Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Republicans move to protect white voters on the dole

334 posts in this topic

Just now, Marshan Man said:

What Malcolm X quote are you referring to? Lord knows I wouldn’t leave it to you for a truthful interpretation. :rolleyes:

I will post a link when I get home in an hour or to. You can go to YouTube and key in “Malcom X and white liberals.” His speech is how I formed my opinion more than 30 years ago. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, SemiAuto said:

Not really.

Americans Are Mistaken About Who Gets Welfare.

And again, the main point I am making here is that anybody, white, black, or otherwise, who is on welfare, is hardly privileged.   If whiteness was invented to benefit white people it sure as hell is not working as intended.  

As I said.....statistics lie and liars use statistics. Not saying you are btw.

Numbers can be spun in multiple ways to prove a given point. So lets leave it at that. 

Regarding privileged. I thought it is a word that in this case of the OP it is a misused word. In this case it is being distorted to by some to try and somehow point out that whites that are collecting are somehow privileged. 

Having to collect at all is not a privilege be you black or white. 

However, when does it turn into an entitlement? As some in the cities seem to think it is. 

That to me is the real issue. 

Edited by Guido2

2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I will post a link when I get home in an hour or to. You can go to YouTube and key in “Malcom X and white liberals.” His speech is how I formed my opinion more than 30 years ago. 

If it’s the quote I’m thinking of it’s nothing like your post. 

13 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

You don’t think blacks are smart enough to understand what’s at stake for ourselves and the motives of white liberals?? 

4 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

You don’t think blacks are smart enough to understand what’s at stake for ourselves and the motives of white liberals?? 

Several people who post here believe that. 

3 hours ago, SemiAuto said:

It also should put an end to the delusion of white privilege.   if whiteness was invented to give themselves an economic advantage it clearly is not working.   Or, more likely, it was BS to begin with.  

Dear God all this time and you STILL don't understand what white privilege is?  It seems from your comments that use of the word privilege is tripping you up.  Would it kill you to actually learn something?

3 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Wow. What a disingenuous deflecting poster you are. Hope this isn’t how you defend your points in real life.  

I'm not sure he's disingenuous... I'm honestly starting to think that he really doesn't understand.  He's getting so tripped up on the word privilege that it's beginning to look like he just simply doesn't get it.

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Sir. ;)

Maybe I am old school....but a privilege used to be it was something you earned. Through hard work and superior intellect. 

I think you are talking more about entitlement. IMO

Wrong... that may be what you *thought*, but there is NOTHING in the definition of privilege about having to earn it... nor is there anything about hard work and superior intellect.

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Another disingenuous poster hiding behind word games. 

that poster has just become a troll

1 hour ago, mrdeltoid said:

wow, you formed an opinion from one person's speech? 

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Several people who post here believe that. 

And most of 'em don't have the testicular fortitude to admit it

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

It's not that I think a voter, black or white isn't smart enough to know who to vote for. When politicians run for office we have nothing to go by but what they say, in which requires blind faith, or the track record of their party. There have been many very intelligent people of all races that has been deceived. The blame belongs on the deceiver, not the person who trusts. The bigots on the extreme right make no effort to hide their feelings about race or religion. On the other hand, conservative or liberal dems all do the same thing every election. Go around the country, promising the world, posing for photo ops, etc. Anyway, here is the speech that brought me to question my own view on race and bigotry when I was still an idealist.:

11 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

wow, you formed an opinion from one person's speech? 

It actually started me to look deeper into my own views. Of course one speech doesn't form anything, just as one post doesn't give you any insight into my beliefs.

12 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

And most of 'em don't have the testicular fortitude to admit it

What "testicular fortitude" does it take to say anything on a anonymous "opinion forum"? That is the silliest thing ever. Anything here takes no guts at all. I mean look at the name calling. You feel that takes some type of courage? 

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

What "testicular fortitude" does it take to say anything on a anonymous "opinion forum"? That is the silliest thing ever. Anything here takes no guts at all. I mean look at the name calling. You feel that takes some type of courage? 

What did you expect?

5 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

What did you expect?

Pretty much what  is happening. As the minister pointed out, Adam Clayton Powell was called a racist because of his bluntness. So, why should I expect anything different on a forum where thinking outside the box, so to speak, and pointing out issues that are not in our usual comfort zone gets one called a racist?

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

Pretty much what  is happening. As the minister pointed out, Adam Clayton Powell was called a racist because of his bluntness. So, why should I expect anything different on a forum where thinking outside the box, so to speak, and pointing out issues that are not in our usual comfort zone gets one called a racist?

That's quite a leap in logic from one statement to the next.  Do you need oxygen up there?

1 minute ago, gonzoliberal said:

That's quite a leap in logic from one statement to the next.  Do you need oxygen up there?

Back to the issue, I was making the case that the same old same old from the democrat party in our city is not helping anybody. I believe that they pander to black voters for their votes and disappear after the election. 

3 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Back to the issue, I was making the case that the same old same old from the democrat party in our city is not helping anybody. I believe that they pander to black voters for their votes and disappear after the election. 

You're not the first person to notice.

Baltimore’s elections do not change the direction of the city. In the 2016 city general election, the mayor and the council members all promised change, yet the city is in the same or worse shape since the election. Because city government is controlled by one political party and elected officials have no term limits, voters have little options other than to vote with their feet. The City Council should enact term limits and hold nonpartisan elections.

source

I will add that this is not unique to Baltimore or the democrats.   

34 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Oh please.... my point is that some people are well aware of how heinous their beliefs are... so much so that they don't even have the guts to admit to them even on an anonymous forum.  Why do some of you need the simplest things explained to you? :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Gigantic and moronic leaps of logic seem to be all to common around here

39 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

It actually started me to look deeper into my own views. Of course one speech doesn't form anything, just as one post doesn't give you any insight into my beliefs.

Well, you were quite specific in what you said in that post so I didn't it to give me insight as I merely took the words you posted.  

15 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Oh please.... my point is that some people are well aware of how heinous their beliefs are... so much so that they don't even have the guts to admit to them even on an anonymous forum.  Why do some of you need the simplest things explained to you? :rolleyes:

You didn't comment on the video link I posted. The one that Malcom X gives his views on white liberals. I'm guessing that you see him as a bigot as well, since his thoughts are what started me thinking about it. Did you even watch it? I know it's much easier to call name and hurl insults than it is to address uncomfortable issues. Oh by the way, guts to admit what? I thought I stated my thoughts well and backed them up with a link. 

20 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Well, you were quite specific in what you said in that post so I didn't it to give me insight as I merely took the words you posted.  

Sometimes the typed word doesn't translate the thought very clearly. I'll be as clear and concise as possible here: I believe that the democrat party is disingenuous when they say they are the champions of people of color.  

3 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

You didn't comment on the video link I posted. The one that Malcom X gives his views on white liberals. I'm guessing that you see him as a bigot as well, since his thoughts are what started me thinking about it. Did you even watch it? I know it's much easier to call name and hurl insults than it is to address uncomfortable issues. Oh by the way, guts to admit what? I thought I stated my thoughts well and backed them up with a link. 

Many of us have heard this speech and similar sentiment expressed over and over again. How does this change things??