Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EgyptKang

Pence Should be ‘Subservient to Trump,’ That’s His Role, Former White House Official Says

25 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pence-subservient-trump-role-former-125542592.html

Vice President Mike Pence may be taking up more of the spotlight on the political stage than President Donald Trump likes. The president reportedly was not going to speak at the National Rifle Association’s convention earlier this month but plans changed when Trump heard Pence was speaking, Politico reported.

aww the reality star is not only jealous of President Obama he is also in competition with his vp.

Pathetic.

Trump is such a poser. I wonder if he calls Melania "mother" like creepy Pence does with his wife.

Edited by Pickle20

Well President Trump is Vice President Pence's boss, so it does make some sense. Sorry if you don't like the chain of command.

49 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Well President Trump is Vice President Pence's boss, so it does make some sense. Sorry if you don't like the chain of command.

A strong VP should be the President's strongest critic.  Nobody else has that perspective.  But we know how well Trump responds to criticism.

6 hours ago, ms maggie said:

A strong VP should be the President's strongest critic.  Nobody else has that perspective.  But we know how well Trump responds to criticism.

No doubt, you tested that theory with your superiors over the course of your career right? You either spent long periods of time unemployed, or you’re being a little disengenuous. Let me spin the wheel. :lol:

16 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

No doubt, you tested that theory with your superiors over the course of your career right? You either spent long periods of time unemployed, or you’re being a little disengenuous. Let me spin the wheel. :lol:

Weak people surround themselves with sycophants. Strong people don't. Pick up a copy of Team of Rivals. (That's a book about Lincoln's cabinet).

Oh I did ok in my career. Loved your terminology, "superiors", tells me a lot.

7 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Tell me again, for the first time, how one’s subordinate, should be a critic of the boss, and not face repercussions? Let’s use the Vice President of the United States as an example. 

Edited by volperdinger

The duties of the Vice President: 

• The Vice President is the President of the Senate and can preside over it.
  • He casts a vote in the Senate when there is a tie.
  • He assumes the powers of the President upon the death, resignation or incapacitation of the President.

Kinda easy work, if you can get it. :);)

13 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Tell me again, for the first time, how one’s subordinate, should be a critic of the boss, and not face repercussions? Let’s use the Vice President of the United States as an example. 

https://hbr.org/2009/04/leadership-lessons-from-abraham-lincoln

And just to be sure, you understand that being a critic entails pointing out both the good and the bad? 

Of course you do.

I love how you try to normalize toadyism. 

Tell me, imagine you had a position with incredible power and responsibility. Would you prefer a sycophant who constantly praised you? Or someone who would give you an honest assessment?

Edited by ms maggie

Righties are all about subservience, as the blind worship of power is their real god.

Notice how regarding the leaks, they were enraged not by the deed done by those in power, but the fact that anyone under them dared to disobey and report it.

Edited by Calamari

Old wooden head Pence is America's Marshall Petain, Vidkun Quisling or the countless brainless British aristocracy who did their best to ally themselves with the Nazis. They are empty vessels easily filled by the highest bidder.  They cover themselves with sanctimonious excuse-making until they crumble in a heap of tears in the docket. These republican empty suits are America's best on offer? Is McCain the last honest man in the party? Why don't the republicans step forward? I catch grief for not splitting hairs differentiating  a republican versus a racketeering collaborator but from my seat all I see is a RICO violation, not a political party. 

Edited by zenwalk

7 minutes ago, ms maggie said:

And just to be sure, you understand that being a critic entails pointing out both the good and the bad? 

Of course you do.

Tell me, imagine you had a position with incredible power and responsibility. Would you prefer a sycophant who constantly praised you? Or someone who would give you an honest assessment?

As if you’ve been a critic of “both sides”, in any thread ever! Thanks for the comedy relief! 

You’re one of the worst partisans ever to comment here. Are you serious? You’ve never exposed yourself to the other side,  other side, let alone contemplate it. :lol::lol:  

11 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

As if you’ve been a critic of “both sides”, in any thread ever! Thanks for the comedy relief! 

You’re one of the worst partisans ever to comment here. Are you serious? You’ve never exposed yourself to the other side,  other side, let alone contemplate it. :lol::lol:  

You seem to be dodging her questions.

3 minutes ago, Calamari said:

When you are checkmated and all done in, rely on birthday party magic tricks.

1 minute ago, Calamari said:

What questions? I provided a link to my thread topic that explains why Mueller came to that conclusion. She made a conscience decision to negate the topic by trashing Guiliani while ignoring the source. Sounds like you’re both in denial. 

Just now, volperdinger said:

What questions? I provided a link to my thread topic that explains why Mueller came to that conclusion. She made a conscience decision to negate the topic by trashing Guiliani while ignoring the source. Sounds like you’re both in denial. 

You are still dodging.

Anyone who is fooled by volperdinger's evasion, raise your hand.

13 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

When you are checkmated and all done in, rely on birthday party magic tricks.

“Checkmated”? :lol:

Feel free to weigh in on the subject at hand, and make a counterpoint to the source, instead of juvenile attacks. 

16 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

“Checkmated”? :lol:

Feel free to weigh in on the subject at hand, and make a counterpoint to the source, instead of juvenile attacks. 

You've already been given a flash lesson in collaboration. You've not rebutted a word. I'd digest that first before moving on. It's indispensable content in understanding the weak sisters that surround your manchild. You want more content?

At this point, it’s important to reconsider where Pence fits into the timeline of potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia—and any efforts to obstruct the investigations into that potential collusion—which are still the subjects of Mueller’s investigation. Key questions are: What does Pence know and when did he know it? More specifically: What did Pence know about Michael Flynn and his Russian contacts in January 2017? And did he participate in the cover-up and in obstruction of justice of that investigation, which ultimately resulted in a guilty plea and cooperation deal by Flynn? Here are some of the key dates, some of which I have previously laid out in Slate and other publications:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/mike-pence-calls-for-an-end-to-the-mueller-probe-what-is-he-afraid-of.html

Edited by zenwalk

3 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

The duties of the Vice President: 

• The Vice President is the President of the Senate and can preside over it.
  • He casts a vote in the Senate when there is a tie.
  • He assumes the powers of the President upon the death, resignation or incapacitation of the President.

Kinda easy work, if you can get it. :);)

Good because Pence seems stressed about eating with women other than his wife.

Imagine something really taxing.

5 hours ago, Calamari said:

Righties are all about subservience, as the blind worship of power is their real god.

Notice how regarding the leaks, they were enraged not by the deed done by those in power, but the fact that anyone under them dared to disobey and report it.

Bingo!!!

9 hours ago, Boobie said:

at least Pence doesn't fondle young girls like his predecessor did.

Nope we have a Prez who does that now. 

Progress. 

11 hours ago, volperdinger said:

I would have bet anything you wouldn't answer my question.

You can't. Not covered in the Trump fellators' talking points handbook.

So you just flail about with the tired schtick. You're starting to bore me.

12 hours ago, ms maggie said:

Of course you do.

We all know his answer to that.

11 hours ago, volperdinger said:

Why the personal attack? The discussion is about power and the vice president's role to critique the president, not what some forum poster does.

Edited by NCBirdfan
left out the period.