Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKDWZD

Tension in Gaza as Palestinians begin to bury 58 dead

93 posts in this topic

It is sickening to see people blaming the victims.  I wonder what they would do if they lived in basically a concentration camp.

8 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

It is sickening to see people blaming the victims.  I wonder what they would do if they lived in basically a concentration camp.

It beats taking responsibility for the situation that created the victims in the first place.

Deflection;  Coming to a theater near you.

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Don't you get it? Life everywhere is the same as it is in the USA and everyone should behave as if it is. Always hire a babysitter before attending a protest in case sniper fire rings out. And make sure to leave them some money for Sumaghiyyeh takeout.

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Don't you get it? Life everywhere is the same as it is in the USA and everyone should behave as if it is. Always hire a babysitter before attending a protest in case sniper fire rings out. And make sure to leave them some money for Sumaghiyyeh takeout.

It's amusing that republicans have never seen a protest they approve of except for the one in Charlottesville.  Maybe the Palestinians should buy Tiki lamps?

3 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

It's amusing that republicans have never seen a protest they approve of except for the one in Charlottesville.  Maybe the Palestinians should buy Tiki lamps?

Good point, but I wouldn't put all republicans into that group, just racists and overall bad people.

44 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Blame the victims.

In that part of the world its what happens. It isn't right but it happens. The people there know to expect it. Either they don't care about their children or want to use them as martyrs to further a cause.

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

In that part of the world its what happens. It isn't right but it happens. The people there know to expect it. Either they don't care about their children or want to use them as martyrs to further a cause.

Yup, those are the only 2 reasons. You nailed it, bud.

2 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Yup, those are the only 2 reasons. You nailed it, bud.

Glad you changed your mind .......

26 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

It might be what you think is a concentration camp, but no other ME country wants them.

6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Good point, but I wouldn't put all republicans into that group, just racists and overall bad people.

There are the collaborators of course. In Germany they called them the March Violets because they are the last spring flower to bloom.

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

It might be what you think is a concentration camp, but no other ME country wants them.

Because they ARE their own country. At least they want to be. Why should they go anywhere else? 

Just now, Pickle20 said:

Because they ARE their own country. At least they want to be. Why should they go anywhere else? 

They've tried to go to other countries but they don't want them. They'd rather pay them to stay there.

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

They've tried to go to other countries but they don't want them. They'd rather pay them to stay there.

"They've tried to go to other countries but they don't want them."

Sounds like Trump's America.

29 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

The Jews in Israel know better than anyone about concentration camps and what has to be done to protect themselves so that it's not allowed to happen again as the world stands by and watches it happen.

The Jewish State of Israel, which has non-Jews in its Knesset, could easily wipe out the Palestinians if they wanted.  What's happening now is Hamas, which wants the total annihilation of Israel no matter what they claim, is willfully trying to provoke Israel into defending itself for PR purposes.  It's not just Hamas either, but neighboring states like Iran, who could do so much more for the Palestinians but instead use them as fodder to toss at their sworn enemy, Israel.

There are only two ways to stop the killings.  One is to stop attacking Israel whether it involves rockets, terrorist attacks, or hiding behind women and children.  The other way is to destroy Israel and drive the Jews into the sea.  That just ain't going to happen and no amount of wishful thinking by haters of Israel and/or Jew haters is going to change that.  They'd be better off not acting upon their fantasies and maintaining the non-existence of Israel on their maps. 

Dang, I missed this one! Fill me in. No. Let me guess. The libs are on the "Palestinians" side, and the conservatives are on Israel's side. 

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

Dang, I missed this one! Fill me in. No. Let me guess. The libs are on the "Palestinians" side, and the conservatives are on Israel's side. 

It's easier than that. The US supports Israel and it's illegal occupation of the West Bank and the UN and the Rest of the World, considers anything other than Israel's pre 1967 borders illegal.

16 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

The Jews in Israel know better than anyone about concentration camps and what has to be done to protect themselves so that it's not allowed to happen again as the world stands by and watches it happen ...

"The Jews in Israel" are not the only people to know about concentation camps, and not all concentration camps house gas chambers and crematoria.

The US had concentration camps on it's own soil during WW2 where they incarcerated ~ 120,000 citizens of Japanese ancestry, calling them 'internment' or 'incarceration' camps does not alter the fact that they were concentration camps.

Edited by WKDWZD

I see that a whole load of posts have been removed since my last vist. When I left it all seemed quite and peaceful, so what happened, did the usual suspects attempt to sabotage the thread same as the previous one?

So, to summarize what was lost in the moderators clear out. The Usual silly 'there was no such place as Palestine' canard was deployed by the usual posters. I Established that Palestine did exist and was to be found on every map of the time and that in fact In 1947, the newly formed United Nations accepted the idea to partition Palestine into a zone for the Jews (Israel) and a zone for the Arabs (Palestine). With this United Nations proposal, the British withdrew from the region on May 14th 1948. Much of what is occupied by Israel today is considered Illegally occupied by the UN and all of the world states with the exception of Israel and the US.

27 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

I see that a whole load of posts have been removed since my last vist. When I left it all seemed quite and peaceful, so what happened, did the usual suspects attempt to sabotage the thread same as the previous one?

Nope, no one called you a name.

17 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

The Jews in Israel know better than anyone about concentration camps and what has to be done to protect themselves so that it's not allowed to happen again as the world stands by and watches it happen.

The Jewish State of Israel, which has non-Jews in its Knesset, could easily wipe out the Palestinians if they wanted.  What's happening now is Hamas, which wants the total annihilation of Israel no matter what they claim, is willfully trying to provoke Israel into defending itself for PR purposes.  It's not just Hamas either, but neighboring states like Iran, who could do so much more for the Palestinians but instead use them as fodder to toss at their sworn enemy, Israel.

There are only two ways to stop the killings.  One is to stop attacking Israel whether it involves rockets, terrorist attacks, or hiding behind women and children.  The other way is to destroy Israel and drive the Jews into the sea.  That just ain't going to happen and no amount of wishful thinking by haters of Israel and/or Jew haters is going to change that.  They'd be better off not acting upon their fantasies and maintaining the non-existence of Israel on their maps. 

Shocker, you go off on a hyperbole.  :rolleyes:

But you seem to be making the argument that it's ok for Israel to treat Gaza like a concentration camp because Jews were once in concentration camps? 

12 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Shocker, you go off on a hyperbole.  :rolleyes:

But you seem to be making the argument that it's ok for Israel to treat Gaza like a concentration camp because Jews were once in concentration camps? 

But slaves should just get over it.

The hypocrisy of the right.

A visit to the Holocaust Museum would be beneficial to any and all who downplay the Holocaust and concentration camps used for Jews, Romany, homosexuals, and others by compare it to Gaza.  IMO, death trains, gassing of millions, and crematoriums tell a different tale than fits some agendas when such facts are willfully ignored in making such comparisons. 

The problem for some with the Jewish State of Israel is that it exists.  And, its existence, much to the chagrin of those who call for it to be destroyed and for the Jews to be driven into the sea, will continue despite the calls for its destruction and for Israel to bare its throat to its enemies. 

Sucks to be Hamas.