Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

SMH: White Woman Calls The Cops On A Black Real Estate Investor Who's Inspecting A House Next Door!

33 posts in this topic

And the cops sided with him.

A Memphis real estate investor recorded an encounter with a disgruntled neighbor who tried to have him arrested while working on one of his houses.  Michael Hayes, who uploaded the incident on YouTube on May 5, said in the video he was there that day to take photos of a house he has a contract on.

He said a neighbor ran outside while he was removing the board from the door of the vacant house.  Hayes said she yelled at him, asking what he was doing. He said he explained to her that he has a contract on the house and was there to inspect it.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

It clearly shows that in the video after he showed his paperwork.  There was also a black cop with the white cop so it made it a civil situation.

Edited by EgyptKang

some pretty hateful and crazy people out here.

not long ago some crazy old geezer murdered a man and his brother as they were checking out their property.

Posted (edited)

Don't know why its a racial thing. I left my house back in pasadena abandoned for a while as I first tried to market it as a rental, then as a sale-- other houses in the neighborhood went abandoned- I mean really abandoned and languished through foreclosure-- I guess for this reason my former next door neighbor thought I had similarly abandoned not just in body but in ownership as well, which I didn't do-- just FYI, everyone involved here is white---- and it came a time I sent some relatives there to retrieve    some things I left behind  and the former neighbors called  the cops on them despite them saying they were my relatives, these  two acted like  someone died and appointed them sheriff and ordered my folks off my property until the cops came there-- after some back and forth the cops called me and I told them I still owned it and that my folks had my permission to be there-- so all was good - for then-  but the former neighbors continued to call the cops every time I sent anybody there for any reason and  we had to go through this routine several times until I finally sold it.  

Edited by Saticon3

10 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

Don't know why its a racial thing. I left my house back in pasadena abandoned for a while as I first tried to market it as a rental, then as a sale-- other houses in the neighborhood went abandoned- I mean really abandoned and languished through foreclosure-- I guess for this reason my former next door neighbor thought I had similarly abandoned not just in body but in ownership as well, which I didn't do-- just FYI, everyone involved here is white---- and it came a time I sent some relatives there to retrieve    some things I left behind  and the former neighbors called  the cops on them despite them saying they were my relatives, these  two acted like  someone died and appointed them sheriff and ordered my folks off my property until the cops came there-- after some back and forth the cops called me and I told them I still owned it and that my folks had my permission to be there-- so all was good - for then-  but the former neighbors continued to call the cops every time I sent anybody there for any reason and  we had to go through this routine several times until I finally sold it.  

Yeah, a neighbor sees someone removing boards from a door and gets suspicious. But a story about a white guy doing it would draw no interest. Just more media stirring the pot for views.

18 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

They believed you over the phone.  The blacks needed documents proving they belonged there.  That is a big be the difference.

See something, say something......

7 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

They believed you over the phone.  The blacks needed documents proving they belonged there.  That is a big be the difference.

He doesn't get that.

white women uncomfortable with Native Americans at a college, complaining about a black woman sleeping in the commons of Yale

is this mass hysteria among white women?

On 5/15/2018 at 8:58 PM, EgyptKang said:

It clearly shows that in the video after he showed his paperwork.  There was also a black cop with the white cop so it made it a civil situation.

I didn’t see either cop act uncivil 

11 hours ago, mrsmlh said:

Yes.  Because the cops called him 

4 hours ago, EgyptKang said:

He doesn't get that.

Re-read his post

11 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

See something, say something......

Only when they’re black, apparently. 

41 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Only when they’re black, apparently. 

Black people sell news ......

39 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Black people sell news ......

Only when there's discrimination, whether real or perceived.

Why do you think that is? Could it have something to do with who is in the oval office?

Things seem worse to me, racially, than they ever have in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

Yes.  Because the cops called him 

In Saticon's case, they believed him over the phone with no further proof. In the OP's case, further proof of ownership was needed before he was believed.

37 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

In Saticon's case, they believed him over the phone with no further proof. In the OP's case, further proof of ownership was needed before he was believed.

Of course they did. Because the police called the phone number for the owner of the house that was listed on the deed. 

1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

Only when there's discrimination, whether real or perceived.

Why do you think that is? Could it have something to do with who is in the oval office?

Things seem worse to me, racially, than they ever have in my lifetime.

No, I believe its the increase in social media. Its easier to make your opinion known now. Even if you have nothing to do with it.

Example: There was a story on Today this morning. There was video posted about a woman's college graduation where her boyfriend proposed. People posted upset that it took away on her accomplishment and made it about him.

The media eats this up, and it gets views and lets people see ads.

29 minutes ago, Dinglehopper said:

Of course they did. Because the police called the phone number for the owner of the house that was listed on the deed. 

Yes, in both cases the police called the home owner - in one case the home owner was taken at his word and in the other case, documents proved he had a right to be there.

BTW I think the cops in the OP handled it perfectly.  

1 minute ago, mrsmlh said:

Yes, in both cases the police called the home owner - in one case the home owner was taken at his word and in the other case, documents proved he had a right to be there.

BTW I think the cops in the OP handled it perfectly.  

Was the guy in the original story a homeowner? I thought he was a guy who had a contract pending? And they didn’t call him. The cops were called by the crazy Nut Lady next-door.

3 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

I didn’t see either cop act uncivil 

Please show me where I say they were uncivil.

4 minutes ago, EgyptKang said:

Please show me where I say they were uncivil.

What makes you say they were only civil because there was a black officer?