a better option from AAA..  So that idiotic excuse of 'who else"  is garbage.