Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Maryland congressman Anthony Brown suffers minor stroke, is recovering at home

12 posts in this topic

LINK

Maryland congressman Anthony G. Brown had a minor stroke within a few hours of leaving the funeral of Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz on Friday.

The Washington Post reported Monday that spokesman Matt Verghese says Brown is expected to make a full recovery.

…The 56-year-old is recovering at home and has not set a definite date for his return to Capitol Hill.

Wishing Congressman Brown a full and complete recovery.  There's a time to put aside political differences and this is one of them.   

Best wishes, Congressman.

Damn Shame.  Anthony is too young to be a stroke victim.

Get better soon Congressman.

Hoping for a full recovery for Brown.

Stroke is the third leading cause of death for African American men. Have to be aware.

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

LINK

Wishing Congressman Brown a full and complete recovery.  There's a time to put aside political differences and this is one of them.   

Agreed. Hope this leads him not only to recovery but whatever he needs to do in order to achieve longevity. 

Gee, been a rough four years for Maryland politicians, hasn't it? One got cancer, one dead, now another with a stroke. 

On 5/15/2018 at 7:50 AM, Ode2Joy said:

LINK

Well said.  That is scary stuff and a full recovery would be a blessing.  Regardless of my opinion of his skill as a politician I have always thought he was a good man.  

Hopefully he will recover...and...more importantly....it was a 'warning' and he has time to re-adjust things so he can live a full life.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 0:22 PM, Dystopia said:

Gee, been a rough four years for Maryland politicians, hasn't it? One got cancer, one dead, now another with a stroke. 

I am beginning to wonder if there is something in the bio-sphere of Maryland...pollutants....bad water...etc.

I mean and I am not making a joke here ..OK. Look at the Raven's and the O's....how many 1 in 1M illnesses, injuries etc. have happened. Stuff I for one never heard of any other teams dealing with. Best example in the world: 

The Baltimore Orioles trade pitchers Curt Schilling, Pete Harnisch and outfielder Steve Finley to the Houston Astros for First Baseman Glenn Davis.

Then he gets some sort of rare nerve disease...finally recovers.....gets hit by a line drive ... IN THE DUG OUT...no less. Career over.

5 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Seems he was the one that put together the study that had maryland drop the death penalty.  Not that maryland used it very much.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0513/lt-governor-anthony-brown-statement-on-formal-end-of-marylands-death-penalty.html

Anthony Brown seems  to be a pretty nice guy, I wish him a fast and strong recovery, politics be damned. 

Sorry to hear this. Prayers for a fast recovery. :(