Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonzoliberal

The Facebook ad dump shows the true sophistication of Russia’s influence operation

70 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Yes and I've been asked not to follow them on Instagram and Snapchat

That's pretty common .....

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

It got so bad during the campaign that my grandsons no longer speak to their father (my oldest son).

You can laugh at that too.

That's sad, but not surprising.  You see it here all of the time.  I love the self-righteous people who like to claim anyone who voted for Trump is a moron.  They can't even begin to personally know even 1/100th of 1 percent of those people, yet they are all morons.  Same is true on the other side.  I know some Trump voters and they are quite intelligent.  They had their reasons for voting as they did.  I also know some Clinton voters and they are also quite intelligent.  They had their own reasons for voting the way they did.  I don't think any less of any of these people, they are all my friends and acquaintances, and they all are entitled to their own reasons for the way they vote.  I told my democrat friends before the primaries that if Hillary Clinton was their nominee it was an easy choice for me.  I would never vote for her so it did not matter who the republican nominee was, I would support the republican.  I made a liar of myself when Trump won the nomination.  It took nearly up to the election, but eventually I decided to vote third party.  I could not vote Trump despite how much I despised Hillary Clinton and did not want her to be president.  But the point is that I won't allow who someone supported to change our friendship.  Politicians and politics is just not worth it.  

Edited by cprenegade

21 minutes ago, cprenegade said:

That's sad, but not surprising.  You see it here all of the time.  I love the self-righteous people who like to claim anyone who voted for Trump is a moron.  They can't even begin to personally know even 1/100th of 1 percent of those people, yet they are all morons.  Same is true on the other side.  I know some Trump voters and they are quite intelligent.  They had their reasons for voting as they did.  I also know some Clinton voters and they are also quite intelligent.  They had their own reasons for voting the way they did.  I don't think any less of any of these people, they are all my friends and acquaintances, and they all are entitled to their own reasons for the way they vote.  I told my democrat friends before the primaries that if Hillary Clinton was their nominee it was an easy choice for me.  I would never vote for her so it did not matter who the republican nominee was, I would support the republican.  I made a liar of myself when Trump won the nomination.  It took nearly up to the election, but eventually I decided to vote third party.  I could not vote Trump despite how much I despised Hillary Clinton and did not want her to be president.  But the point is that I won't allow who someone supported to change our friendship.  Politicians and politics is just not worth it.  

I agree with you.  My grandsons were Bernie supporters and my son kept telling them how horrible Bernie was and how if he won, the US would be doomed. Then when Trump won he was gloating how great the country was going to be.  Needless to say, my grandsons finally had enough and told their father that when the country got great they would speak to him again. So far they still aren't speaking.

17 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

You 2 do seem to have a lot in common....

I get your posts mixed up sometimes .....

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe when you get mad at me you are really thinking of him? :D

17 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

Yes and I've been asked not to follow them on Instagram and Snapchat

And I wager in another year or so....Intagram and Snapchat will be the old folks media.....because the kids have moved onto something else.:D

I use Face and tweeter very sparingly.....by the time I figured it out to chat with my nieces.....they were onto something else. 'Oh Uncle Guido that is sosossssoooooooo old school. '   :rolleyes::lol:

10 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I can see people ribbing each other about who they voted for.....face it....as we see all the time here in MD. You can study a candidate all you want and vote on that info. but when you come down to it you are buying a 'a pig in a poke'. As they change there political positions like most people change their underwear.

Now what I don't get is;

A- CONSTANTLY BRINGING UP HILLARY.....like she has some impact on anything happening in DC. 

B- How many Trump supporters that live in denial (Egypt must be crowded).....and think everything Trump is doing is correct and anyone that questions that is a jerk/fool. I dunno.....when I flip on the TV most everyday.....I see another duck quacking....yet they absolutely refuse to 'see it'. 

Buyers remorse and a bad case of the Fonz I guess. 

IMO.....no links. :lol:

12 hours ago, cprenegade said:

I only talk politics here. If I’m at a family gathering and politics come up, I go to the other room. 

