Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpiceGIrl

Kevin Kamenetz dead at 60

52 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ODENTON said:

Live life to it’s fullest.....you just never know. Condolences to family and friends. 

'The Truth'.

RIP KK.

3 hours ago, Papi said:

Condolences to his family. 60 years old is way too young to go. Very sad that two sons aged 16 and 14 lose a dad like that. 

That’s exactly who I thought about. The video of him last night smiling with his family at Bowie University was so poetic in retrospect. May his soul rest in eternal peace.

2 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

That’s what happened to my husband in Aug. He said he “felt weird,” sat down and passed out. I immediately called 911 and started compressions. It was a blocked coronary artery. He’s fine now, but it was scary as hell for awhile. 

The same thing happened to a friend, who just “felt ill” and took a nap. He never woke up. He was only 53. 

Glad to hear your husband is doing well, it is very scary!! 

30 minutes ago, Cowboyz said:

Glad to hear your husband is doing well, it is very scary!! 

Thanks Cowboyz.

I don’t understand why so much time and miles transpired for Kamenetz. He called 911 at 2am, but then was at the fire station and then taken to St Joe’s?  I wonder if getting to the ER sooner would have saved him? 

Just awfully sad for his family. 

49 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Thanks Cowboyz.

I don’t understand why so much time and miles transpired for Kamenetz. He called 911 at 2am, but then was at the fire station and then taken to St Joe’s?  I wonder if getting to the ER sooner would have saved him? 

Just awfully sad for his family. 

I watched part of the briefing and it sounded like he called 911 from in front of the fire station.  No one at the briefing knew if he lived close to the fire station, or of his wife was driving him to the hospital and they stopped at the fire house because he was getting worse.  The two people at the fire station had to use the defibrillator several times and got his heart beating again, before the ambulance eventually arrived that would take him to St. Josephs.  I wonder why they took him there when Northeast is closer to Owings Mills?  Sad.

RIP Kevin, and condolences to the family.

From what I heard, he lived 2 miles from the firehouse and his wife drove him there. He collapsed there and they tried the defibrillator on him to get his heart going. They got it going but it stopped again during transport. He was gone before he arrived at the hospital. That was from the press conference.

Its sad for his 2 children.

It’s sad when you think that we were shocked and dismayed when we heard the news this morning, we discussed it briefly in the afternoon...and by evening it’s life, and the news, goes on. 

Except, for his family it’s the worst day ever and nothing will ever be the same again. 

26 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

It’s sad when you think that we were shocked and dismayed when we heard the news this morning, we discussed it briefly in the afternoon...and by evening it’s life, and the news, goes on. 

Except, for his family it’s the worst day ever and nothing will ever be the same again. 

That’s the way we all go.  Family and friends cry.  A few close mourn.  And life goes on.  

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-kamenetz-funeral-20180510-story.html

Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz will be buried Friday afternoon following his sudden death early Thursday.  Kamenetz died of cardiac arrest, officials said; the Democratic gubernatorial candidate was 60.

His funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at the Baltimore Hebrew Congregation, 7410 Park Heights Ave., in Northwest Baltimore.  A burial will follow the service at Baltimore Hebrew Cemetery, 318 Berrymans Lane in Reisterstown.

Sad to have seen this today.

The thing is when you get to my age, mid 60's and you see or hear abt someone else buying the farm just right at 60 who by most indications Was in good health, it Scares ya!

I've seen a couple of my Grandparents make it to their 90's but it wasn't pretty. Other Aunts & Uncles have gone in their 70's and 80's from various maladies.

The Gals most definitely hang around Longer than us Guys for the most part. So take That you Women's Libbers and such. Don't come crying to Me about stuff!

You realize that anything can just hit you anytime from the 60's on. As the saying goes:

"This Getting Old stuff Ain't for Sissies!"

or on the Lighter Side:

"Hell I could Go tomorrow, I hope so, I haven't Gone Today yet!" - Rodney Dangerfield

11 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Life does go on. How long should people who did not personally know the man mourn for him?  Same goes for most people when they leave this earth. People who are not personally involved express their condolences and move on; people with connections to the family will be there to support them.  No one's family is ever the same again when a loved one passes.

Sort of an aside. As it has been pointed out men tend to die way before women....regardless of what the stats say. 

And here something that I have observed...as I approach 65 and my wife 70. 

