Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NCBirdfan

"These aren’t people. These are animals.”"

117 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Daan said:

When illegal immigrants have so-called "anchor children" who are US citizens by being born in the US.  Benefits then are paid to the parents to support the children.

https://cis.org/Report/Cost-Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households

In September 2015, the Center for Immigration Studies published a landmark study of immigration and welfare use, showing that 51 percent of immigrant-headed households used at least one federal welfare program — cash, food, housing, or medical care — compared to 30 percent of native households. Following similar methodology, this new study examines the dollar cost of that welfare use.

• The average household headed by an immigrant (legal or illegal) costs taxpayers $6,234 in federal welfare benefits, which is 41 percent higher than the $4,431 received by the average native household.
  • The average immigrant household consumes 33 percent more cash welfare, 57 percent more food assistance, and 44 percent more Medicaid dollars than the average native household. Housing costs are about the same for both groups.
  • At $8,251, households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico have the highest welfare costs of any sending region — 86 percent higher than the costs of native households.
  • Illegal immigrant households cost an average of $5,692 (driven largely by the presence of U.S.-born children), while legal immigrant households cost $6,378.

The greater consumption of welfare dollars by immigrants can be explained in large part by their lower level of education and larger number of children compared to natives. Over 24 percent of immigrant households are headed by a high school dropout, compared to just 8 percent of native households. In addition, 13 percent of immigrant households have three or more children, vs. just 6 percent of native households.

Thank you!!!!!

Seems lib progressives like HST seem to have blinders on for stuff like this. 

Kudo's

10 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Thank you!!!!!

Seems lib progressives like HST seem to have blinders on for stuff like this. 

Kudo's

The source is a right-wing propaganda outlet. Even the Cato Institue questions it's validity.

"The CIS study exaggerates the number of immigrants on welfare by using households as the unit of analysis; as long as the head of household is an immigrant, they consider it an immigrant household, and Camarota counts a household “as using welfare if any one of its members used welfare during 2012.” This means that a household with an American spouse who therefore qualified for welfare could be counted as “using welfare.” The same would go for a child born in the United States to immigrant parents. If he or she received subsidized lunch at school, the whole household would be categorized as “using welfare.” As the Cato Institute notes in its critique of the study, that measure is “ambiguous, poorly defined, and less used in modern research for those reasons.” Relying on such mutable methodology let Camarota exaggerate the number of immigrants on welfare to back up the claim that Americans are footing the bill for immigrants."

Link

Why do we have to go over thus again and again?  What makes you Social Dawinsts impervious to the facts?  You undercut your own belief in your racial or cultural superiority.

18 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Sigh I did. 

What some kick in....does not compensate for those that don't. Granted ....those that do LEGALLY do help keep SS going....the others' that don't are a drain.

Sorry, I have a real issue about people complaining about 'ol folk' sucking so much money out....well those 'ol folk' paid into the system for the most part.....it is not their fault that lib/progressives give away a LOT to people that never did.  

Further, if the gooooberment....paid back the IOUs for the money they borrowed :rolleyes: from SS..... we would not be worrying about this one bit. 

The retirement nest egg of an entire generation is stashed away in this small town along the Ohio River: $2.5 trillion in IOUs from the federal government, payable to the Social Security Administration.

read:https://www.cbsnews.com/news/social-security-to-start-cashing-ious/

You should be thanking your undocumented brown brothers and sisters, not lying about them.

11 minutes ago, hst2 said:

You should be thanking your undocumented brown brothers and sisters, not lying about them.

I would sooner thank the gooberment for not forcing me to pay into a system that I didn't want to be in to begin with. 

If they are willing to give me a lump sum payout....RIGHT NOW... of what I paid into it with interest. I will be a happy camper. My investment statgies are better and only worry about ME. Not lib/dem/progressive HS. 

It is not my problem they set up ....which is turning out to be not more than a Ponsies' (sic) scheme. 

Edited by Guido2

14 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

The meeting was with sheriff's and prison officials .....