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, cprenegade said:

It's not so much about who voted for Trump. Trump was a protest vote like Sanders was - an act intended to show the political class that the polarized and pay to play political direction we'd been traveling in for going on decades is wrong.  The real question is whether you'd still vote for Trump knowing what you now know. 

Edited by zenwalk

1 hour ago, zenwalk said:

It's not so much about who voted for Trump. Trump was a protest vote like Sanders was - an act intended to show the political class that the polarized and pay to play political direction we'd been traveling in for going on decades is wrong.  The real question is whether you'd still vote for Trump knowing what you now know. 

Knowing what you know now, would you still have voted at all in 2016?

1 minute ago, SemiAuto said:

Knowing what you know now, would you still have voted at all in 2016?

Of course I would. To do nothing would have been an implicit vote for Cheato.

2 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Of course I would. To do nothing would have been an implicit vote for Cheato.

It wasn't.   The implication for me is that the likely result wasn't going to be good no matter what.  It hasn't been for decades. 

2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

It wasn't.   The implication for me is that the likely result wasn't going to be good no matter what.  It hasn't been for decades. 

If everything is the same and there's no degree of difference between one candidate and the other why do you post on political threads? 

10 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

If everything is the same and there's no degree of difference between one candidate and the other why do you post on political threads? 

Because maybe politics and government aren't good at solving problems.   Maybe people should look else where.   

1 hour ago, SemiAuto said:

Because maybe politics and government aren't good at solving problems.   Maybe people should look else where.   

Like anarchy?

30 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Like anarchy?

Prayer....

1 hour ago, gonzoliberal said:

Prayer....

Yes. Let Jesus sort it out. 

Posted (edited)

On 5/13/2018 at 0:08 PM, Guido2 said:

Are you my long lost brother.....you sound like me. 

I still have several 'backup' computers in my museum.....running 7 and variations of Linux/Unix.....and they still run just fine.

On the other hand.... I am on my third win 10 system....and everytime I boot one up.... I hold my breath....what damn thing 'to improve my experience' have they dumped into the system that buggers the rest of it up....and gives me hours of unending pleasure trying to unravel 'the improvement'. :mad:

Since I bailed from IT in retirement....I thought....I could get out of the 'hamster wheel' of 'progress'. Boy was I wrong. 

Computer centric companies have touted that computers are now commodities....plug and play....toasters that you plug in and life is good.

To that I say.........................

HAHHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH................

I got a licensed disc of W7 Pro a couple years ago and am keeping it on the side. My last Cyberpower PC lasted close to 10 years, in fact it still runs but I needed a boost in performance for some Gaming so I got this Newer one abt 2 1/2 yrs ago now. The Old one still runs but it's just sitting in my other bedroom in a corner doing nothing. Anyway if my new "Collosus 5" lasts as long it may well be my last but if I do get a Newer one later I'll just get it with the drive formatted and install W7 on it myself.

Edited by Bartman

16 hours ago, zenwalk said:

It's a fair question, and one I have asked people I know, mainly those who were Trump or third party voters.  I don't think you would like the answer.  I haven't found one person yet who has said they would change their vote.  I voted third party and would do so again were the choices the same.  My instincts on Trump and how unstable his administration would be proved correct.  And there was no way I would ever support Clinton.  So the choice was easy and would be quite easy once again.  

9 hours ago, cprenegade said:

It's a fair question, and one I have asked people I know, mainly those who were Trump or third party voters.  I don't think you would like the answer.  I haven't found one person yet who has said they would change their vote.  I voted third party and would do so again were the choices the same.  My instincts on Trump and how unstable his administration would be proved correct.  And there was no way I would ever support Clinton.  So the choice was easy and would be quite easy once again.  

We'll see in November how many don't change their vote. I suspect most normal people who have kids and grandkids have had it with placing the future in the hands of an emotionally and mentally unstable buffoon leading our country using Russian crib notes and bribes to form policy. But that's just hopeful me. I readily admit I could be completely wrong.