Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NCBirdfan

"These aren’t people. These are animals.”"

117 posts in this topic

Just now, NCBirdfan said:

Haven't you heard? Mexicans that cross the border are MS-13. And some are assumed to be good people.

Maybe you did, but the audio I heard he was talking about MS-13 gang members.

1 minute ago, workerbee said:

Allow me!  ANIMALS!

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/woodbridge-man-allegedly-killed-by-ms-13-gang-members-didnt-have-any-gang-ties-police-say
"There are new details about a Woodbridge man who police said was murdered by MS-13 gang members."

"Manuel Enrique Robles Lopez, 21, Erick Alexander Contreras Navarro, 23, Denis Ludwin Espinal Alvares, 19, and a 17-year-old boy have been charged with Amaya’s murder.    “The ones they already have in jail, I definitely think they should be in jail for the rest of their lives for what they did,” said Amaya’s uncle. “For the ones still on the street, I think they should search them as much as they can. I think they should make sure that the community is still alive, safe.”

Navarro and Alvares were arrested in North Carolina while Lopez and the juvenile were arrested in Prince William County.

Detectives discovered the suspects are MS-13 gang members. At least two of them are in the country illegally as U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has issued detainers for them."

Anytime anyone calls a group of people "animals" or "savages" or "thugs" or "(fill in the blank here)" it gives the oppressors their "justification" to treat them inhumanely and cruelly. It you treat people as animals, who really is inhuman?

1 hour ago, NCBirdfan said:

Racists don't like being called racists. But racists consistently define racism and bigotry on their own terms.

Correct.  I use the dictionary terms, people like you make up your own definitions.  What does that make you?

2 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Maybe you did, but the audio I heard he was talking about MS-13 gang members.

You have a history of not catching or understanding nuances. This is another one of those times.

Racists don't like being called racists. But racists consistently define racism and bigotry on their own terms.

8 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Correct.  I use the dictionary terms, people like you make up your own definitions.  What does that make you?

Are you claiming to be a racist now?

1 minute ago, NCBirdfan said:

Are you claiming to be a racist now?

Using the dictionary is not using your own terms in my understanding of the English language.

I hate Trump and think he is human garbage and anyone who thinks he isn't racist is lying to themselves.  But he was clearly talking about MS-13 and not illegal immigrants in general.

7 minutes ago, gillytech said:

I hate Trump and think he is human garbage and anyone who thinks he isn't racist is lying to themselves.  But he was clearly talking about MS-13 and not illegal immigrants in general.

There's nothing clear about how he talks about immigrants. There's hardly anything clear about anything he says. He leaves out-of-context-words hanging out there to incite his base. If he's good at anything, it's that.

2 hours ago, Smokey 1 said:

Very true. If Schumer's ancestors were gang members then yes, they would have been "animals" too.  

Wasn't our state (along with Georgia and Australia) used as a dumping ground for English criminals way back when?  Does that make them and their descendants animals too? 

Just now, Struds said:

Wasn't our state (along with Georgia and Australia) used as a dumping ground for English criminals way back when?  Does that make them and their descendants animals too? 

Yes it was and it is probably how most of my people got here.  :D

2 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Yes it was and it is probably how most of my people got here.  :D

We've all got a little animal in us. :P

59 minutes ago, Smokey 1 said:

Your term is to focus on the second definition at the expense of the first.

28 minutes ago, gillytech said:

Agreed in general, but did you watch the exchange?

It's all in context with many other things he says. White Supremacists understand that he cannot say things completely direct. But they understand his message.

Trump is simply using a time-honored tactic used by other demagogues. They employ gross generalizations and stereotypes to demonize the least of us. Hitler employed the same tactic on the Jews. It riles up their base, sometimes dragging other seemingly decent people down into the gutter with them. But nothing good can come of it for anyone other than the demagogue. But then, all Trump is about is Trump. For the rest of us who believe in humanity, he's a national embarrassment. 

5 minutes ago, blowboatbethesda said:

Like I said before, racists don't like being called racists and they will use all kinds of ways to dance around it. And no one wins arguments just by declaring they do.

Edited by NCBirdfan

Racism and xenophobia have been an integral component of his campaign from the moment he announced. This shouldn't surprise anyone, especially given the upcoming midterms and his continuing effort to energize his base.

3 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

Trump draws rebuke for ‘animal’ remark at immigration talk

WASHINGTON (AP) — While railing against California for its so-called sanctuary immigration policies, President Donald Trump referred to some people who cross the border illegally as “animals” — drawing a sharp rebuke from Democratic leaders for the harsh rhetoric.

Trump’s remark at meeting with local leaders was in response to a complaint about gang members.

“We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in -- and we’re stopping a lot of them,” Trump said during the immigration round table after a sheriff commented about gangs. “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.”

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., responded on Twitter to the president, saying, “When all of our great-great-grandparents came to America they weren’t ‘animals,’ and these people aren’t either.”

In the past Trump has called Mexicans rapists and criminals to flame the bigoted crowds. Now he has taken it a step further, calling them animals. Throughout history  a groups of people is determined "not human" the oppressors use that as justification to commit heinous atrocities against them.

Trump’s remark at meeting with local leaders was in response to a complaint about gang members.

8 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

And yet, his response clearly was not.

Nice try sticking up for the bigot though.

3 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

Trump has consistently used the gangster/criminal rhetoric to refer to all immigrants. Of course you knew that.

Trump answered a question from a California representative regarding MS-13. Admit it NC, you're being dishonest. And it's dishonesty like this that is creating race tensions in this country. 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4729859/president-trumps-ms-13-animal-comment

39 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

My quote about who Trump was referring to came from NC's article. Trump was specifically talking about MS-13 gang members. 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4729859/president-trumps-ms-13-animal-comment

He responded to a comment that was in reference to MS-13. His response was most certainly not in reference to MS-13.

We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in -- and we’re stopping a lot of them,” Trump said during the immigration round table after a sheriff commented about gangs. “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.

He never specifically mentions MS-13. 

Sure.  That is like asking me for a ride and I say, "Sure," but I actually meant you could take the bus because I never specifically mentioned my car.   Dig up!

Like I said before, racists don't like being called racists and they will use all kinds of ways to dance around it. And no one wins arguments just by declaring they do.

Sometimes it seems as if they are proud of being a racist especially if they think it upsets a liberal.