The entire discussion was about criminals and gangs .....

The pathetic effort to paint this as some thing other than a reference to criminals and gangs members is just another example if the left's desperation and dishonesty.....

And you know this because....Oh yea! Hannity told you so. :D

Edited by NCBirdfan
typo

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Sigh. Read the link on Social Security.

Read the signs in any hospital in the area.  I'm referring to the ones in Spanish.  Nothing is free because someone will wind up paying for it. 

Regarding Social Security, there's also the tiny issue of stolen identities.

6 hours ago, stevez51 said:

If you listen to the whole conversation, someone asked him about MS-13. and he responded.

I did Trump mentions immigrants as a whole before making the animals remark. If he was drifting back to gang members only he should make that clear. 

13 hours ago, Bartman said:

Once upon a time people came here on boats from Europe (My Ancestors) looking for a better life but they joined in and Contributed, Worked and raised Families who Assimilated into the USA culture (in just 2 Generations we didn't speak German or Polish anymore) and Prospered. Now I believe the vast Majority of those flooding into here just want to suck on the Government's Teat that is so Easy to do now and have no desire to join This culture. Tell me it Ain't so!

You sure the language change was assimilation by choice. My ancestors stopped speaking German due to world war IWorld War I

2 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

I did Trump mentions immigrants as a whole before making the animals remark. If he was drifting back to gang members only he should make that clear. 

That is the general take from everyone that is not a Trump apologist. And when one combines this with other statements about Mexicans Trump has made it is even more revealing.

3 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

That is the general take from everyone that is not a Trump apologist. And when one combines this with other statements about Mexicans Trump has made it is even more revealing.

Given his education level he should be able to do that if he meant that.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

The source is a right-wing propaganda outlet. Even the Cato Institue questions it's validity.

"The CIS study exaggerates the number of immigrants on welfare by using households as the unit of analysis; as long as the head of household is an immigrant, they consider it an immigrant household, and Camarota counts a household “as using welfare if any one of its members used welfare during 2012.” This means that a household with an American spouse who therefore qualified for welfare could be counted as “using welfare.” The same would go for a child born in the United States to immigrant parents. If he or she received subsidized lunch at school, the whole household would be categorized as “using welfare.” As the Cato Institute notes in its critique of the study, that measure is “ambiguous, poorly defined, and less used in modern research for those reasons.” Relying on such mutable methodology let Camarota exaggerate the number of immigrants on welfare to back up the claim that Americans are footing the bill for immigrants."

Link

Why do we have to go over thus again and again?  What makes you Social Dawinsts impervious to the facts?  You undercut your own belief in your racial or cultural superiority.

Since "kill the messenger" is your MO, I'll respond in kind.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/new-republic-immigration-screed/

"The New Republic, [TNR] a century-old liberal magazine, basically ceased to exist when most of its staff and writers resigned in 2014 in response to mismanagement by owner Chris Hughes, co-founder of Facebook. He sold the shell of the magazine last year to a lefty activist and publisher from Oregon, and what’s now called TNR seems to be just another Salon."

I was delighted to see that my organization, the Center for Immigration Studies, was recently featured in the pages of The New Republic. Having testified before Congress more than 100 times, worked with the Census Bureau, the Justice Department, and the National Academies of Sciences, and been cited in a Supreme Court ruling, CIS drew a lot of journalistic attention long before Trump’s political rise. But Laura Reston’s screed would be unworthy of a college newspaper, let alone TNR.

College papers have faculty advisers precisely to avoid publication of such an embarrassing piece. The first thing a faculty adviser would have warned Reston against is comically hyperbolic language. “Far-right fringe,” “rabidly xenophobic,” “hard-line nativists” – this sort of thing belongs in an unmoderated comment thread, not in the published work of a journal with pretensions of seriousness.

A final error, a testament more to parochialism than malice, is Reston’s reference to the Cato Institute as an example of “hard-core conservative organizations.” In fact, Cato is a libertarian think tank, devoted to unlimited immigration and opposed to all real-world steps to enforce immigration laws."

