Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

No Davis = 17 runs

28 posts in this topic

Don't get too happy.... the other worst team in MLB (Reds) have won 5 straight!

The other day they had 3 guys in the lineup below .200 (Davis, Joseph, Peterson). Today, only 1.

Schoop's return has helped both offensively and defensively

What was behind the thinking of moving Caleb Joseph to 1st base?

We're fortunate that the Reds have been on a 5 game skid.  I still have faith we can get that first pick!

2 hours ago, DaJellyBelly said:

What was behind the thinking of moving Caleb Joseph to 1st base?

I think they did not want to take Joseph out of the game in case Sisco got injured. 

2 hours ago, Slidemaster said:

We're fortunate that the Reds have been on a 5 game skid.  I still have faith we can get that first pick!

It's a tough month -- more games with the Rays and four with the Chisox.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Mr. Buzzcut said:

It's a tough month -- more games with the Rays and four with the Chisox.

After this weekend I'm sure everyone now believes this team can make a push for a playoff run. The Orioles would be foolish to focus on anything but the here and now. They will be buyers again this year.

Edited by NCBirdfan

5 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Schoop's return has helped both offensively and defensively

I love Schoop but he needs to be available for playoff-hungry teams come July. If they blow this thing up, we stand to get a pretty big return for Schoop. He is under team control through 2020. 

24 minutes ago, Manny said:

I love Schoop but he needs to be available for playoff-hungry teams come July. If they blow this thing up, we stand to get a pretty big return for Schoop. He is under team control through 2020. 

You either ship him and everyone else out for prospects or you decide that you're going to build around

Schoop

Mancini

Cisco

Bundy

Gausman

and

Bundy

1 minute ago, JoyinMudville said:

You either ship him and everyone else out for prospects or you decide that you're going to build around

Schoop

Mancini

Cisco

Bundy

Gausman

and

Bundy

I think it needs to be blown up. Why there’s no investment in international players is beyond me. It’s made the farm system weak. Granted Hays and Mountcastle may pan out. 

9 hours ago, Manny said:

He's signed through '19, he'll be a FA after that. 

9 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Schoop

Mancini

Cisco

Bundy

Gausman

and

Bundy

I don't think Bobby Bundy is with the org. any longer. 

8 minutes ago, weird-O said:

He's signed through '19, he'll be a FA after that. 

I stand corrected. 

9 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

Schoop

Mancini

Cisco

Bundy

Gausman

and

Bundy

I'm pretty sure the O's brain trust will look at the players above and add in Cobb, Cashner, Trumbo, O'Day, Givens, Beckham, Blier, Hays, Mullins, Harvey (and hopefully trade bounty from Manny) and figure they have a quick re-tool for 2019.  Sign someone like Moustakas for third and two solid back end relievers and presto , we be back.  Oh and they will spin it that Davis will be returning to form.  I really think you can bank on this approach for 2019.  

25 minutes ago, weird-O said:

I don't think Bobby Bundy is with the org. any longer. 

I think he meant his other brother.  Ted.

3 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I'm pretty sure the O's brain trust will look at the players above and add in Cobb, Cashner, Trumbo, O'Day, Givens, Beckham, Blier, Hays, Mullins, Harvey (and hopefully trade bounty from Manny) and figure they have a quick re-tool for 2019.  Sign someone like Moustakas for third and two solid back end relievers and presto , we be back.  Oh and they will spin it that Davis will be returning to form.  I really think you can bank on this approach for 2019.  

You forgot Tillman and Wright.  :lol:

1 minute ago, CROUSEMAN said:

If Buck is still around in 2019,  he has to get it through his skull that he can't have these washed up retreads he personally likes that really can't play anymore -  Tillman, Wright, Rasmus, Alvarez, Valencia, Gentry, Joseph, ect.  I mean other than a few bombs from Alvarez this year, its zippo.  I doubt he can change though.  That's why I want him gone.

It seemed like Davis was coming around, but geez he is still hitting .170 with and OBP of .253.  He would need to get red hot just to get to .225.  

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

If Buck is still around in 2019,  he has to get it through his skull that he can't have these washed up retreads he personally likes that really can't play anymore -  Tillman, Wright, Rasmus, Alvarez, Valencia, Gentry, Joseph, ect.  I mean other than a few bombs from Alvarez this year, its zippo.  I doubt he can change though.  That's why I want him gone.

It's troubling that Buck seems to have given up on defense. That use to be a sticking point for him. The guys calling the games have made several references to it, over the years. They've said that Buck's opinion is, if you can't play your position, you can't play for me. It seems as though he has totally given up on that. And now, all is forgiven, if you can hit home runs. 
To that point, Beckham. I think we all really enjoyed the energy he brought, when he joined the team. But he isn't the player we saw for the first month of his Oriole tenure. I wish he was, but he's just not, and his "track record" bares that. But it seems as though he's entered the sacred palace of "Buck's Guys".

4 minutes ago, weird-O said:

It's troubling that Buck seems to have given up on defense. That use to be a sticking point for him. The guys calling the games have made several references to it, over the years. They've said that Buck's opinion is, if you can't play your position, you can't play for me. It seems as though he has totally given up on that. And now, all is forgiven, if you can hit home runs. 
To that point, Beckham. I think we all really enjoyed the energy he brought, when he joined the team. But he isn't the player we saw for the first month of his Oriole tenure. I wish he was, but he's just not, and his "track record" bares that. But it seems as though he's entered the sacred palace of "Buck's Guys".

Yeah I tend to agree with you on Beckham.  One good month out of 3 years or so in the Bigs.  I guess I'll withhold final judgement until he gets back and is fully healthy.  He might have been hurt most of this year.  Who knows as this kind of information is so shaded by the team.  I suspect Timmy will be the starting SS next year.  And he is probably below average to just average there.  But way better than at third.  God what an awful experiment. 

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Don’t forget Ryan Mountcastle. 

3 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

It seemed like Davis was coming around, but geez he is still hitting .170 with and OBP of .253.  He would need to get red hot just to get to .225.  

The other night, he went 1 for 5 and raised his batting average.

Who would have thought that removing 2-3 strikeouts from the middle of the lineup is good for run production?

4 hours ago, Thirteen said:

I think he meant his other brother.  Ted.

That's a cringe worthy reference :unsure: