Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Mosby challenger Bates has plan to break Baltimore's persistent violence

87 posts in this topic

Mosby deserves Baltimore and Baltimore deserves Mosby.  Anybody check if she's paying taxes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

LOLZ.  Do people really need to be told that it's not appropriate to make personal comments about another poster's family on here and that those kind of comments would be removed?  :P 

 

3 hours ago, bogart said:

Yes people have come back after being banned for that reason.:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sparky1 said:

Correct me if I am wrong.....but hasn't Baltimore and the state done pretty much the same thing as of late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 7:00 AM, Marshan Man said:

Ivan Bates isn’t black? I’m pretty sure he’s not female...  but if the voting populace can vote for a white man over a black woman before I don’t see why it would be so hard for us to vote for a black man now.  

Where’s the logic in your statement? Sounds like you base your evaluation on nothing but your own personal biases and prejudices. 

1

What garbage are you spewing? Are you replying to my post or someone else's? Are you not paying attention (as usual) to what's being said? Are you asking if Ivan Bates is black? If you don't know that Ivan Bates is black then youre more obtuse than I thought. And youre going to ask about my logic? SMH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AugusteDupin said:

What garbage are you spewing? Are you replying to my post or someone else's? Are you not paying attention (as usual) to what's being said? Are you asking if Ivan Bates is black? If you don't know that Ivan Bates is black then youre more obtuse than I thought. And youre going to ask about my logic? SMH

Are you ok??  You're the one that said people would vote for Mosby over Bates because she's black. They're both black. It's a wash. So yes, you displayed "illogic" and you're irrationally angry to boot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Are you ok??  You're the one that said people would vote for Mosby over Bates because she's black. They're both black. It's a wash. So yes, you displayed "illogic" and you're irrationally angry to boot.  

I'm fine, however, your illiteracy never ceases to amaze me! My point is that the populace in Baltimore would only vote for her because she is a black female (the words black and female are attributes). They don't care that she's inexperienced. Ivan Bates is an experienced trial attorney who has been on both sides of the fence and has successfully adjudicated cases. Get it now...or do I still need to dumb it down for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

I'm fine, however, your illiteracy never ceases to amaze me! My point is that the populace in Baltimore would only vote for her because she is a black female (the words black and female are attributes). They don't care that she's inexperienced. Ivan Bates is an experienced trial attorney who has been on both sides of the fence and has successfully adjudicated cases. Get it now...or do I still need to dumb it down for you? 

My illiteracy? Really?? Is that your standard insult for black folk? Sure seems like it...

Anyway... Ivan Bates is a black male. Mosby’s a black female. If a city has voted for a white male over a black female before why then would they not vote for a black male over a black female? Could other factors besides race and sex possibly play a role in how a city decides to vote? Or perhaps you’re assuming most think like you with racial and gender biases? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

My illiteracy? Really?? Is that your standard insult for black folk? Sure seems like it...

Anyway... Ivan Bates is a black male. Mosby’s a black female. If a city has voted for a white male over a black female before why then would they not vote for a black male over a black female? Could other factors besides race and sex possibly play a role in how a city decides to vote? Or perhaps you’re assuming most think like you with racial and gender biases? 

 

Actually, I think it is his comment on a person that doesn't have a clue....regardless of pigmentation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

My illiteracy? Really?? Is that your standard insult for black folk? Sure seems like it...

Anyway... Ivan Bates is a black male. Mosby’s a black female. If a city has voted for a white male over a black female before why then would they not vote for a black male over a black female? Could other factors besides race and sex possibly play a role in how a city decides to vote? Or perhaps you’re assuming most think like you with racial and gender biases? 

 

Ohhhhh yes without a doubt.

More studies than I could ever count have pretty much confirmed that people that look like them and act like them.

Now the look like them is a no brainer. However the 'act like them' is deeper. Now simple rationalization test; are you going to vote for someone that wants to tear down your lifestyle....or....are you going to vote for someone that not only looks like you....but....shares the preservation of a lifestyle?

Even you can figure that one out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhhhh yes without a doubt.

More studies than I could ever count have pretty much confirmed that people that look like them and act like them.

Now the look like them is a no brainer. However the 'act like them' is deeper. Now simple rationalization test; are you going to vote for someone that wants to tear down your lifestyle....or....are you going to vote for someone that not only looks like you....but....shares the preservation of a lifestyle?

Even you can figure that one out. 