"Facts" ??  Your links ... liberal/libertarian propaganda ??

3 hours ago, Daan said:

Since "kill the messenger" is your MO, I'll respond in kind.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/new-republic-immigration-screed/

"The New Republic, [TNR] a century-old liberal magazine, basically ceased to exist when most of its staff and writers resigned in 2014 in response to mismanagement by owner Chris Hughes, co-founder of Facebook. He sold the shell of the magazine last year to a lefty activist and publisher from Oregon, and what’s now called TNR seems to be just another Salon."

I was delighted to see that my organization, the Center for Immigration Studies, was recently featured in the pages of The New Republic. Having testified before Congress more than 100 times, worked with the Census Bureau, the Justice Department, and the National Academies of Sciences, and been cited in a Supreme Court ruling, CIS drew a lot of journalistic attention long before Trump’s political rise. But Laura Reston’s screed would be unworthy of a college newspaper, let alone TNR.

College papers have faculty advisers precisely to avoid publication of such an embarrassing piece. The first thing a faculty adviser would have warned Reston against is comically hyperbolic language. “Far-right fringe,” “rabidly xenophobic,” “hard-line nativists” – this sort of thing belongs in an unmoderated comment thread, not in the published work of a journal with pretensions of seriousness.

A final error, a testament more to parochialism than malice, is Reston’s reference to the Cato Institute as an example of “hard-core conservative organizations.” In fact, Cato is a libertarian think tank, devoted to unlimited immigration and opposed to all real-world steps to enforce immigration laws."

"Facts" ??  Your links ... liberal/libertarian propaganda ??

CIS is a racist pseudo science group!

7 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

CIS is a racist pseudo science group!

Link?

or is this just more "kill the messenger" BS.

4 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

And you know this because....Oh yea! Hannity told you so. :D

Quit digging ......

10 minutes ago, Daan said:

Link?

or is this just more "kill the messenger" BS.

Let’s read about thier founder who admits he is a racist!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tanton

"One of my prime concerns is about the decline of folks who look like you and me... for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that."[14]

1 hour ago, jtowne-swim said:

Let’s read about thier founder who admits he is a racist!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Tanton

"One of my prime concerns is about the decline of folks who look like you and me... for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that."[14]

Thanks for the link.

Here's another Tanton quote ...

As to [Tanton's] alleged influence at CIS, he wrote, "I also helped raise a grant in 1985 for the Center for Immigration Studies, but I have played no role in the Center's growth or development."[75]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies#Criticism

Congressional testimony[edit]

The Center's staff have been called on to give testimony before federal and state legislators dozens of times and on numerous subjects within the realm of immigration.[23] In 2006 and 2007, as the U.S. Congress took up comprehensive immigration reform, they gave Congressional testimony on 27 different occasions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies#Congressional_testimony

Maybe Congress should be warned of what you think you know.

BTW, what's your stand on illegal immigration, open borders and the MS-13 problem?

1 hour ago, Daan said:

Thanks for the link.

Here's another Tanton quote ...

As to [Tanton's] alleged influence at CIS, he wrote, "I also helped raise a grant in 1985 for the Center for Immigration Studies, but I have played no role in the Center's growth or development."[75]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies#Criticism

Congressional testimony[edit]

The Center's staff have been called on to give testimony before federal and state legislators dozens of times and on numerous subjects within the realm of immigration.[23] In 2006 and 2007, as the U.S. Congress took up comprehensive immigration reform, they gave Congressional testimony on 27 different occasions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies#Congressional_testimony

Maybe Congress should be warned of what you think you know.

BTW, what's your stand on illegal immigration, open borders and the MS-13 problem?

As I have said before the solution is to dry up the job market. Harshly punish the employers with jail time, forfeiture of assets etc. than people will come here legally for the most part and the few that don’t will be manageblly removed. I am not in favor of removing those who came here with no say at a young age.