Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Republicans move to protect white voters on the dole

334 posts in this topic

Just now, hst2 said:

I refer you to the article at the beginning of the thread.

I did. And it says blacks do live in those areas. And I suggest that the blacks that feel they are getting screwed should then petition to be able to move to that other area. 

And to repeat.....it is wrong what they are trying to do with the exemptions. 

To me....exemptions are favoritism regardless of what benefit or topic it involves. 

9 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Relatively speaking it is. Don’t be ridiculous. Seriously... :rolleyes:

What is ridiculous is thinking that white people have privilege when their majority status as welfare recipients has to be defended.   

I wouldn't call anyone, white or black, who is on welfare, privileged.   

2 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Nope.   Try again.

Ten dollars to a doughnut....if the situation was reversed....and majority black areas got this 'deal'....he wouldn't say boo. In fact I am sure he would be celebrating and wondering why more wasn't done.

1 minute ago, SemiAuto said:

What is ridiculous is thinking that white people have privilege when their majority status as welfare recipients has to be defended.   

You still didn't read my articles did  you. 

3 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

Do you call this fair legislation? 

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

-Lyndon B. Johnson

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

You still didn't read my articles did  you. 

The expansion of the welfare state or the fact that 38% of 72% will be a bigger number than 39% of 12%?

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

Do you call this fair legislation? 

-Lyndon B. Johnson

I'm not commenting on the fairness of it.   I'm putting in the context of the racist notion of white privilege.  

11 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Your the one that needs a nap. 

Who is my "the one"? :confused:

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, SemiAuto said:

I'm not commenting on the fairness of it.  I'm putting in the context of the racist notion of white privilege.  

Well how bout you start?? Afterall that is the topic. And an unearned unfair advantage for whites = a privilege. A [white] privilege. No matter how much air freshener you try to spray on it a turd is a turd. 

Edited by Marshan Man

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Funny thing is you have those on here who call for a level playing field.  This is the type of "level playing" field they mean.

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

Well how bout you start?? Afterall that is the topic. And an unearned unfair advantage for whites = a privilege. A [white] privilege. No matter how much air freshener you try to spray on it a turd is a turd. 

I will not be so ridiculous as to describe being on welfare as a privilege.  

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

The expansion of the welfare state or the fact that 38% of 72% will be a bigger number than 39% of 12%?

Math isn’t Guido’s strength. I’m pretty sure he can’t figure that out. 

Edited by bmore_ken

4 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

I will not be so ridiculous as to describe being on welfare as a privilege.  

Wow. What a disingenuous deflecting poster you are. Hope this isn’t how you defend your points in real life.  

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

ahhhh....you missed it....so you really didn't read the article. 

The 'on welfare' stat.....is for welfare..so ....when it say X% it is X% of ALL THOSE ON WELFARE.

It is NOT a percentage of all those in the US that make up that race category. That is why I provided multiple links. 

So....let me put my teacher hat on.

If, lets say 1000 people are on welfare and 1/3 are white or black that means in either category about 333 people will fall into the percentile.

That percentage is NOT a percentage of the total population that make up the welfare recipients by race ....it is a raw number of all those that are collecting. 

So when you see 38% white are collecting it is approximately 1/3 OF ALL THOSE COLLECTING....not 1/3 of all the whites in America.

To further clarify. if you have 1M on welfare...that means that 1/3 is 333,333 for each category of race. 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Sir. ;)

Maybe I am old school....but a privilege used to be it was something you earned. Through hard work and superior intellect. 

I think you are talking more about entitlement. IMO

Edited by Guido2

9 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

ahhhh....you missed it....so you really didn't read the article. 

The 'on welfare' stat.....is for welfare..so ....when it say X% it is X% of ALL THOSE ON WELFARE.

It is NOT a percentage of all those in the US that make up that race category. That is why I provided multiple links. 

So....let me put my teacher hat on.

If, lets say 1000 people are on welfare and 1/3 are white or black that means in either category about 333 people will fall into the percentile.

That percentage is NOT a percentage of the total population that make up the welfare recipients by race ....it is a raw number of all those that are collecting. 

So when you see 38% white are collecting it is approximately 1/3 OF ALL THOSE COLLECTING....not 1/3 of all the whites in America.

Hope that helps. 

Not really.

Americans Are Mistaken About Who Gets Welfare.

And again, the main point I am making here is that anybody, white, black, or otherwise, who is on welfare, is hardly privileged.   If whiteness was invented to benefit white people it sure as hell is not working as intended.  

2 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

So to address the topic. Do you think this is an equal opportunity draining?

Of course not as there are many more whites on snap than other... ethnicities. 

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Wow... SMH. It's no wonder you're a bigot. I mean if you really believe that you have no other choice but to be...

Name calling is all you have isn’t it? Did you notice that the hack that wrote the articles first move was one race getting away with more free healthcare than another? Do you really think the dems that promise to make sure nobody loses their feebies give a crap about you or anybody but themselves? Take a look around our city. Decades of democrat rule. They give a few tokens lip service, say the same old lie and you lap it up. Then they go home to their gated community for 4 years. You watch, 2020 will come, so will the dem candidate will pose for a photo op with a few black pastors, carry hot sauce in their purse, or say they ain’t in no ways tired, promise the world, then disappear for another 4. But you keep pulling that lever for the Dem, ya hear. Some are waking up. Not you though MM. Anybody that doesn’t toe the party line is a bigot.

2 hours ago, banner1124 said:

good luck with that

Well you know how michiganjoe likes to... well you know!  >;)<

1 hour ago, SemiAuto said:

Seriously?  You know how expensive tattoos are?

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Name calling is all you have isn’t it? Did you notice that the hack that wrote the articles first move was one race getting away with more free healthcare than another? Do you really think the dems that promise to make sure nobody loses their feebies give a crap about you or anybody but themselves? Take a look around our city. Decades of democrat rule. They give a few tokens lip service, say the same old lie and you lap it up. Then they go home to their gated community for 4 years. You watch, 2020 will come, so will the dem candidate will pose for a photo op with a few black pastors, carry hot sauce in their purse, or say they ain’t in no ways tired, promise the world, then disappear for another 4. But you keep pulling that lever for the Dem, ya hear. Some are waking up. Not you though MM. Anybody that doesn’t toe the party line is a bigot.

No. Anyone who believes this...

the more people of color that work to receive health benefits, the more votes the dems loose.

Is a bigot. A poor spelling one at that. Why don't you think blacks and/or dems want more people to work to receive benefits?? Why would you think that?? And you got that right. More are waking up to just how downright racist and disgusting this POS country is... 

Edited by Marshan Man

2 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

No. Anyone who believes this...

Is a bigot. A poor spelling one at that. Why don't you think blacks and/or dems want more people to work to receive benefits?? Why would you think that?? And you got that right. More are waking up to just how downright racist and disgusting this POS country is... 

Are you calling Malcom X a bigot? He said the same thing about white liberals over 50 years ago. 

Perhaps MM, the bigot is you!:o

13 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Seriously?  You know how expensive tattoos are?

Do you have any idea how expensive the fancy hair weaves and fake nails are. :lol:

Just now, mrdeltoid said:

Are you calling Malcom X a bigot? He said the same thing about white liberals over 50 years ago. 

Perhaps MM, the bigot is you!:o

What Malcolm X quote are you referring to? Lord knows I wouldn’t leave it to you for a truthful interpretation. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Of course not as there are many more whites on snap than other... ethnicities. 

Another disingenuous poster hiding behind word games.