Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
workerbee

Rolling Stones song goes... political?

43 posts in this topic

Rolling Stones song inspired 'Crossfire Hurricane' !  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/16/rolling-stones-song-inspired-crossfire-hurricane-codename-for-trump-russia-investigation.html

"Operation "Crossfire Hurricane" began approximately 100 days before the 2016 presidential election. To the public, the words were simply lyrics from a Rolling Stones jam — but to FBI officials, the phrase was a top secret codename used before the launch of the Russia investigation.

A bombshell report from The New York Times Wednesday revealed the nickname used by a select group of officials before the probe into whether the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia went public."

Nooooooooo!

1 hour ago, workerbee said:

Rolling Stones song inspired 'Crossfire Hurricane' !  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/16/rolling-stones-song-inspired-crossfire-hurricane-codename-for-trump-russia-investigation.html

"Operation "Crossfire Hurricane" began approximately 100 days before the 2016 presidential election. To the public, the words were simply lyrics from a Rolling Stones jam — but to FBI officials, the phrase was a top secret codename used before the launch of the Russia investigation.

A bombshell report from The New York Times Wednesday revealed the nickname used by a select group of officials before the probe into whether the Trump campaign was colluding with Russia went public."

Nooooooooo!

read the article and discover how the FBI didn't go public with their information regarding trump's campaign colluding with Russians.....

The FBI, in an attempt to prevent leaks, kept details about what would later evolve into special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation from Justice Department political appointees. In fact, according to The New York Times, only about five Justice officials knew what the whole case entailed -- a far lower number than the 12 or so who would typically be read in on a case related to national security.

that's right, the people who the giant orange dotard whines about helped elect him as the POSTUS....

so much for this investigation being a sham...right?

The other weird thing was the Trump people used Can't Always Get What you Want at his rallies. The Rolling Stones were baffled by that as it is about drug addiction. I guess it was dirtbag's way of reaching out to the oxycontin vote.

The song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" became a staple at Trump rallies, and prompted the Stones to say they had not given Trump permission to use the song and asked the campaign to stop.
Nevertheless, Trump has continued to use the song, and the band's singer Mick Jagger told the BBC it was a "kind of weird" choice for Trump to use their song to wrap up his rallies.
"It's a funny song for a play-out song -- a drowsy ballad about drugs in Chelsea," Jagger said. "It's kind of weird. He couldn't be persuaded to use something else."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/15/politics/rolling-stones-keith-richards-donald-trump/index.html
Edited by zenwalk

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

What does that even mean coming from the administration? 

19 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

What does that even mean coming from the administration? 

She Tweeted that in November 2016

Its super ironic now

Just now, soulflower said:

She Tweeted that in November 2016

Its super ironic now

K.  My mistake.  The light gray date stamps on Twitter posts are nearly invisible on my ratty old monitor.  Irony is a concept that hasn't evolved in Trump circles.   

2 hours ago, can you hear me now! said:

read the article and discover how the FBI didn't go public with their information regarding trump's campaign colluding with Russians.....

The FBI, in an attempt to prevent leaks, kept details about what would later evolve into special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation from Justice Department political appointees. In fact, according to The New York Times, only about five Justice officials knew what the whole case entailed -- a far lower number than the 12 or so who would typically be read in on a case related to national security.

that's right, the people who the giant orange dotard whines about helped elect him as the POSTUS....

so much for this investigation being a sham...right?

The entire Russian collusion concept was nothing more than a made up campaign smear. I know this won't help you because your fully engulfed by TDS. 

1 minute ago, Lombardi6 said:

The entire Russian collusion concept was nothing more than a made up campaign smear. I know this won't help you because your fully engulfed by TDS. 

:D:D

Just now, mrsmlh said:

:D:D

It's going to be fun watching you leftists spin your way out of this when it's all over. Not one of you will have the guts to admit you were duped. Probably blame it on another wacky made up conspiracy theory. Most still believe Algore won Florida.

3 minutes ago, Lombardi6 said:

It's going to be fun watching you leftists spin your way out of this when it's all over. Not one of you will have the guts to admit you were duped. Probably blame it on another wacky made up conspiracy theory. Most still believe Algore won Florida.

I must have missed your thread on how you were duped about Obama's birth certificate, Hillary's emails, Benghazi, etc. etc.

3 minutes ago, mrsmlh said:

I must have missed your thread on how you were duped about Obama's birth certificate, Hillary's emails, Benghazi, etc. etc.

They're still looking for WMDs in Iraq too.

17 minutes ago, Lombardi6 said:

The only problem is they forgot to use it before election day :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Lombardi6 said:

Minor re-write;

The entire Russian collusion concept was nothing    is now more than a made up campaign smear. It is now a full blown investigation into getting President Trump thrown out of office and hopefully into jail along with minions. 

Now that would be draining the swamp

Last comment; how can it have been a campaign smear.....since NONE of this came out till pretty much after the election?????

Edited by Guido2

8 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The only problem is they forgot to use it before election day :rolleyes:

Spin away.......

29 minutes ago, Lombardi6 said:

Spin away.......

