SemiAuto

The Iran deal is over.

412 posts in this topic

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday the U.S. will pull out of the landmark nuclear accord with Iran, dealing a profound blow to U.S. allies and potentially deepening the president’s isolation on the world stage.

source

Sort of over:

Under the most likely scenario, Trump would allow sanctions on Iran’s central bank — intended to target oil exports — to kick back in, rather than waiving them once again on Saturday, the next deadline for renewal, said individuals briefed on Trump’s deliberations. Then the administration would give those who are doing business with Iran a six-month period to wind down business and avoid breaching those sanctions.

Depending on how Trump sells it — either as an irreversible U.S. pullout, or one final chance to save it — the deal could be strengthened during those six months in a last-ditch effort to persuade Trump to change his mind. The first 15 months of Trump’s presidency have been filled with many such “last chances” for the Iran deal in which he’s punted the decision for another few months, and then another.

Posted (edited)

Not yet over

Edited by soulflower

He's going down and he wants to take everyone with him.

13 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

He's going down and he wants to take everyone with him.

Remember the $150B Iran got back? Seems they are using it to get ready to attack Israel from Syria. But I guess you haven't been keeping up with that hot issue.

5 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Remember the $150B Iran got back? Seems they are using it to get ready to attack Israel from Syria. But I guess you haven't been keeping up with that hot issue.

Yes. What a great talking point. I congratulate you for passing it along. All the staff at Fox News thank you. :)

2 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

Yes. What a great talking point. I congratulate you for passing it along. All the staff at Fox News thank you. :)

Actually that point was brought up on CNN during the discussion about Trump getting ready to cancel the Iranian nuke deal. But you don't watch the news so how would you know that?

12 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Link? I hadn’t seen that

13 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

They didn’t get 150 billion from the US

Good. How many times does the "international community" have to be suckered by these fanatics before they realize they can't be believed. How stupid is it to sign an agreement that does not allow full transparency? It's like telling the cops, "I've gotten rid of all my guns. If you give me some cash, you can search my house. You may search the whole house, except in the room with the gun safe. Sign right here officer".

2 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Actually that point was brought up on CNN during the discussion about Trump getting ready to cancel the Iranian nuke deal. But you don't watch the news so how would you know that?

I have a father-in-law who watches Fox News 24/7. It is always on when we visit. And he mentions the same stuff you do. In fact, you are like his echo.

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

They didn’t get 150 billion from the US

Everyone knows that but it is a talking point passed on by those who constantly watch Fox News. For some reason they won't admit it though.

Just now, NCBirdfan said:

I have a father-in-law who watches Fox News 24/7. It is always on when we visit. And he mentions the same stuff you do. In fact, you are like his echo.

:lol:

Just now, mrdeltoid said:

:lol:

And we get along...imagine that.

Americans wouldn't be so gung-ho in crying out for attacking Iran on Israel's behalf if they weren't 7000 miles away from the action and their military wasn't buffering them. you sure do have a load of agressive cowards over there.

As long as the Israelis have 100 to 300 "secret" nuclear weapons , we  have no right to tell Iran what to do . 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, soulflower said:
In assets they received more than that. The Obama administration claimed they would only get about $50B, after it was learned of the $400M that was sent to Iran in cash.

The $400 million was Iran's to start with, placed into a US-based trust fund to support American military equipment purchases in the 1970s. When the Shah was ousted by a 1979 popular uprising that led to the creation of the Islamic Republic, the US froze the trust fund. Iran has been fighting for a return of the funds through international courts since 1981. 
In announcing the agreement, Obama said that paying the $400 million -- plus $1.3 billion in interest -- was saving American taxpayers billions of dollars. The Iranians had been seeking more than $10 billion at arbitration.
"For the United States, this settlement saved us billions of dollars that could have been pursued by Iran," Obama said in January. "There was no benefit to the United States in dragging this out."
As it was making the January cash delivery, the US also imposed new sanctions on Iran over its ballistic missile testing. At the same time, the White House unfroze a larger pool of Iranian assets, estimated at $100 to $150 billion, as part of the nuclear deal, though administration officials cautioned that Iran would only pocket about $50 billion after legal claims.
Edited by flyboy56

3 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

And we get along...imagine that.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall at THAT thanksgiving dinner. Of course we can disagree on politics while having a good relationship. The "father-in-law thing is so ironic.:lol:

6 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Americans wouldn't be so gung-ho in crying out for attacking Iran on Israel's behalf if they weren't 7000 miles away from the action and their military wasn't buffering them. you sure do have a load of agressive cowards over there.

This is Israel who wants Iran away from their border. Israel has been attacking Iranian bases in Syria for some time now. 

6 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Who said anything about attacking Iran?

4 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:
In assets they received more than that. The Obama administration claimed they would only get about $50B, after it was learned of the $400M that was sent to Iran in cash.

The $400 million was Iran's to start with, placed into a US-based trust fund to support American military equipment purchases in the 1970s. When the Shah was ousted by a 1979 popular uprising that led to the creation of the Islamic Republic, the US froze the trust fund. Iran has been fighting for a return of the funds through international courts since 1981. 
In announcing the agreement, Obama said that paying the $400 million -- plus $1.3 billion in interest -- was saving American taxpayers billions of dollars. The Iranians had been seeking more than $10 billion at arbitration.
"For the United States, this settlement saved us billions of dollars that could have been pursued by Iran," Obama said in January. "There was no benefit to the United States in dragging this out."
As it was making the January cash delivery, the US also imposed new sanctions on Iran over its ballistic missile testing. At the same time, the White House unfroze a larger pool of Iranian assets, estimated at $100 to $150 billion, as part of the nuclear deal, though administration officials cautioned that Iran would only pocket about $50 billion after legal claims.

Iran claims its $150 billion in assets owed to them.

But there’s no evidence that the US gave Iran anywhere near that amount

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

Who said anything about attacking Iran?

That is what Israel want's the US to do ...

46 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Where’s your link?