Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

3,000 homeless children in Baltimore

73 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2018 at 7:02 AM, Guido2 said:

No I don't think so. Like a cancer you have to remove it first ....then....treat the whole body. This idea is just a variation of that. 

To be candid.....lock them up in jail...fine.....let then get high in affect incapacitate them and be able to monitor them....fine.

Question is: which are:

1. Which is cheaper? Or are the costs the same?
  2. Whiich is more likely to accepted by SJWs?
  3. Which is more likely to get druggies to volunteer on there own and save court costs etc. 

Just thinking  a bit out of the box while still being practical. 

As it stands now....one must be arrested first (more cost)....then 'maybe' they will get treatment ( not available because of the first part of my statement. I am just trying to eliminate the 'middle man' . :lol:

The above method is pretty much what the state/city is professing......catch....attempt to treat.....release.....repeat. 

Just keep them stoned and happy and you break the cycle. IMO

You don't think Baltimore needs productive members of society? Hmmm

If caught early, cancer can be treated. If you let it fester, a malignant tumor will grow at an exponential rate at which time treatment becomes useless. 

Mass incarcerations is a proven failure, especially for the walking dead. Huge waste of time, money, and energy. 

7 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

You don't think Baltimore needs productive members of society? Hmmm

If caught early, cancer can be treated. If you let it fester, a malignant tumor will grow at an exponential rate at which time treatment becomes useless. 

Mass incarcerations is a proven failure, especially for the walking dead. Huge waste of time, money, and energy. 

By the lines;

Of course they do...and those productive memebers should be able to walk down the street without having issues that are frequently rooted in drug addiction.

Second line sure sounds like Baltimore in a nutshell....and not just the drug issue. 

Yes it has....it is a vicious cycle. My suggestion of 'stoned and happy' would break the cycle a bit I think. Is their being ....for lack of a better term....hospitalized and kept hosptitalized is a form of incarceration I guess.....and it will have expense no doubt. But at least money might be saved by eliminating the arrest,jail release cycle and it's associated costs. 

My understanding MANY progressive European countires....yah know the ones the lib/dem/progressives hold up as shining examples already do what I have suggested. I guess they learned long ago that attempting to arrest their way out of the situation wasn't working. 

On big reason for this teenage unrest could be lack of jobs. There should be "free" training centers teaching these kids how to be good auto mechanics, carpenters, electricians, etc. I admit this would be a heave burden paying for this up front but the end result will pay for itself ten (10) times over

just my view of things

16 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

On big reason for this teenage unrest could be lack of jobs. There should be "free" training centers teaching these kids how to be good auto mechanics, carpenters, electricians, etc. I admit this would be a heave burden paying for this up front but the end result will pay for itself ten (10) times over

just my view of things

They have free training centers now.  They're called "schools", or as the city likes to name them, "academies". 

What they need is school attendance and parents, especially daddies who are willing to support them and help the mamas out.  

Failing that, it might be a good idea to actually put career criminals like repeat car thieves in a real lockup instead of placing them under home arrest. 

The real reason for this teenage unrest is upbringing or the lack thereof. 

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

They have free training centers now.  They're called "schools", or as the city likes to name them, "academies". 

What they need is school attendance and parents, especially daddies who are willing to support them and help the mamas out.  

Failing that, it might be a good idea to actually put career criminals like repeat car thieves in a real lockup instead of placing them under home arrest. 

Yes yes.....all the things that NORMAL people understand......but is political suicide in Baltimore ...if you try to implement. 

Hence.....wash/rinse/repeat.....and hope you get elected to a higher position.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, Manny said:

Actually communism is more appropriate. Read the Communist Manifesto. It’s very similar to the “Democratic” Party platform.

Did you read the entire book?

Marx & Engles vilified the middle class for aping the upper class, and instead advocated for a "dictatorship of the proletariat"...a government and economic system run instead by workers.

They also excoriated the capitalist system by claiming that "profit" was the difference between the value of a worker's labor and what he was actually paid...which they viewed as the true definition of Capitalism - exploitation of the worker.

Their ultimate prediction was that Capitalism was analogous to a pyramid scheme that would eventually implode, resulting in a classless society.

If you want to talk pure Communism, read the Holy Bible.

On 5/21/2018 at 11:01 AM, Pickle20 said:

Yeah I'm not reading ANYTHING that has ads for food buckets.

The City didn't have any money to help subsidize Bea Gaddy, who regularly fed the poor and homeless on major holidays, yet had beaucoup ducats to spend on two stadiums, a hotel, and a huge electricity bill to keep Harbor Place lit up like a Christmas tree every night.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:48 AM, Eastside Terp said:

I volunteer at one of the larger "soup kitchens" in the city .....

