Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

3,000 homeless children in Baltimore

53 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2018 at 7:02 AM, Guido2 said:

No I don't think so. Like a cancer you have to remove it first ....then....treat the whole body. This idea is just a variation of that. 

To be candid.....lock them up in jail...fine.....let then get high in affect incapacitate them and be able to monitor them....fine.

Question is: which are:

1. Which is cheaper? Or are the costs the same?
  2. Whiich is more likely to accepted by SJWs?
  3. Which is more likely to get druggies to volunteer on there own and save court costs etc. 

Just thinking  a bit out of the box while still being practical. 

As it stands now....one must be arrested first (more cost)....then 'maybe' they will get treatment ( not available because of the first part of my statement. I am just trying to eliminate the 'middle man' . :lol:

The above method is pretty much what the state/city is professing......catch....attempt to treat.....release.....repeat. 

Just keep them stoned and happy and you break the cycle. IMO

You don't think Baltimore needs productive members of society? Hmmm

If caught early, cancer can be treated. If you let it fester, a malignant tumor will grow at an exponential rate at which time treatment becomes useless. 

Mass incarcerations is a proven failure, especially for the walking dead. Huge waste of time, money, and energy. 

7 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

You don't think Baltimore needs productive members of society? Hmmm

If caught early, cancer can be treated. If you let it fester, a malignant tumor will grow at an exponential rate at which time treatment becomes useless. 

Mass incarcerations is a proven failure, especially for the walking dead. Huge waste of time, money, and energy. 

By the lines;

Of course they do...and those productive memebers should be able to walk down the street without having issues that are frequently rooted in drug addiction.

Second line sure sounds like Baltimore in a nutshell....and not just the drug issue. 

Yes it has....it is a vicious cycle. My suggestion of 'stoned and happy' would break the cycle a bit I think. Is their being ....for lack of a better term....hospitalized and kept hosptitalized is a form of incarceration I guess.....and it will have expense no doubt. But at least money might be saved by eliminating the arrest,jail release cycle and it's associated costs. 

My understanding MANY progressive European countires....yah know the ones the lib/dem/progressives hold up as shining examples already do what I have suggested. I guess they learned long ago that attempting to arrest their way out of the situation wasn't working. 

On big reason for this teenage unrest could be lack of jobs. There should be "free" training centers teaching these kids how to be good auto mechanics, carpenters, electricians, etc. I admit this would be a heave burden paying for this up front but the end result will pay for itself ten (10) times over

just my view of things