Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blowboatbethesda

South Carolina NAACP President Claims He Was Racially Profiled During Traffic Stop, but Bodycam Video Tells a Different Story

47 posts in this topic

Seems like a lot of the deflection.  Posters trying to get it deleted again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dinglehopper said:

Seems like a lot of the deflection.  Posters trying to get it deleted again.

Yeah, instead of actually talking about it. 

I agree with the community activist that said this incident has set them back. This could have a negative impact on the real racial profiling cases that are out there. 

What was the purpose of the Reverends Facebook post and the flat out lies?  Did he not know he was wearing a camera?  I just assume all cops are wearing cameras these days. Why even post about it?  He's supposed to be a leader in the community, he could have used this as a positive instead of lying and trying to ruin this cops career. He could have proven that not all interactions with police are bad interactions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He may have been upset that the officer didn't accept his tag transfer papers. Still not a legit reason to lie on FB but as someone who went through the frustrating experience of having a dealer sit on the tag transfer last year and eventually fail to do it, sending me to the MVA several times, I can understand the frustration. But it's still not an excuse to lie. Discrimination is horrible and needs to end, but it's also not diplomatic immunity, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Query.

Your response. I'm requesting supporting evidence for your post.

My response.

Another non-response response. Thanks.

To clarify, I opined that defenders of this irate and lying motorist would very likely excuse his behavior because of the history of slavery and systemic racism in this country, as opposed to holding him responsible for his actions. And indeed that did occur in the other thread. Doubtful that my opinion on that issue got the thread deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bogart said:

Yes Papi is the one that cause the thread to be deleted with his nasty racist remarks but what else is new.  It got deleted as I was posting my response to the nasty vile statements.

Please feel free to produce any "nasty racist remarks" that I have EVER posted here. And that would be a real definition of racist, not yours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Papi said:

To clarify, I opined that defenders of this irate and lying motorist would very likely excuse his behavior because of the history of slavery and systemic racism in this country, as opposed to holding him responsible for his actions. And indeed that did occur in the other thread. Doubtful that my opinion on that issue got the thread deleted.

It didn't occur. Not how you "opined". Not even close, actually. Someone speculated there could be another tape, or that the racial stuff happened off camera. The words "slavery" and "systemic racism" were never used. Nice try.

Edited by Pickle20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

He may have been upset that the officer didn't accept his tag transfer papers. Still not a legit reason to lie on FB but as someone who went through the frustrating experience of having a dealer sit on the tag transfer last year and eventually fail to do it, sending me to the MVA several times, I can understand the frustration. But it's still not an excuse to lie. Discrimination is horrible and needs to end, but it's also not diplomatic immunity, either.

There are so many factors fueling racism and this kind of stunt coming from a leader in the NAACP only makes it much worse. Shame on him, he should be stripped of his seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Cowboyz said:

There are so many factors fueling racism and this kind of stunt coming from a leader in the NAACP only makes it much worse. Shame on him, he should be stripped of his seat. 

No disagreement here. I said the same thing about the guy who pulled that crap about getting ticketed in Baltimore. 

Edited by Pickle20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

It didn't occur. Not how you "opined". Not even close, actually. Someone speculated there could be another tape, or that the racial stuff happened off camera. The words "slavery" and "systemic racism" were never used. Nice try.

Your "not even close" is not even close. If you don't like how I express my opinions that's your problem, not mine. I stand by my posts. Deal with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but did he write a pejorative on the ticket? No? So are we supposed to care about the race-baiting lies about this officer told by a SC NAACP President whose job it is to represent his community? We have important things going on you know! LIke a barista using a bad word on a coffee cup! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, Sprightly said:

Imagine if you and others would just live one of the days left in your life when everything bad that happens isn't judged by WWTD or WDDD?

:rolleyes:

 

imagine if you'd say what you mean and mean what you say.

I mean this in a nice way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Papi said:

Please feel free to produce any "nasty racist remarks" that I have EVER posted here. And that would be a real definition of racist, not yours. 

Crickets from my accuser. Typical of people who accuse anyone who does not cowtow to their specific way of thinking of being "racists". A terribly overused term these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Papi said:

Crickets from my accuser. Typical of people who accuse anyone who does not cowtow to their specific way of thinking of being "racists". A terribly overused term these days. 

He might still be sleeping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

He might still be sleeping.

Since 4:13 yesterday afternoon? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Papi said:

Your "not even close" is not even close. If you don't like how I express my opinions that's your problem, not mine. I stand by my posts. Deal with it. 

Your opinion on this particular thing had no basis in reality. You made one of those theoretical accusations, which was crazy to begin with, and then jack-hammered someone's unrelated comment into that hole to try and make it fit. It didn't. Deal with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ODENTON said:

imagine if you'd say what you mean and mean what you say.

I mean this in a nice way.

I do say what I mean. Whatever makes you think that I've ever been shy about expressing my opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Your opinion on this particular thing had no basis in reality. You made one of those theoretical accusations, which was crazy to begin with, and then jack-hammered someone's unrelated comment into that hole to try and make it fit. It didn't. Deal with that.

Your opinion of my opinion is duly noted. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't it Einstein who allegedly said ...   The definition of insanity is starting the same threads over and over again and expecting a different result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I do say what I mean. Whatever makes you think that I've ever been shy about expressing my opinions?

You aren't expressing the opinion he wants you to express.  Apparently he knows what your "real" opinion is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

You aren't expressing the opinion he wants you to express.  Apparently he knows what your "real" opinion is.  

Happens a lot on here .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Happens a lot on here .......

Sure does.  He can't disagree with what she said so instead, he's disagreeing with what she didn't say and pretending that she has a "secret narrative" that she's trying to keep secret by he is able to decipher using special powers.  :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ODENTON said:

imagine if you'd say what you mean and mean what you say.

I mean this in a nice way.

I think she was very clear about pointing out that SC NAACP president, whose job is to represent his community, was caught telling race-baiting lies about the officer.  

What part of that do you disagree with and think not to be correct or false? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0