Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Buzzcut

2018: Remainder of the Season Games Thread

418 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Jace Peterson leading off again today.  Really Buck?   I know there aren't many options, but a .180 guy???   Rock Bottom keeps going deeper into the Abyss.

The funny part is Buck could put YOU in the lead-off spot and YOU could probably draw at least a walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamesdean said:

The funny part is Buck could put YOU in the lead-off spot and YOU could probably draw at least a walk. 

Or get hit by a pitch.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire team is complete garbage. Time to fire Big Dan, clean house, move on & prepare for another long string of losing seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Chrissy is not a MLB hitter.  Just swung thru 2 89 MPH fastballs down the middle.  Another K.  Worthless.  His bat is as slow as molasses. 

It’s mind-boggling how bad he is, most “sluggers” tee off on 88 mph heaters down Main Street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Jace Peterson leading off again today.  Really Buck?   I know there aren't many options, but a .180 guy???   Rock Bottom keeps going deeper into the Abyss.

Big Dan has been in charge since 2012 & still hasn’t obtained the leadoff hitter that eludes him. Might as well give DD a contract extension to see if he can finally come through & acquire the table-setting “on-base” guy that he’s coveted for 7 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet Buck continues to pencil him in the starting lineup with mind-blowing regularity.

Nobody is making Buck do THAT... you couldn't pay me enough to say I believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13-to freaking-1.

What more is there for Dan Duquette to analyze about the team!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Get the popcorn ready!  Crush is coming up here in the top of the 7th!  I feel some pitches coming...

Edited by Ravens2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, another HR on the day!  Even chased the starter... though they MIGHT just be scared of Crush coming up next too, ya never know.

11 more solo shots and this is a tie game... swing hard O's, swing hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Chris Davis... Rogers Hornsby once posted a .507 OBP for the season.  Bet he swung real hard, with a perfect "launch angle".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Oh man... Chris with the opposite field broken bat infield single... that's the spark that will ignite his season, mark my words!

Edited by Ravens2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something's going wrong... you can't hit a solo HR when you load the bases... what they heck are they doing???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

See this is the kinda BS I’ve been talking about for years...small ball.

Youre trailing by 11 runs in the 7th. Runners at second & third, no outs. Infield playing back. Sisco can’t even make contact before he strikes out. Put a ball in play & score a run!

Sisco was DEVELOPED by this organization, is this not taught? I’m convinced it isn’t.

Edited by pitbull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was happy with today's performance... a couple solo HRs (always BIG and incredibly entertaining), 12 Ks at the plate, starter gets shelled but a crafty Rule 5 guy gets to come in to also get shelled... and most importantly a LOT of big hard swings with a great intended launch angle.  It's all about launch angle and bat speed.  This team is going far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ravens2006 said:

I was happy with today's performance... a couple solo HRs (always BIG and incredibly entertaining), 12 Ks at the plate, starter gets shelled but a crafty Rule 5 guy gets to come in to also get shelled... and most importantly a LOT of big hard swings with a great intended launch angle.  It's all about launch angle and bat speed.  This team is going far...

Buck said after the game that he was proud of how hard they swung, regardless of where the ball was and that he was particularly pleased with the looks on their faces afterward.  They're his guys and he loves those goofy bastards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so sick of DD's rule 5 crappola.  Hope they shelve that stupid idea when he is shown the door.  Where is Jason Garcia???  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's more enticing to grasp at a Rule 5 lottery ticket (or as in this season, have 3 of them on your roster at one point) when your farm system is so absent of decent top prospects / talent remotely close to contributing at the major league level.

Edited by Ravens2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I'm so sick of DD's rule 5 crappola.  Hope they shelve that stupid idea when he is shown the door.  Where is Jason Garcia???  

You're going to have to keep some of those guys around for awhile, however, particularly if major moves are forthcoming in the next month or so.

