Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KeepItReal

What

14 posts in this topic

McDonogh has a fairly aggressive OOC schedule this season, so we’ll know early on. Archbishop Wood(PA) is usually a top PA squad. Friendship is always scrappy. Berks(PA) was very solid last season. I’ve heard SVSM(OH) was ramping things up, but that may take time. 

What does McDonogh return? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

McDonogh has a fairly aggressive OOC schedule this season, so we’ll know early on. Archbishop Wood(PA) is usually a top PA squad. Friendship is always scrappy. Berks(PA) was very solid last season. I’ve heard SVSM(OH) was ramping things up, but that may take time. 

What does McDonogh return? 

They return D’von Ellies and Jabriel Johnson, and that’s about it. With you guys getting Jacobs and Penn and with what they lost to graduation, they’re going to seriously have issues. Looking at their roster they have on Maxpreps, seem like they’re bringing in bunch of ninth graders. Not sure if they’re any good. 

Heard they did pick up Gilman’s chief recruiter, and DB coach. Believe that the Georgia coach will be bringing in some of his own staff, unlike what was previously reported of the the school making him keep the current staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good size but inexperienced so he’ll struggle behind a make shift line . The lost of Penn will hurt them defensively . Jacobs is staying that’s a fact and Ellies  should anchor the defense but after that it’s a question mark shoot let’s be real here it’s a big arms race for second place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Good size but inexperienced so he’ll struggle behind a make shift line . The lost of Penn will hurt them defensively . Jacobs is staying that’s a fact and Ellies  should anchor the defense but after that it’s a question mark shoot let’s be real here it’s a big arms race for second place 

I just asked again, people still saying that Jacobs is leaving. Not even on the roster for this upcoming season on Maxpreps. 

I think McDonogh has a better chance at last place, than they do at second place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I just asked again, people still saying that Jacobs is leaving. Not even on the roster for this upcoming season on Maxpreps. 

I think McDonogh has a better chance at last place, than they do at second place. 

Transfer and standings prognostications are wishful thinking. Just like the crowing about the stellar Greyhound hoops and lax teams. It make take a year or two to fully manifest itself on the field but the Eagle program is revitalized culturally. 

Edited by mop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mop said:

Transfer and standings prognostications are wishful thinking. Just like the crowing about the stellar Greyhound hoops and lax teams. It make take a year or two to fully manifest itself on the field but the Eagle program is revitalized culturally. 

Eagles and “program” should never be said together. What “program?” They will be playing for last place for some years. 

I said Gilman's basketball program is a year away. And they will be stacked next year. Lacrosse needs a new coach. McDonogh is obviously de-emphazing sports, they will be back where they have been for most of their history. Middle to bottom of the road team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Eagles and “program” should never be said together. What “program?” They will be playing for last place for some years. 

I said Gilman's basketball program is a year away. And they will be stacked next year. Lacrosse needs a new coach. McDonogh is obviously de-emphazing sports, they will be back where they have been for most of their history. Middle to bottom of the road team. 

I disagree the new coach is dedicated to keeping program running strong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GOOCH said:

I disagree the new coach is dedicated to keeping program running strong 

I believe he is probably dedicated, just think it’s going to be tough. Don’t think they will continue to give the kind of money they’ve given over the years, and McD has never been a hotbed for D-1 players. 

I know nothing about him as a coach or recruiter. On paper, I see them as battling CHC for last place in the league. Especially if Jacobs does leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I believe he is probably dedicated, just think it’s going to be tough. Don’t think they will continue to give the kind of money they’ve given over the years, and McD has never been a hotbed for D-1 players. 

I know nothing about him as a coach or recruiter. On paper, I see them as battling CHC for last place in the league. Especially if Jacobs does leave. 

I’ve been the biggest critic of C Hall on this board but I’m happy nba go on record now that they beat y’all this year and I’m willing to put money behind them because y’all lost a lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GOOCH said:

I’ve been the biggest critic of C Hall on this board but I’m happy nba go on record now that they beat y’all this year and I’m willing to put money behind them because y’all lost a lot 

I won’t bet anything on Gilman until I see them with the new coach. But, you’re underestimating what they’re bringing back, and transfers I’m hearing they’re bringing in. They will have a much better OL than they have had, best since Biff left and I’m reslly big on the two young DE’s they have. They have a lot of talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I won’t bet anything on Gilman until I see them with the new coach. But, you’re underestimating what they’re bringing back, and transfers I’m hearing they’re bringing in. They will have a much better OL than they have had, best since Biff left and I’m reslly big on the two young DE’s they have. They have a lot of talent. 

Well in that case you might be right C Hall and MCD will be fighting for the last spot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0