Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Ravens lowering cost of food and drinks

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Good move.  Those prices are more in line with what I might be willing to spend on a whim if I get hungry.  :)  Of course they're not doing this out of the sheer kindness of their hearts...

Tenders with fries and a souvenir soda goes from $19 (ouch) to $12 (comparable to a chain restaurant).  Can stuff a kid with a popcorn, bag of peanuts, and a hot dog for $9 this year vs. $15 last year. 

As my dear old pop passed, my girls will be using my second ticket a lot more now... so this is definitely a welcome change.

Edited by Ravens2006

I got the email from the Ravens. Not too bad. I usually eat & drink at the tailgate. Would make my sister & husband happy to pay a little less for a beer.

Would have saved my wife some money when she went to the game with our granddaughter.

Take a couple waters and an amazing Italian hoagie in every game ....

Don't drink in the game, few before the game and have to drive home .....

Good move by ravens but won't impact me, haven't spent $100 in the stadium in 20 years .....

The more you drink, the more you save.

6 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

The more you drink, the more you save.

Unfortunetly a lot of folks may take that approach......

I believe dwi is already an issue after the games .....

1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

Unfortunetly a lot of folks may take that approach......

I believe dwi is already an issue after the games .....

I don’t know. A friend and I chat about this periodically.  If the state of Maryland were serious about DUI arrests, they would setup a checkpoint on Hamburg Street after one game. If they did, Steve Biscotti would be on the phone with the Governor and/or Mayor and that would be the last of such interdictions. The Ravens rely on beer revenue. And at a 9% tax, so does this state. 

49 minutes ago, Manny said:

I don’t know. A friend and I chat about this periodically.  If the state of Maryland were serious about DUI arrests, they would setup a checkpoint on Hamburg Street after one game. If they did, Steve Biscotti would be on the phone with the Governor and/or Mayor and that would be the last of such interdictions. The Ravens rely on beer revenue. And at a 9% tax, so does this state. 

I've posted at length about the governments scam war on dwi on checkpoint threads up on locals ......

not going to hijack this thread .....

its a good thing the ravens are lowering the prices, not a good thing if it leads to more drinking and driving .......

On 5/19/2018 at 1:20 PM, Eastside Terp said:

Take a couple waters and an amazing Italian hoagie in every game ....

Don't drink in the game, few before the game and have to drive home .....

Good move by ravens but won't impact me, haven't spent $100 in the stadium in 20 years .....

I'm surprised they allow that these days.

33 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

I'm surprised they allow that these days.

They allow you to bring in the food .....