If the objective is to try and improve the major league roster now (and let's face it, the Orioles are only a few players away from turning this thing around--Mike Trout, Jose Altuve, Bryce Harper, and Max Scherzer--:)), it has to be done while also being mindful of not losing anyone presently. Should any number of players be dealt for prospects, the guys they get in return may not be ready for either the 40- or 25-man rosters.

Britton is due to come off the DL tomorrow, I believe, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Tillman put on the 60-day DL as a corresponding move. I also think Mike Yastrzemski might also be up soon. He's Yaz in name only, but he does have some speed, can play good defense, and has a decent bat. They've been clamoring on the radio for Cedric Mullins, but he's only batting .143 thus far at AAA, so I don't think it would be a good idea to promote him until he starts hitting. DJ Stewart just came off the DL and probably needs time to round into shape as well. 

I don't see any of the Rule 5's (and I think the only guy on the roster now is Araujo) being dumped at this point. Probably what we'll see in the near term is guys with options being sent down. It isn't as if the Orioles need to keep one eye on October or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mdrunning said:

You're going to have to keep some of those guys around for awhile, however, particularly if major moves are forthcoming in the next month or so.

If the objective is to try and improve the major league roster now (and let's face it, the Orioles are only a few players away from turning this thing around--Mike Trout, Jose Altuve, Bryce Harper, and Max Scherzer--:)), it has to be done while also being mindful of not losing anyone presently. Should any number of players be dealt for prospects, the guys they get in return may not be ready for either the 40- or 25-man rosters.

Britton is due to come off the DL tomorrow, I believe, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Tillman put on the 60-day DL as a corresponding move. I also think Mike Yastrzemski might also be up soon. He's Yaz in name only, but he does have some speed, can play good defense, and has a decent bat. They've been clamoring on the radio for Cedric Mullins, but he's only batting .143 thus far at AAA, so I don't think it would be a good idea to promote him until he starts hitting. DJ Stewart just came off the DL and probably needs time to round into shape as well. 

I don't see any of the Rule 5's (and I think the only guy on the roster now is Araujo) being dumped at this point. Probably what we'll see in the near term is guys with options being sent down. It isn't as if the Orioles need to keep one eye on October or anything.

My post was meant for the coming years when we might get competitive again.  We've gone over this and the only 2 rule 5 guys that have given us anything is Flash and Rickard.  And they are/were fringe back-ups.  Decent depth but is that really worth losing games while keeping them on the roster the first year.  Santander and Aroujo may turn out to be good and since we stunk this year no harm no foul.  But the intent for 2018 was to be competitive thus no winter deals for Manny, Brach or AJ.  Then we keep 3 rule 5 guys and the season is over by the end of April in part because these guys stink.  And you are playing with a 22 man roster.  SO that's approach is just stupid.  You are either re-building or you are competing. The O's tried to do thread the needle and blew it as usual.  

And remember the Jason Garcia debacle.  How many games did we lose by trying to hide him on the roster.  I can't remember the year but it was 2015 or 2016.  And we could of used those games desperately.  That's my point.  Just stupid moves to undercut your team.  And Garcia is now a bum.  Just like most of the other rule 5 guys.  Good bye DD and don't let the door and your stupid rule 5 approach hit you in the arse on the way out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

Oh man... Chris with the opposite field broken bat infield single... that's the spark that will ignite his season, mark my words!

I know we rag on Crush a lot. But seriously, do you know how hard it is to get a hit, off a MLB pitcher, while staring down at 3B?  It's an impressive feat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, weird-O said:

I know we rag on Crush a lot. But seriously, do you know how hard it is to get a hit, off a MLB pitcher, while staring down at 3B?  It's an impressive feat. 

It would take "peripheral vision" to a new level, that's for sure. (LOL)  

Edited by jamesdean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, fans have been complaining about & pointing out the deficiencies in the offense all season long, which is now 2.5 months old. At what point does the Front Office do something about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0