Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Put that Nobel Peace Prize on hold...NK talks may be delayed

188 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

It's not surprising that a Trump critic would say that.

But here's the truth: The unconventional saber-rattling, bullying, twitter attacking, childish little rocket man-calling bluster that all the "experts" and conventional, international diplomats said was ridiculous, harmful and unproductive, has carried forward a movement and process toward peace, further than anyone since a state of war has existed between the Koreas.

Nope, my friend, that may well be your truth. I and most others call that BS.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Nope, my friend, that may well be your truth. I and most others call that BS.

We shall see, mate.

Not a fan of the methods, myself, but if in the end, the result is lasting peace, I'd be OK with it and believe it was worth it.

Edited by Scaggsville

1 hour ago, Scaggsville said:

We shall see, mate.

Not a fan of the methods, myself, but if in the end, the result is lasting peace, I'd be OK with it and believe it was worth it.

Just because he happens to be in office when an agreement is reached  between N. & S. Korea doesn't mean it was because of him. I think N. & S. Korea gets the credit, not Donald Trump, who so far has done nothing but call names, and wrote strange letters. And for that his supporters want to give him a Nobel Prize (which he will never ever get) or carve his face on Mt.Rushmore. 

He's done more than any other president?  What exactly has he done? List the things. Kim Jong Un is not, I repeat not, going to denuclearize. And if he says he is...he's lying and playing Donald.

Wins the internet today

On 5/29/2018 at 11:09 AM, Scaggsville said:

We shall see, mate.

It seems to me that the South Korean leadership should be nominated. I mean, when Trump decided to not have a summit it was South Korea that took the steps to meet North Korea without Trump there. What it seems now is now that Trump saw the two embrace on TV he wants to head over there for some photo ops. His methods notwithstanding NK and SK seem to be doing all the negotiating. They seem to do fine without Trump.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:09 AM, Scaggsville said:

We shall see, mate.

Or it could be that the mountain in which these tests are conducted has collapsed on the program. 

North Korea’s mountain nuclear test site has collapsed, putting China and other nearby nations at unprecedented risk of radioactive exposure, two separate groups of Chinese scientists studying the issue have confirmed. 

17 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

Regarding John Bolton, the President needs to use those 2 words he has used so many times, yet again:"You're Fired!"

https://usaonlinejournal.com/2018/06/05/trumps-hawkish-security-adviser-may-have-tried-to-sabotage-the-kim-jong-un-summit-and-now-hes-out-of-the-talks/

Russia is attempting to set up a meeting with North Korea now. What could go wrong?

Russia invites North Korea's Kim Jong Un to visit

11 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

Or it could be that the mountain in which these tests are conducted has collapsed on the program. 

North Korea’s mountain nuclear test site has collapsed, putting China and other nearby nations at unprecedented risk of radioactive exposure, two separate groups of Chinese scientists studying the issue have confirmed. 

KJU has been playing Trump all along. He was never going to give up his nukes.

3 hours ago, NCBirdfan said:

If Trump's state dept had a single diplomat who was conversant on the peninsula (last one quit months ago) Trump would know this happens with regularity. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, Pickle20 said:

The Art of the Cancelled Meeting

Meanwhile, less than one month later...

:D:D 

On 6/5/2018 at 3:44 PM, NCBirdfan said:

Of course. Now Kim has all sorts of credibility over there and is getting a powwow with Russia. Trump is the best thing that could have happened for him.....

2 hours ago, Dystopia said:

Of course. Now Kim has all sorts of credibility over there and is getting a powwow with Russia. Trump is the best thing that could have happened for him.....

The Soviet Union helped NK during the Korean War. They've always been chummy with each other. 

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Meanwhile, less than one month later...

:D:D 

and we've undercut another ally by unilaterally suspending military exercises with South Korea. What did we get for all these concessions?

1 minute ago, JoyinMudville said:

and we've undercut another ally by unilaterally suspending military exercises with South Korea. What did we get for all these concessions?

Temporarily suspended military exercises with SK. Now the ball is in NK's court. Will NK suspend it's military exercises? 

26 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

Temporarily suspended military exercises with SK. Now the ball is in NK's court. Will NK suspend it's military exercises? 

Another Chinese foreign policy objective obtained.

For a president who has vowed to get tough on China, Trump has done more than any past president to bolster China's ascent.

45 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

They won’t and Trump will do nothing. 

59 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

The Soviet Union helped NK during the Korean War. They've always been chummy with each other. 

That’s not exactly accurate. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

21 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

That’s not exactly accurate. 

They share a common border, and I believe there were some Russian observers embedded with the Chinese Army during the Korean War, but the help and chumminess idea is a stretch.

Edited by Struds

1 hour ago, flyboy56 said:

It just occurred to me that the two main exercises (Foal Eagle and I forget the other  name) are held in the Spring and Fall.  This suspension means nothing until Oct/Nov since the spring exercise is already history. 

Posted (edited)

I am getting a kick over imagining what would have happened had Obama met with KJU, and left with a handshake deal like Trump did.

I'm sure the cons would have been congratulatory. :D

Edited by Pickle20

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

They won’t and Trump will do nothing. 

A year ago people on here posted he was going to start a nuclear war with them. Now that he has talked to them he won't .???

36 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

I am getting a kick over imagining what would have happened had Obama met with KJU, and left with a handshake deal like Trump did.

Already a kick over your 5/24 post ........

36 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

They would have taken a knee.

4 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

A year ago people on here posted he was going to start a nuclear war with them. Now that he has talked to them he won't .???

A year ago we said he wasn't fit to be president and we said that he was incapable of executing the kind of nuanced strategy necessary to deal with North Korea. This weekend demonstrated that we were correct.