Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dinglehopper

Trump supporting bigot berates Spanish speaking deli employees

61 posts in this topic

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2018/5/16/17362712/white-man-lawyer-threatens-spanish-speaking-workers-new-york-aaron-schlossberg

Your staff is speaking Spanish to customers when they should be speaking English,” he says to one employee in the video. “This is America.”

When other people inside the lunch spot laugh, the man threatens to call ICE, which has the power to detain and deport undocumented immigrants. It’s important to note that there’s no apparent reason for him to think that the workers are in the country illegally except for their race.

“My guess is they’re not documented, so my next call is to ICE to have each one of them kicked out of my country,” he says. “They have the balls to come here and live off of my money? I pay for their welfare; I pay for their ability to be here. The least they could do, the least they could do is speak English.”

These snowflakes get upset by the smallest things.

Edited by Dinglehopper

True story.

In January I was in Costa Rica with a bunch of friends, one a rabid Trump supporter.  While in a grocery store in CR her credit card wouldn’t go through, very angry she raised her voice and said “Doesn’t anyone speak English in this store?” Horrified the rest of us in unison said “You know you are in a foreign country, right?”.

Duh.

8 minutes ago, songfourone said:

True story.

In January I was in Costa Rica with a bunch of friends, one a rabid Trump supporter.  While in a grocery store in CR her credit card wouldn’t go through, very angry she raised her voice and said “Doesn’t anyone speak English in this store?” Horrified the rest of us in unison said “You know you are in a foreign country, right?”.

Duh.

Narcissism is like that.

44 minutes ago, Boobie said:

sounds like a poorly run business.  English is King throughout Central America.

Ugh, another ugly American.

16 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Ugh, another ugly American.

Maybe.  Ugly for sure 

And this happened in Manhattan,  of all places.  Not some out-of-the-way Podunk. 

56 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

And this happened in Manhattan,  of all places.  Not some out-of-the-way Podunk. 

Racism and Xenophobia exists in NYC

Didnt the late great governor Schaefer do much the same thing once?

I love how the right gets bent out of shape when you call people like this fellow "deplorable."

This is another video supposedly of the same guy in 2016 where he deliberately walked into a guy in NY and called him names for being a foreigner (he’s not.)

29 minutes ago, Saticon3 said:

Didnt the late great governor Schaefer do much the same thing once?

I do remember Schaefer telling a store clerk that he should speak English even though the clerk was speaking English with an accent; however, I do not remember him saying that he was going to call ICE or that he pays for the clerk's welfare or that the clerk should be deported

What a jerk.

Hope he loses his job over this. I wouldn't want him representing me in court.

9 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

What a jerk.

Hope he loses his job over this. I wouldn't want him representing me in court.

Unfortunately, he can't really lose his job since it's his own law firm. 

7 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

Unfortunately, he can't really lose his job since it's his own law firm. 

The backlash will hurt enough, I suppose.

43 minutes ago, Calamari said:

I love how the right gets bent out of shape when you call people like this fellow "deplorable."

He is deplorable. No question. If he's also a Trump supporter he's a moron. I hope his business as an attorney takes a deep hit as a result of his tirade.

As a person who considers himself right of center politically what I get bent out of shape about is when some fool like that attorney makes an arse of himself and then folks left of center seek to portray such behavior as somehow "typical" of conservatives. 

4 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The backlash will hurt enough, I suppose.

Hopefully it will hurt a lot.

1 minute ago, Papi said:

He is deplorable. No question. If he's also a Trump supporter he's a moron. I hope his business as an attorney takes a deep hit as a result of his tirade.

As a person who considers himself right of center politically what I get bent out of shape about is when some fool like that attorney makes an arse of himself and then folks left of center seek to portray such behavior as somehow "typical" of conservatives. 

His behavior is only typical of a person with some sort of mental disorder. He’s going to confront the wrong person one of these days.