There is a separate section in the dining area for families with children.....

KUDOS, E.T.!!!!!!!! :)

16 hours ago, EL-FLIPPO said:

The City didn't have any money to help subsidize Bea Gaddy, who regularly fed the poor and homeless on major holidays, yet had beaucoup ducats to spend on two stadiums, a hotel, and a huge electricity bill to keep Harbor Place lit up like a Christmas tree every night.

All that is very true.

Now.....who voted the gooberment into office? :rolleyes:

On 5/28/2018 at 9:00 AM, Ode2Joy said:

You are sidestepping what I said. I asked if there were training centers that taught a trade where they could then get a real job. Public schools teach you history, how to read and write and a bit of science but they do not teach you how to weld, fix machinery including cars or how to install an electrical system for a home or building. But then again you knew what I was suggesting and decided to trash the idea because it felt good to do so.

right?

On 5/28/2018 at 9:00 AM, Ode2Joy said:

Your comment offered no solutions to the problem. Having said that I am sure you could come up with some possible solutions if you spent ten (10) minutes of your valuable time thinking about it.

Please, take a deep breath and then give it a try. I honestly think you have some valid suggestions that could bring these kids a bit closer to becoming successful members of the community.

10 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

You are sidestepping what I said. I asked if there were training centers that taught a trade where they could then get a real job. Public schools teach you history, how to read and write and a bit of science but they do not teach you how to weld, fix machinery including cars or how to install an electrical system for a home or building. But then again you knew what I was suggesting and decided to trash the idea because it felt good to do so.

right?

9 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

Your comment offered no solutions to the problem. Having said that I am sure you could come up with some possible solutions if you spent ten (10) minutes of your valuable time thinking about it.

Please, take a deep breath and then give it a try. I honestly think you have some valid suggestions that could bring these kids a bit closer to becoming successful members of the community.

Wrong.  The ideal solution would be to convince parents to not abandon their kids, but no one can do that despite family, churches, counselors, etc.

You asked if there are training centers, and I pointed out that such schools already exist BUT students have to attend them to learn from them.  There are also free colleges opportunities now as well as apprenticeships in those fields you mentioned IF people make the effort to show up and actually take advantage of them.

The skills you mentioned as "real jobs"?   You must not be from the area.  Here's one quick example that everyone in the Baltimore region should know about.  There are others.

Mervo has 22 state-approved trades courses for students to enter into, including: Accounting and Finance, Allied Health, Auto Body and Repair, Automotive Technology, Business Management, CADD(Coumputer Aided Drawing and Design), Carpentry, ChildCare, CISCO Networking Academy, Commercial Baking, Cosmetology, Electrical Construction, Food Services, Graphic Arts and Printing, Law and Leadership, Masonry, Plumbing, Project Led The Way (Pre-Engineering), Teacher Academy and Welding.

LINK

Every single "real job" training you said was needed is already provided for free.  I knew what I was talking about.  You didn't.  Just like you don't realize that opportunities that already exist can't help anyone if they don't take advantage of them. 

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Wrong.  The ideal solution would be to convince parents to not abandon their kids, but no one can do that despite family, churches, counselors, etc.

You asked if there are training centers, and I pointed out that such schools already exist BUT students have to attend them to learn from them.  There are also free colleges opportunities now as well as apprenticeships in those fields you mentioned IF people make the effort to show up and actually take advantage of them.

The skills you mentioned as "real jobs"?   You must not be from the area.  Here's one quick example that everyone in the Baltimore region should know about.  There are others.

LINK

Every single "real job" training you said was needed is already provided for free.  I knew what I was talking about.  You didn't.  Just like you don't realize that opportunities that already exist can't help anyone if they don't take advantage of them. 

And here is but ONE of many training opportunity sites. 'Train Baltimore'. It offers 104  courses of which about 1/2 are FREE.

http://www.trainbaltimore.org/Training.aspx

I wish I could find the article that was in The Sun a while back regarding job training for the city residence. If I remember correctly the two things that stood out. 

One, there are plenty of programs ....free programs that are available to most anybody...even ex-cons.

Two, to a person....each and every program director said the same thing..... to paraphrase: 'The biggest problem we face is not getting people to come in the door....the biggest problem is for them to consistently attend the classes to get the training they need and complete the certification. And they also added: 'Part of the training is not just the nuts and bolts of the skills but also 'reconditioning' some peoples thought process to recognize that 'showing up' when they feel like it, is now not an option....employers want employees they can count on consistently to 'be there'. '

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

One reason the kids do not take advantage of these training centers is because they may not be aware of them. How about passing out flyers to these areas that outline the training centers available and a means to get to them if they want to learn how to make a real living.