So what happened when Jessamy lost to a white guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

My illiteracy? Really?? Is that your standard insult for black folk? Sure seems like it...

Anyway... Ivan Bates is a black male. Mosby’s a black female. If a city has voted for a white male over a black female before why then would they not vote for a black male over a black female? Could other factors besides race and sex possibly play a role in how a city decides to vote? Or perhaps you’re assuming most think like you with racial and gender biases? 

 

Well when I get the usual asinine questions, the usual standard responses will apply. You still don't get it (as expected). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhhhh yes without a doubt.

More studies than I could ever count have pretty much confirmed that people that look like them and act like them.

Now the look like them is a no brainer. However the 'act like them' is deeper. Now simple rationalization test; are you going to vote for someone that wants to tear down your lifestyle....or....are you going to vote for someone that not only looks like you....but....shares the preservation of a lifestyle?

Even you can figure that one out. 

Bernstein shared preservation of the lifestyle of inner city Baltimore residents? :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

So what happened when Jessamy lost to a white guy?

That my friend ....in the city of Baltimore....is called an anomaly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

Well when I get the usual asinine questions, the usual standard responses will apply. You still don't get it (as expected). 

There are a handful here.....that one may give thoughtful, fact based answers to ....on a topic....which are ignored. Then a similar topic comes up, you present part of your previous full response(es) to the present topic. 

And then they want a full an complete explanation similar to the one you may have repeated several times before....which they in theory have read....but definitely ignored or blow off. So you say I have answered that already.....and they say 'show me'. :huh:

Ahhhh no. 

It amazes me ...how many times have I presented my position on the NRA in these forums....and some just go brain dead....and act like you never posted such a comment. 

BUT   BUT....... Lord forbid if you call that type of poster he when it is a she...or visa versa.....and they get all bent out of shape......like you are supposed to have a profile of each of them i front of you at all times. 

Amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

That my friend ....in the city of Baltimore....is called an anomaly. 

How so? Has Baltimore City never elected a white guy before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

How so? Has Baltimore City never elected a white guy before?

Last one was MOM and he was a dem.......and you know how well that turned out....do you remember 'stop and frisk'? Definitely an interruption of life style. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guido2 said:

There are a handful here.....that one may give thoughtful, fact based answers to ....on a topic....which are ignored. Then a similar topic comes up, you present part of your previous full response(es) to the present topic. 

And then they want a full an complete explanation similar to the one you may have repeated several times before....which they in theory have read....but definitely ignored or blow off. So you say I have answered that already.....and they say 'show me'. :huh:

Ahhhh no. 

It amazes me ...how many times have I presented my position on the NRA in these forums....and some just go brain dead....and act like you never posted such a comment. 

BUT   BUT....... Lord forbid if you call that type of poster he when it is a she...or visa versa.....and they get all bent out of shape......like you are supposed to have a profile of each of them i front of you at all times. 

Amazing.

It doesn't surprise me anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 9:05 AM, bogart said:

Most of it's ignorant statements are nothing more than personal bias.  Mosby has more experience than anyone running and she will win again.

Experience? She has been abysmal the last four years. In fairness, she is an insurance attorney. This isn’t about getting a bumper fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Manny said:

Experience? She has been abysmal the last four years. In fairness, she is an insurance attorney. This isn’t about getting a bumper fixed. 

:D

She is a fine example of the Peter Principle in action IMO. 

Edited by Guido2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

:D

She is a fine example of the Peter Principle in action IMO. 

Nick is further example of that principle. Then again he failed miserably in trying to ride his wife’s name into the Mayor’s office. He would have been an absolute disaster as mayor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Manny said:

Nick is further example of that principle. Then again he failed miserably in trying to ride his wife’s name into the Mayor’s office. He would have been an absolute disaster as mayor. 

But I am sure the voters would have been ecstatic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guido2 said:

But I am sure the voters would have been ecstatic. 

Pugh and Dixon were most qualified candidates in last mayoral election. Let that sink in. Standards have been set low

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Manny said:

Pugh and Dixon were most qualified candidates in last mayoral election. Let that sink in. Standards have been set low

 

It’s almost as if *gulp* the residents of Baltimore deserve better candidates! 

Such a crazy thing to say!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Manny said:

Pugh and Dixon were most qualified candidates in last mayoral election. Let that sink in. Standards have been set low

 

Sunk in way way way before the city primaries for me. It is sad commentary when MOM as Mayor looks good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0