Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slidemaster

The race is ON!

42 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, pitbull said:

I’m still pissed that we only had one hit after the third inning in that contest. But fans don’t seem to remember that simple fact about our one-dimensional offense.

He brought in the one guy that nobody else would in a playoff game 

explain 

9 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

explain 

?????

Do you remember our listless offensive performance in that Playoff game? Yes or no.

36 minutes ago, pitbull said:

I’m still pissed that we only had one hit after the third inning in that contest. But fans don’t seem to remember that simple fact about our one-dimensional offense.

Tony Gwynn and Wade Boggs could have NEVER played for the O's. 

19 minutes ago, pitbull said:

?????

Do you remember our listless offensive performance in that Playoff game? Yes or no.

Sure do 

got us a 2-1 lead 

Buck stayed with Tillman a batter toooo long as usual 

Buck went with Ubaldo instead of Britton 

DD was watching from that restaurant in CF

2 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sure do 

got us a 2-1 lead 

Buck stayed with Tillman a batter toooo long as usual 

From what I recall, the early 2-1 lead came via an early Trumbo home run. Then nothing.

And Tillman only pitched five innings, from what I recall, so not sure how that is leaving him in too long.

4 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

explain 

Perhaps, but the fact is the Orioles' offense did absolutely nothing outside of the Trumbo homerun. Britton or no Britton, they still would have had to score another run to win that game, which might have taken until Thanksgiving the way things were going.

7 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Perhaps, but the fact is the Orioles' offense did absolutely nothing outside of the Trumbo homerun. Britton or no Britton, they still would have had to score another run to win that game, which might have taken until Thanksgiving the way things were going.

Agreed 

This is a lineup that Buck and Brady have assembled 

13 hours ago, pitbull said:

And now I'm going to respond to you, the way you respond to others.

?????????

So you think it was a good idea to bring UJ into the game at that moment, when Britton was still available?  

Posted (edited)

I respond with questions marks when: (1) the question is unclear, (2) the question or response makes no sense or (3) the question or remark is out of context or has no context & doesn’t warrant a response.

Perhaps you can read minds and undersand everything that’s typed here. 

And to specifically answer your question, I have been on record stating (multiple times)that Ubaldo had no business being on the playoff roster. Period.

Now, back to my statement. You agree that our offense is & has remained one-dimensional (one hit after Trumbo’s home run in that contest) and Big Dan has done nothing to fix it, correct?

Edited by pitbull

13 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

8 minutes ago, pitbull said:

I respond with questions marks when: (1) the question is unclear, (2) the question or response makes no sense or (3) the question or remark is out of context or has no context & doesn’t warrant a response.

Perhaps you can read minds and undersand everything that’s typed here. 

And to specifically answer your question, I have been on record stating (multiple times)that Ubaldo had no business being on the playoff roster. Period.

Now, back to my statement. You agree that our offense is & has remained one-dimensional (one hit after Trumbo’s home run in that contest) and Big Dan has done nothing to fix it, correct?

I absolutely agree that the 1 dimensional offense was a problem then, and has been ever since. And as his authority seems to have been stripped after the 2014 season, it certainly appears that DD was not allowed to fix it. And that it where our opinions divide. You see DD as the ultimate authority in player acquisition, and place the responsibility for this roster, squarely on his shoulders. I disagree.

1 hour ago, weird-O said:

I absolutely agree that the 1 dimensional offense was a problem then, and has been ever since. And as his authority seems to have been stripped after the 2014 season, it certainly appears that DD was not allowed to fix it. And that it where our opinions divide. You see DD as the ultimate authority in player acquisition, and place the responsibility for this roster, squarely on his shoulders. I disagree.

DD didn’t do anything to retain the 2014 division championship. He deserved to be stripped of his duties. 

Posted (edited)

The offensive ineptitude was worse than I thought in that 2016 play-in game. O’s were hitless in their final SEVENTEEN plate appearances.

Edited by pitbull

Posted (edited)

What’s sad is they don’t even have a one dimensional offense now. They have a non-existent, without dimensions offense.  

Edited by BayAreaBmore

26 minutes ago, pitbull said:

DD didn’t do anything to retain the 2014 division championship. He deserved to be stripped of his duties. 

Just to be sure I'm following your logic. DD is shelved, early in the off season between 2014 and 2015. And you think that is deserving, because he didn't make any trades or FA acquisitions after he was iced. 

Just in case anyone needs a refresher on the important MLB business dates of that winter, here they are

Oct 29th: The Giants clinched their WS championship. 
Nov 4th: The exclusive negotiation window ends, qualifying offers must be formally given, and free agency begins.
Dec 7th: Rosenthal tweets that DD is the top candidate to be the new CEO for Toronto.

Let's go with the supposition that Toronto extended the offer to DD and simultaneously told KR to tweet about it, both on 12/7. That would mean that DD had less than 5 weeks from the point that the free agency market opened, and the day Pete told him to take a knee. That would mean that you expected DD to rebuild the 2015 O's in 33 days. And that's if Pete didn't know about the offer until the day KR tweeted about it. Which is unlikely, since Toronto would have had to have contacted Pete before extending an offer to DD.

So, again, you're saying DD should have rebuilt the 2015 O's in 33 days or less, correct?  

The players don't seem to be too interested in Slide's lame assed pitiful race

1 hour ago, JoyinMudville said:

The players don't seem to be too interested in Slide's lame assed pitiful race

This is just a momentary bump.  I believe in this team!