Spin what? 

While it’s true that Russian Hacking of the DNc was widely reported before the 2016 election, there was very little if any reporting about Trump colluding with Russia. 

The only major report was a NY Times article which claimed the FBI investigated and found no evidence of Trump links to the Russians...

I am just really starting to wonder ....'how much did Obama know about this stuff? And more importantly if he did....why didn't he 'leak it' or something.

Probably because he has more class than that. But imagine if it turns out he did know....and for not doing so....we got Trump.

Hmmmmmmmmm. 

I imagine the headlines; OBAMA AIDED THE TRUMP CANDADACY AND ELECTION BY NOT REVEALING INVESTIGATIONS.

Doubl Hmmmmmmmmmmm

7 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Spin what? 

While it’s true that Russian Hacking of the DNc was widely reported before the 2016 election, there was very little if any reporting about Trump colluding with Russia. 

The only major report was a NY Times article which claimed the FBI investigated and found no evidence of Trump links to the Russians...

I don't agree with it being 'widely reported'....from what I saw and read...it was more like hints and we thinks based on tips. It was not until AFTER the elections that it started to really bloom. 

IMO. 

Just now, Guido2 said:

I don't agree with it being 'widely reported'....from what I saw and read...it was more like hints and we thinks based on tips. It was not until AFTER the elections that it started to really bloom. 

IMO. 

To me it was widely reported but maybe because I pay attention to that stuff more than other people

Hmmmm. https://spectator.org/crossfire-hurricane-category-5-political-espionage/

"Deep in the New York Times’s account of “Crossfire Hurricane,” the FBI’s codename for spying on the Trump campaign, is a hilariously bland paragraph about John Brennan and James Comey teaming up to dig dirt on Trumpworld. If you blinked in the course of reading the lengthy article, you might have missed it:

The F.B.I.’s thinking crystallized by mid-August, after the C.I.A. director at the time, John O. Brennan, shared intelligence with Mr. Comey showing that the Russian government was behind an attack on the 2016 presidential election. Intelligence agencies began collaborating to investigate that operation. The Crossfire Hurricane team was part of that group but largely operated independently, three officials said.

Contained in that oh-so-nonchalant line — “Intelligence agencies began collaborating to investigate that operation” — is one of Obamagate’s biggest ticking time bombs. When it blows, John Brennan, whose demented partisanship led him to run an anti-Trump spying operation straight out of CIA headquarters, will feel much of the blast."

27 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Hmmmm. https://spectator.org/crossfire-hurricane-category-5-political-espionage/

"Deep in the New York Times’s account of “Crossfire Hurricane,” the FBI’s codename for spying on the Trump campaign, is a hilariously bland paragraph about John Brennan and James Comey teaming up to dig dirt on Trumpworld. If you blinked in the course of reading the lengthy article, you might have missed it:

The F.B.I.’s thinking crystallized by mid-August, after the C.I.A. director at the time, John O. Brennan, shared intelligence with Mr. Comey showing that the Russian government was behind an attack on the 2016 presidential election. Intelligence agencies began collaborating to investigate that operation. The Crossfire Hurricane team was part of that group but largely operated independently, three officials said.

Contained in that oh-so-nonchalant line — “Intelligence agencies began collaborating to investigate that operation” — is one of Obamagate’s biggest ticking time bombs. When it blows, John Brennan, whose demented partisanship led him to run an anti-Trump spying operation straight out of CIA headquarters, will feel much of the blast."

After 9/11 I thought we decided we wanted more collaboration between Intelligence agencies?

25 minutes ago, workerbee said:

What is the intelligence community supposed to do when it detects a threat to national security? Shrug? It's called doing their job. Our system is ill equipped to react when a traitor, crook and conman is elected president. It's a huge weakness in the link of American democracy waiting only for someone reprehensible enough to take advantage of it. They have. Brennan and Comey have a lot of baggage but in this instance, when there's an existential threat to our system of government we come to together. Most of us anyhow.

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

After 9/11 I thought we decided we wanted more collaboration between Intelligence agencies?

Only when it serves GOP purposes. 

7 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

What is the intelligence community supposed to do when it detects a threat to national security? Shrug? It's called doing their job. Our system is ill equipped to react when a traitor, crook and conman is elected president. It's a huge weakness in the link of American democracy waiting only for someone reprehensible enough to take advantage of it. They have. Brennan and Comey have a lot of baggage but in this instance, when there's an existential threat to our system of government we come to together. Most of us anyhow.

What’s lost is the question of ‘Probable Cause’. 

Trump associating with shady people like Cohen, Sater, Manafort, Page etc, IMO seems like enough Probable Cause for the Feds to open a Counter Intelligence investigation. 

Apparently, George Papadopolous bragging about  being contacted by Russians is what led to the FBI’s investigation. 

Trump wants us to believe that the investigations were politically motivated but to believe that, you have to ignore the shady bunch of people he associates with...

Edited by soulflower

On 5/17/2018 at 2:19 PM, Lombardi6 said:

I agree. Lies never help anyone.