volperdinger

Mueller’s Sham “Investigation” Appears To Be On Life Support

185 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Lol.....

So call me when someone gets charged with some of these real crimes involving the presidential election  ......

More than 20 indictments and five guilty pleas

among those indicted...

trump foreign policy advisor

trump nat security advisor

trump campaign manager

trump assistant campaign manager

what planet are you living on?

5 hours ago, JoyinMudville said:

More than 20 indictments and five guilty pleas

among those indicted...

trump foreign policy advisor

trump nat security advisor

trump campaign manager

trump assistant campaign manager

what planet are you living on?

Some are more than 10 years before the election and most involving "lying" about things that weren't criminal ......

Like I said, give me a call when he finds that collusion, meanwhile enjoy your stormy Daniels dvd......

55 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Some are more than 10 years before the election and most involving "lying" about things that weren't criminal ......

Like I said, give me a call when he finds that collusion, meanwhile enjoy your stormy Daniels dvd......

Actually, Flynn lying about contacting Russia’s ambassador over the U.N. vote on Israeli settlements makes sense now in the context of Israeli Intelligence operatives offering to help Trump get elected. 

11 hours ago, soulflower said:

All Nunes and Trump are accomplishing is giving our enemies information about how the FBI’s counter-intelligence agents operate and in what way foreign governments work with the FBI.

Congrats morons

apparently the post you quoted got removed....did someone decide posting information from the Washington Post was against the TOS?

must have hit a nerve with one of the resident trump sycophants...

gotta remember, this is the same party that outed Valarie Plame....party comes begore country, always...

worth repeating....

guess again.....not surprised you can't tell fact from fiction....read this, it is from somebody who actually knows how the system works....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/05/18/if-the-fbi-used-an-informant-it-wasnt-to-go-after-trump-it-was-to-protect-him/?utm_term=.8d12c403d087

But Trump and his backers are wrong about what it means that the FBI reportedly was using a confidential source to gather information early in its investigation of possible campaign ties to Russia. The investigation started out as a counterintelligence probe, not a criminal one.  And relying on a covert source rather than a more intrusive method of gathering information suggests that the FBI may have been acting cautiously — perhaps too cautiously — to protect the campaign, not undermine it.

As a former FBI counterintelligence agent, I know what Trump apparently does not: Counterintelligence investigations have a different purpose than their criminal counterparts. Rather than trying to find evidence of a crime, the FBI’s counterintelligence goal is to identify, monitor and neutralize foreign intelligence activity in the United States. In short, this entails identifying foreign intelligence officers and their network of agents; uncovering their motives and methods; and ultimately rendering their operations ineffective — either by clandestinely thwarting them (say, by feeding back misinformation or “flipping” their sources into double agents) or by exposing them.

see the difference trumpanzees?? you all want to gloss over the fact this was a counter-intelligence investigation....not a real surprise...the author gives you all a cold slap in the face...I guess you, the all knowing trumpanzees will discount her real knowledge and say your is better....carry on whining you sad sack of snowflakes....

anyone want to dispute this former FBI agent?

21 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

apparently the post you quoted got removed....did someone decide posting information from the Washington Post was against the TOS?

must have hit a nerve with one of the resident trump sycophants...

gotta remember, this is the same party that outed Valarie Plame....party comes begore country, always...

There was a time this wasn't the case, and defending the constitution was more important than party.  Some of us are old enough to remember Watergate.  Despite a Republican Majority, impeachment would have happened, and there was a very good chance 2/3 of the Senate would have convicted.  Come to think of it, the parallels between Trump's presidency and Nixon's are amazing.  They say history doesn't repeat, but it is certainly a 1st cousin.

34 minutes ago, can you hear me now! said:

worth repeating....

guess again.....not surprised you can't tell fact from fiction....read this, it is from somebody who actually knows how the system works....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/05/18/if-the-fbi-used-an-informant-it-wasnt-to-go-after-trump-it-was-to-protect-him/?utm_term=.8d12c403d087

But Trump and his backers are wrong about what it means that the FBI reportedly was using a confidential source to gather information early in its investigation of possible campaign ties to Russia. The investigation started out as a counterintelligence probe, not a criminal one.  And relying on a covert source rather than a more intrusive method of gathering information suggests that the FBI may have been acting cautiously — perhaps too cautiously — to protect the campaign, not undermine it.

As a former FBI counterintelligence agent, I know what Trump apparently does not: Counterintelligence investigations have a different purpose than their criminal counterparts. Rather than trying to find evidence of a crime, the FBI’s counterintelligence goal is to identify, monitor and neutralize foreign intelligence activity in the United States. In short, this entails identifying foreign intelligence officers and their network of agents; uncovering their motives and methods; and ultimately rendering their operations ineffective — either by clandestinely thwarting them (say, by feeding back misinformation or “flipping” their sources into double agents) or by exposing them.

see the difference trumpanzees?? you all want to gloss over the fact this was a counter-intelligence investigation....not a real surprise...the author gives you all a cold slap in the face...I guess you, the all knowing trumpanzees will discount her real knowledge and say your is better....carry on whining you sad sack of snowflakes....

anyone want to dispute this former FBI agent?

LOL... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/sunday-review/russia-isnt-the-only-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html

“If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically, he said, “and I hope we keep doing it.”

Loch K. Johnson, the dean of American intelligence scholars, who began his career in the 1970s investigating the C.I.A. as a staff member of the Senate’s Church Committee, says Russia’s 2016 operation was simply the cyber-age version of standard United States practice for decades, whenever American officials were worried about a foreign vote.  We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, now at the University of Georgia. “We’ve used posters, pamphlets, mailers, banners — you name it. We’ve planted false information in foreign newspapers. We’ve used what the British call ‘King George’s cavalry’: suitcases of cash.”

3 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Manafort's indictment specifically discusses activities through 2016. 

Collusion has already been established by George P as well as by Don Jr's emails which he himself released to the public. Wrong again.

30 minutes ago, workerbee said:

LOL... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/sunday-review/russia-isnt-the-only-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html

“If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically, he said, “and I hope we keep doing it.”

Loch K. Johnson, the dean of American intelligence scholars, who began his career in the 1970s investigating the C.I.A. as a staff member of the Senate’s Church Committee, says Russia’s 2016 operation was simply the cyber-age version of standard United States practice for decades, whenever American officials were worried about a foreign vote.  We’ve been doing this kind of thing since the C.I.A. was created in 1947,” said Mr. Johnson, now at the University of Georgia. “We’ve used posters, pamphlets, mailers, banners — you name it. We’ve planted false information in foreign newspapers. We’ve used what the British call ‘King George’s cavalry’: suitcases of cash.”

This came up before in another context and whichever country it was did not have laws against foreign countries interfering in their elections.

Here, Russia is claiming that our government directly interfered in their election, but is not claiming that it was illegal:

https://nypost.com/2017/12/27/now-russia-is-accusing-us-of-meddling-in-its-election/

13 hours ago, volperdinger said:

The dossier has been largely verified? Interesting adjective. Who has verified it?

DOJ and Congressional investigations. Carter Page meetings w Russians? Yep. Manafort stuff? Flynn? Yep and yep.