Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
catatonia

Game thread: Rays, 5/11/18

11 posts in this topic

Gausman looks good so far, Manny pops one, Mancini makes up with his lack of range with a well-timed sliding catch. I can't help it, I do like to see the Orioles play well. The O's playing well on the field won't change in any way the organizational buffonishness that needs to be eliminated to get this franchise off the schneid -- the question is whether a team that plays adequately every now and then will preclude doing anything about said organizational idiocy. So, might as well enjoy those games when this team looks like a borderline ML outfit. 

Now watch it all fall apart in an inning or so. 

I hear you. Despite the knowledge that it makes no difference in the big picture, I find it pleasing that Davis has two singles. Way too little and way too late, but still...

Posted (edited)

This is the kind of game the O's played in 2014. Timely hitting, good D, tenacious starting pitching. 

Impressed with Sisco's sliding catch earlier. A couple of sharp DPs. Gausman isn't falling apart even though he's putting runners on through mostly 2014 ALCS-like hits. He's getting his secondaries over exactly when he needs to. Lots to like so far. 

Edited by catatonia

Tillman is on the DL. Phantom injury?

Posted (edited)

Jabuys, it would be encouraging if Gausman finally figures it out and becomes the 1/1A starter optimists always thought he could be. This is in its way as impressive an outing as KG's 9-inning masterpiece a few days ago. 

Of course, then the problem becomes, once the O's (invariably) start stinking up the joint again, what kind of haul the O's could get for him vs. keeping him to build around. 

Edited by catatonia

Posted (edited)

That's 8 GS for Machado now? He's liable to break his idol A-Rod's record if he keeps this up.

It's gonna suck not having him around after this year. Prima donna or not, what a talent. 

Edited by catatonia

Posted (edited)

And just like that, the 2018 O's reassert themselves. Trumbo is so slow he can't cut off the ball and allows Gomez's ball to go for a triple, Sisco makes a bonehead play. Bleier was due for a bad outing, but the team behind him is making it worse. 

For a moment there, I thought we were looking at a legitimate team again. How wrong I was. 

Edited by catatonia

14 minutes ago, catatonia said:

And just like that, the 2018 O's reassert themselves. Trumbo is so slow he can't cut off the ball and allows Gomez's ball to go for a triple, Sisco makes a bonehead play. Bleier was due for a bad outing, but the team behind him is making it worse. 

For a moment there, I thought we were looking at a legitimate team again. How wrong I was. 

Trumbo had no shot at that ball from his seat on the bench. 😁

Gausman rally looks good.  If we could just get Bundy back on track.  Here comes that 4 game win streak I called for and the tear down date will move from Memorial day to July 4th .

And I doubt that will even happen.