My wife has many long deep rooted friendships multiple decades long. I well I have 'friends' but we don't chat everyday....maybe not even monthly. 

Unless it is some 'formal' thing like shooting at the range or a fishing trip...you don't generally see men picking up the phone and calling and asking how your day has been. 

On the other hand....I have noted women are just the opposite.

Maybe men somehow have imbedded in their genes that long term is not in your cards so why invest in that. Sort a fatalistic 'here today gone tomorrow' so why invest in it. I have been thinking about that for some time now.

Thoughts. .

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Sort of an aside. As it has been pointed out men tend to die way before women....regardless of what the stats say. 

My wife has many long deep rooted friendships multiple decades long. I well I have 'friends' but we don't chat everyday....maybe not even monthly. 

Unless it is some 'formal' thing like shooting at the range or a fishing trip...you don't generally see men picking up the phone and calling and asking how your day has been. 

Maybe men somehow have imbedded in their genes that long term is not in your cards so why invest in that. Sort a fatalistic 'here today gone tomorrow' so why invest in it. I have been thinking about that for some time now.

Thoughts. .

men communicate to exchange information

women communicate to bond

https://psychcentral.com/blog/6-ways-men-and-women-communicate-differently/

Edited by boink

17 minutes ago, boink said:
20 minutes ago, boink said:

Interesting article. I actually see a lot of myself and my wife of 30 years in it. 

She spends hours talking about ....say redesigning a room....all words ....pie in the sky....won't it be beautiful...look at this design ....how about this color...etc. 

Me, I got the pad out...drawing out plans....timelines and costs. But nothing to write down. Nothing to work on moving forward. Just ...blah blah...

And the room doesn't change.  :D Been that way for years. 

So now....like the classic sit-com....in the evening....while I am trying to relax....of course that is when she is all wound up with her 'idea' and wants to talk :rolleyes:. BTW I have been around the house all day (retired)

SSSSSOOOOOOooooooooooo....I sit ...node....drink my beer....and say 'Yup sure honey...when ever you are ready'. 

And ...as always....'This too shall pass' . :lol:

Posted (edited)

Very nice service. Great stories. Poignant. 

I’m not of the Jewish faith, but that was really nice...and personal. I like it. 

Edited by PinkFlamingo

4 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Very nice service. Great stories. Poignant. 

I’m not of the Jewish faith, but that was really nice...and personal. I like it. 

So I take it you attended?

That was a very thoughtful gesture.

Nice of you to do that. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

So I take it you attended?

That was a very thoughtful gesture.

Nice of you to do that. 

No, watched on tv. Just making a comment on what I saw.

Edited by PinkFlamingo

Yikes! I was away from news for a couple days and just heard about this. Shocking and sad!

It'll be interesting to see how this affects the race for governor.

I was never much of a fan of Kevin Kamenetz the politician.  But I was sorry to hear of his death and my thoughts go out to his wife and two boys.  I saw his wife's eulogy.  It was obvious she was still somewhat in shock.  But she made some interesting points.  She remarked several times about how busy he was.  She said they put off an anniversary trip until after the election and that everything was after the election.  She mentioned that he got little sleep and he was not eating well.  She even said that she told him, "Kevin, this election is killing you."  The stress and drive of trying to win an election can be tough.  For Kevin Kamenetz it may have been fatal.  RIP.  

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Thoughts. .

As SF writer Larry Niven (Ringworld, The Mote in God's Eye .etc) has pointed out, Once you are past the age to produce offspring, Evolution is Done with you. From that point on you're just taking up space and energy. Maybe you can pass on some Information but that's about it.

Edited by Bartman

2 hours ago, Bartman said:

As SF writer Larry Niven (Ringworld, The Mote in God's Eye .etc) has pointed out, Once you are past the age to produce offspring, Evolution is Done with you. From that point on you're just taking up space and energy. Maybe you can pass on some Information but that's about it.

Thanks for the giggle.... I think.

Guess that is partially true.... however.... I think it should be added that 'when you retire and the government is no longer able to tax you ....THEN evolution is done with you. :lol:

2 hours ago, Bartman said:

If that were true then men would outlive women since men can still reproduce offspring into old age.

12 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

No, watched on tv. Just making a comment on what I saw.

Well regardless...it was very nice of you to take the time to do so. 

3 hours ago, Bartman said:

So we should just kill off those that can't or don't have kids at a young age, eh .....

Save a lot of resources for the others.....