I'm just making suggestions on how to turn these kids into productive citizens in their communities. The stated objective is how to turn these kids into productive citizens. Some here suggest locking them up as if this would help. Now I have put my two cents into this. 

Having said that I have nothing further to offer.

Good luck !!!

Edited by tooldtocare

49 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

One reason the kids do not take advantage of these training centers is because they may not be aware of them. How about passing out flyers to these areas that outline the training centers available and a means to get to them if they want to learn how to make a real living.

I'm just making suggestions on how to turn these kids into productive citizens in their communities. The stated objective is how to turn these kids into productive citizens. Some here suggest locking them up as if this would help. Now I have put my two cents into this. 

Good luck !!!

They don't need flyers.  They should already be aware of them because they should be in school, and schools have counselors and advisors to point out those programs.  BUT - they have to first show up and attend school as required by law.  They can also get free meals at schools.  Kids who are out running the streets when they should be in school already know that they're supposed to be in school. 

There's also a curfew that started in the city this week.  Let's see how successful that is too. 

What many of those kids need the most are parents.  If mommy and daddy don't give a damn, the kids won't give a damn. Once they reac the age where they're cutting school, breaking into houses, and already supposed to be under house arrest, it's too late.  They know what they can get away with.

4 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

Good luck !!!

That is total garbage.

You don't think that these 'frequent flyers' when they are hauled in aren't sat down with a Social Worker and told about this stuff.

Now does it penetrate.....seems the answer is NO. 

For God sake....the city has buses driving around....right up to peoples doorsteps.....they don't see that. 

Old saying; 'You can lead a horse to water....but you can't make them drink'

That summarizes the problem in spades. 

On 5/30/2018 at 0:44 PM, Ode2Joy said:

BUT - they have to first show up and attend school as required by law. 

If it is required by law then these parents are breaking the law and they should be held accountable. So the blame for not attending school should sit squarely on the local government for failing to enforce this law. 

1 hour ago, tooldtocare said:

If it is required by law then these parents are breaking the law and they should be held accountable. So the blame for not attending school should sit squarely on the local government for failing to enforce this law. 

Of course it's required by law.  Did you forget?  We're talking about Baltimore. 

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

Ok...you have a city, that loses Millions left and right, a revolving door justice system, murder's and car thiefs walking the streets after 'time served' etc.

And you THINK that the city has the wherewithal to punish...baby momma's and baby daddies.

HHAHAHHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

To funny.....way to funny. 

Ohhhh and the classic..So the blame for not attending school should sit squarely on the local government for failing to enforce this law. ..it is everybody elses fault ...it is societies fault....it is the goooberment's fault. BUT GOD FORBID BLAME POOR PARENTING!!!!!!! smh

And lib/dem/progressives wonder....no...they are shocked absolutely SHOCKED AND APPAULED ....that anyone with even a slightly conservative bent....doesn't pay attention to their nonsense. 

smh smh smh smh...................................

Edited by Guido2

On 5/30/2018 at 0:47 PM, tooldtocare said:

Good luck !!!

It starts here.  Wait till end. 

16 minutes ago, workerbee said:

It has to start when they're young. 

50 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

Ok...you have a city, that loses Millions left and right, a revolving door justice system, murder's and car thiefs walking the streets after 'time served' etc.

And you THINK that the city has the wherewithal to punish...baby momma's and baby daddies.

HHAHAHHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

To funny.....way to funny. 

Ohhhh and the classic..So the blame for not attending school should sit squarely on the local government for failing to enforce this law. ..it is everybody elses fault ...it is societies fault....it is the goooberment's fault. BUT GOD FORBID BLAME POOR PARENTING!!!!!!! smh

And lib/dem/progressives wonder....no...they are shocked absolutely SHOCKED AND APPAULED ....that anyone with even a slightly conservative bent....doesn't pay attention to their nonsense. 

smh smh smh smh...................................

It's ALL about parenting, or the lack of it.

9 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

It has to start when they're young. 

It's ALL about parenting, or the lack of it.

I just forwarded this to the SJWs, politicians and bible thumpers in the city.

Hope you don't mind. ;)

Kudo's 

There are lots of 'nails' that have been identified; parenting or the lack there of is a big one.

But ....seems 'some' can't find a hammer.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Great post.....

There is a LOT of good out there....A LOT.

But unfortunately  that doesn't sell ads on TV or make headlines. So for the most part...we will never see them. 

Thanks

Edited by Guido2