Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. Buzzcut

2018: Remainder of the Season Games Thread

437 posts in this topic

Encouraging to see Mancini TWICE on the same ground ball back to the pitcher give up and start half jogging, only to be barely out at first after both a bobble and bad / high throw that pulled the first baseman off the bag.

The new Oriole Way.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

Encouraging to see Mancini TWICE on the same ground ball back to the pitcher give up and start half jogging, only to be barely out at first after both a bobble and bad / high throw that pulled the first baseman off the bag.

The new Oriole Way.

You beat me to it. This is the kind of BS I’ve been talking about.

Mancini would have been safe if he ran the ball out & prolonged the mini-rally.

Even though Mancini is a bright spot on a bad team, Showalter should have immediately benched him. I just assume that anyone who doesn’t round out ground balls is hurt.

Edited by pitbull

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

Mancini would have been safe if the ran the ball out & prolonged the mini-rally.

Even though Mancini is a bright spot on a bad team, Showalter should have immediately benched him. I just assume that anyone who doesn’t round out ground balls is hurt.

He apparently went to the Manny Machado school of base running.  Naturally, it's OK with Buck. 

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

Mancini would have been safe if the ran the ball out & prolonged the mini-rally.

Yeah, Buck is just horrible on this kind of stuff.  I;ve been calling for hid dismissal for awhile now.  His record the last year plus says he needs to hang it up.  No brass balls at all.

Worst record in baseball again (tied with KC).

39 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Hopefully we get the broom by the white Sox and Buck is let go 

IMO the player don't hear or fear Buck anymore. 

29 minutes ago, johnpolitics said:

IMO the player don't hear or fear Buck anymore. 

Agreed and it shows when a kid like Trey doesn’t hustle 

Peter and his imbecile sons fell in love with Davis. They did the same with Brian Roberts. The consolation is they now must pay for their boneheaded decisions. 

23 minutes ago, 85Knight said:

13 hits and no runs is hard to do.

I was about to mention that myself.

The Orioles stranded runners in every inning.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah, Buck is just horrible on this kind of stuff.  I;ve been calling for hid dismissal for awhile now.  His record the last year plus says he needs to hang it up.  No brass balls at all.

Typically if a guy appears to be lacking in the effort department, someone else on the team will remind him that's not how the game is played up here. Unfortunately, I don't know if the Orioles have that type of in-your-face guy.

I think Mancini is going through a rough period right now. He isn't getting the pitches to hit that he did last year, and his approach with runners on base seems to change entirely. I saw today where ranks second-worst in the American League with RISP, based on a certain number of such opportunities.

I think what we're also seeing is that Mancini may not be suited for the outfield, but he's unfortunately blocked elsewhere. I'm also concerned as to whether he can adjust to how pitchers are attacking him now as opposed to previously. If he doesn't, then he's just another guy in a uniform and certainly not a young building block.

Edited by mdrunning

10 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Agreed and it shows when a kid like Trey doesn’t hustle 

The inmates definitely have got a hold of that asylum, that's for sure.  If they're having problems with their wives or girlfriends, they always have Buck and his man crush to lean on. 

14 hours ago, Rob said:

Worst record in baseball again (tied with KC).

The White Sox have the worst winning percentage.....so, there's always a silver lining if one looks hard enough;-)......

9 hours ago, 85Knight said:

Apparently 14 is the record. Set in 1928. 

10 hours ago, 85Knight said:

But not unexpected from this sadsack, hapless offense.

12 hours ago, Manny said:

Peter and his imbecile sons fell in love with Davis. They did the same with Brian Roberts. The consolation is they now must pay for their boneheaded decisions. 

And us fans have to suffer more than anyone. B/c all that money is wasted. Money that could’ve gone to a once in a generation player like Manny Machado and/or used to build a watchable/ competitive product 

7 hours ago, BayAreaBmore said:

And us fans have to suffer more than anyone. B/c all that money is wasted. Money that could’ve gone to a once in a generation player like Manny Machado and/or used to build a watchable/ competitive product 

I have conceded that we will suffer so long as the Angelos family owns this team. Albert Belle, Brian Roberts and now Chris Davis should show the old miser that he does not have any ability to project the future value of his players. The same goes for the boys. It took Lewey five years to pass the bar exam after law school. True story. https://www.angeloslaw.com/lawyer/louis-f-angelos/

Welcome back to the One-Dimensional Offense.

Three solo home runs!

If the O’s pull out a stunning victory, Big Dan will remind everyone what a powerful offense the Orioles have within their dugout.

Posted (edited)

The Orioles win game one 3-2 of the battle for last place teams. Davis tries to do his part, going 0-4. And for good measure he even jogged to first base when he struck out and the ball went pass the catcher.

Edited by NCBirdfan

2 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

The Orioles win game one 3-2 of the battle for last place teams. Davis tries to do his part, going 0-4. And for good measure he even jogged to first base when he struck out and the ball went pass the catcher.

I'm sure that got a "high-five" from Manny in the dugout.  

4 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

Yeah, but Buck said again before yesterday's game Davis is close.  He is working with Coolbaugh and trying different things.  He is our first baseman and will play everyday. 

You know Buck is never wrong!   :rolleyes:  And you know there isn't another manager in baseball that would of started Davis last night against another LH pitcher. 

I find some sweet irony that the guy Buck has pushed for no matter what is helping to sink him to the bottom of the ocean.  Buck to stubborn to bench the guy because that would be admitting he was wrong to push/recommend Pete pony up the 161mil.  

16 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

Yeah, but Buck said again before yesterday's game Davis is close.  He is working with Coolbaugh and trying different things.  He is our first baseman and will play everyday. 

You know Buck is never wrong!   :rolleyes:  And you know there isn't another manager in baseball that would of started Davis last night against another LH pitcher. 

I find some sweet irony that the guy Buck has pushed for no matter what is helping to sink him to the bottom of the ocean.  Buck to stubborn to bench the guy because that would be admitting he was wrong to push/recommend Pete pony up the 161mil.  

Was he the one pushing for the long contract or was it Angelos? I don't quite remember how things ironed out back then. Needless to say many of us didn't like that contract from the get go. Nothing against Davis, but to commit to a one-dimensional batter with a 7-year guaranteed deal back then was foolhardy. Of course none of us probably anticipated him bottoming out like he did, but his contract will be an anvil for the next 4 years.