Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Kim Jong Un’s canny strategy to confound Trump.

47 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

If I were you, neither would I.

22 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Petrol is already twice that a gallon here and Domestic Air Conditioning is very rare in the UK. ;)

You don’t have to prove your courage to me in any other way. If I didn’t have air conditioning I’d be looking for a sturdy rafter and a strong length of rope.

19 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

If I were you, neither would I.

I usually wait till the games over before celebrating a win. If I do, it will be a US win.

8 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

I usually wait till the games over before celebrating a win. If I do, it will be a US win.

My side isn't the one celebrating. We know this has little chance of going anywhere unless of coourse the nuclear teat area is buried under a mountain as has been claimed in the foreign press. That might make a difference but more than likely Jung Un will make our president his biotch as Putin has. 

12 hours ago, zenwalk said:

My side isn't the one celebrating. We know this has little chance of going anywhere unless of coourse the nuclear teat area is buried under a mountain as has been claimed in the foreign press. That might make a difference but more than likely Jung Un will make our president his biotch as Putin has. 

To bad you see it that way. Putin ally Iran  just got out in their place by the US. China for the first time in history has upheld tough sanctions on NK. The US attacked  Putin ally Assad repeatedly destroying their airfields. If that’s being a “biotch”, then the “biotch” is slapping Putin all over the place. :lol:

3 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

To bad you see it that way. Putin ally Iran  just got out in their place by the US. China for the first time in history has upheld tough sanctions on NK. The US attacked  Putin ally Assad repeatedly destroying their airfields. If that’s being a “biotch”, then the “biotch” is slapping Putin all over the place. :lol:

You are making a lot of assumptions here, which is what happens a lot with Trump because so much of what he does is for the sake of appearance. But you know what happenes when we assume?

What is particularly interesting about this story is that the developments in Korea aren't based on our enemy's fear of Trump, its based on our ally's fear of him.

4 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

You mean like the last missile attack where Trump kindly have them 3 days advance notice and delivered no real damage?  Way to waste millions of dollars just so Trump can show he is doing something.

19 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

You can't contain your glee can you? Do you realize Kim keeping his nukes is a bad thing? 

Save your hand wringing.  Of course NK having nukes is bad.

I am clearly poking fun at the ridiculous Trump supporters acting as if this were all a done deal.  I know Donny need a win, and bad, but the celebration was way premature.

Nothing has happened with NK. In a bid to make China even greater China got its telecom business back courtesy of funding an Indonesian Trump Tower. We phoned Putin and Assad before the air strike you referenced. America is making Trump rich but as for America getting great again? I'll have some of what you are smoking.

Actually we didn't repeatedly destroy any airfields.  We gave them advanced warning so that they could move everything and then we dusted an airfield which was operational in a matter of hours.

21 hours ago, ms maggie said:

No, not "as well". They are in the driver's seat. NK cannot survive without them. Us they don't need.

$506 billion in goods  the US imported from China in 2017.  No they don't need us  ....lol

read more, post less, you'll appear brighter that way

Edited by Boobie

1 hour ago, FormerlySouthSide said:

Save your hand wringing.  Of course NK having nukes is bad.

I am clearly poking fun at the ridiculous Trump supporters acting as if this were all a done deal.  I know Donny need a win, and bad, but the celebration was way premature.

Who said it was a done deal? I thought Trump said "we'll see". Bill Maher is far from a "Trump supporter", but he at least is giving this a chance. Once again, who is celebrating? I haven't saw anybody saying it's a "done deal". Do you have a link, or even a post where somebody claims NK has completely destroyed all their nukes, which is the only outcome that Trump will accept.

30 minutes ago, Boobie said:

$506 billion in goods  the US imported from China in 2017.  No they don't need us  ....lol

It must be terrible to be a liberal these days. Think about it. Just because Trump is POTUS ,they see anything positive that happens to our country as a bad thing.

39 minutes ago, Boobie said:

NK doesn't need us.

Tough to follow the thread is it?

As for China? Who owns whose debt? And who is on the down side of that balance of trade? How can you possibly not know that? Your boy Trump never stops bleating about it.

Hard out here for a dolt. Facts, numbers...I bet your poor little head hurts.

Edited by ms maggie

2 hours ago, zenwalk said:

Nothing has happened with NK. In a bid to make China even greater China got its telecom business back courtesy of funding an Indonesian Trump Tower. We phoned Putin and Assad before the air strike you referenced. America is making Trump rich but as for America getting great again? I'll have some of what you are smoking.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi7_d__uI3bAhWislkKHa8wCc0QFghPMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fnews%2Fnationworld%2Fct-china-pressures-north-korea-20180406-story.html&usg=AOvVaw0J54aStxOJdVFtfe8ub9t4

on North Korean exports by China, which he said are by now "certainly biting."

"Why is Kim venturing his offer now? My impression is he is feeling very strong pressure from China's virtual embargo on North Korea's exports, and what he must see as a gradual ratcheting down of needed imports, even petroleum," Brown wrote in a recent blog post. "This is an enormous economic hit of a sort the country has never had to deal with on this scale."

1 hour ago, Boobie said:

Too funny, does anyone else see Boobie's deliberate mistake here?

If it wasn't so tragic, it'd be funny.

On 5/16/2018 at 2:58 PM, mrdeltoid said:

China needs to cooperate as well. Like I said, they can't bail them out. If China changes up and helps NK again, it will hurt China in the world community.

China is and has been helping NK and it hasn't hurt them one bit in the world community and that's just a fact

2 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

Too funny, does anyone else see Boobie's deliberate mistake here?

If it wasn't so tragic, it'd be funny.

That poster lives up to his name with every post :lol::lol: 

12 hours ago, banner1124 said:

China is and has been helping NK and it hasn't hurt them one bit in the world community and that's just a fact

According to the link I posted China has put more pressure on NK then ever before. THAT, is just a fact, that is backed up by a link. Guess you didn’t read it. Oh well.....

5 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

According to the link I posted China has put more pressure on NK then ever before. THAT, is just a fact, that is backed up by a link. Guess you didn’t read it. Oh well.....

According to what link you posted?  I hope you're not talking about the one a few posts up are you?  I mean, that'd be kind of low to chastise me for not having read a link that wasn't even here when I made my post

34 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

According to what link you posted?  I hope you're not talking about the one a few posts up are you?  I mean, that'd be kind of low to chastise me for not having read a link that wasn't even here when I made my post

You said your statement was “just a fact”. Not my fault you didn’t research it. 

37 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

BTW, the link was posted 2 hours before your post. Sorry