Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Baltimore hits 100 homicides at second-fastest rate in decade

69 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bmore_ken said:

Just wanted to make sure Eastside could see it. 

Ken you can't deny saying only bad folk are getting killed and then gloat about being right about it on the same thread .....

Still have the older gentleman and the fine 17 yo young man killed last week so i wouldnt celebrate too hard if i was you.....

57 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

And this.................yup ....this is working -_-

The recent burst of violence comes a few days before local anti-violence activists plan to launch another ceasefire aimed at stanching the killings. The ceasefire, scheduled to run Friday through Sunday, centers around a straightforward rallying cry: Nobody kill anybody.

Maybe they should have a cease fire every day. I mean if it's a cease fire they won't shoot, right?? 

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

And his 3rd grade picture .....

True story! 

Should a mother not mourn her son?

Yeah she could have been more involved with her son's life, lead him along a better path, but bottom line is her son is dead and ya'll are mocking it.

Pathetic.

4 hours ago, SpiceGIrl said:

For comparison, Portland (OR) has a population of 639,000. 

Only 12 people were shot to death in 2017.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2018/01/portlands_2017_homicides.html

It's not where people live as much as it how people live.  Actions have consequences.   

Demographics and parents matter. 

57 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Yeah she could have been more involved with her son's life, lead him along a better path, but bottom line is her son is dead and ya'll are mocking it.

Pathetic.

Talking about it and mocking the victims of gun violence on a message board is a much more effective means of stopping it. 

1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

Ken you can't deny saying only bad folk are getting killed and then gloat about being right about it on the same thread .....

Yes I can. I’ve always stated that the majority of Baltimore murder are criminals killing other criminals and I’ve posted links supporting that position. I’m not gloating about anything other than pointing out the fact (which you’ll of course deny) you thought both of these murders were innocent people. 

5 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Do the math.  It's much lower in  Albuquerque.  I just wanted to present the respective population numbers.

And?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Pathetic.

Yes, without a doubt.  I didn't mean to imply that she shouldn't, her pain must be unbearable.  

I'm tired of seeing the grieving family getting on the news and telling us what a great person they were, yada yada yada. When in reality they were involved in a lifestyle that was not productive and sometimes has these consequences.  Maybe he would have had a different outcome if he had a different upbringing, I would imagine that is a tough pill for any mother to swallow. 

Edited by Cowboyz

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Talking about it and mocking the victims of gun violence on a message board is a much more effective means of stopping it. 

I think this 16 yr old was a victim of lifestyle resulting in gun violence. 

18 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

Yes, without a doubt.  I didn't mean to imply that she shouldn't, her pain must be unbearable.  

I'm tired of seeing the grieving family getting on the news and telling us what a great person they were, yada yada yada. When in reality they were involved in a lifestyle that was not productive and sometimes has these consequences.  Maybe he would have had a different outcome if he had a different upbringing, I would imagine that is a tough pill for any mother to swallow. 

Has this mother done this yet? I don't get Bmore news in my neck of the woods so I don't know if she has or hasn't. Not that that would matter to you all.

43 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

And?

Knowing the number of homicides in a place doesn't mean as much without knowing the population of the place.  I was just adding some additional information so that posters could make a better determination of the relative rates in the two cities.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to dog me.

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Yes I can. I’ve always stated that the majority of Baltimore murder are criminals killing other criminals and I’ve posted links supporting that position. I’m not gloating about anything other than pointing out the fact (which you’ll of course deny) you thought both of these murders were innocent people. 

I've never denied that many, if not most of the shooting victims has some type of criminal record.....

I've always maintained that human life is human life and dealing drugs or some other minor offense doesn't deserve a death sentence and I won't celebrate somebody's son or father's murder .....

The other irony here is many of these victims wouldn't have criminal records if drugs were legal as we both support or if young black men weren't locked up unfairly in disaportionate numbers as many claim .....

Not saying i grieve when killers and other monsters are killed, but the majority of these victims are that.....

22 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Knowing the number of homicides in a place doesn't mean as much without knowing the population of the place.  I was just adding some additional information so that posters could make a better determination of the relative rates in the two cities.  I'm not sure why you feel the need to dog me.

I don't know why you feel the need to feel dogged. I just asked for an explanation as to why you thought your comment was important. You explained. Done.

48 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

People are complex. Lifestyles don’t always explain people’s hearts. Hell, people are saying Trump should win a nobel peace prize and as far as I can tell he’s a horrible evil person. 

3 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Pathetic.

Yeah, more involved. Maybe should have been like the mother that slapped he son around for joining the riots.

Not all parents of criminals and monsters are failures as parents. Sometimes evil is just evil.

36 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Has this mother done this yet? I don't get Bmore news in my neck of the woods so I don't know if she has or hasn't. Not that that would matter to you all.

You post on here, read on here and could read the newspaper. Didn't you comment one time you live in Carroll County.? You can get the local news there.

6 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

People are complex. Lifestyles don’t always explain people’s hearts. Hell, people are saying Trump should win a nobel peace prize and as far as I can tell he’s a horrible evil person. 

Nice slide in ......

1 minute ago, stevez51 said:

Nice slide in ......

You like evil people like Trump. 

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

You like evil people like Trump. 

I do ..???

11 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

You post on here, read on here and could read the newspaper. Didn't you comment one time you live in Carroll County.? You can get the local news there.

Nope. Thought you knew me better than that. I live in Fred Co and have DirecTV which pipes in DC news.

1 minute ago, Pickle20 said:

Nope. Thought you knew me better than that. I live in Fred Co and have DirecTV which pipes in DC news.

Didn't read you mention that, thought it was Carroll. You can still get the paper on here. Last offer was 1.00 a month for 6 months.

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Didn't read you mention that, thought it was Carroll. You can still get the paper on here. Last offer was 1.00 a month for 6 months.

Nah, I read it on line.