Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pickle20

Put that Nobel Peace Prize on hold...NK talks may be delayed

188 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

And again, your comments reflect exactly what I said they did even as you again resort to childish name calling.  Maybe you don't even realize you're doing it. 

 

I missed it. Where did you say that Trump went in unprepared and got his shirt handed to him after giving away the store?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

Did the Dem random talking points generator spit out the word "cult" yesterday? That's all I hear now.

Reminded me of this song:

 

 

I've been talking about the cult of personality about Trump for months. Come on man, don't treat me like the hard core liberals on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rael said:

I've been talking about the cult of personality about Trump for months. Come on man, don't treat me like the hard core liberals on here.

I have to agree. Cult is a very apt description of what's going on. Personality over action/morality certainly fits Trump. BTW when the bum is finally locked up we can get back to arguing with each other.  I wish people would get that this presidency "trumps" every other issue.  Like Lincoln said, united we stand, divided we fall. And he had a lot more on the ball than DT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zenwalk said:

I have to agree. Cult is a very apt description of what's going on. Personality over action/morality certainly fits Trump. BTW when the bum is finally locked up we can get back to arguing with each other.  I wish people would get that this presidency "trumps" every other issue.  Like Lincoln said, united we stand, divided we fall. And he had a lot more on the ball than DT.  

It takes a lot of rewiring of your thought processes to be a conservative and a Trump supporter. The constant news cycle and internet usage is akin to the constant barrage of stimuli that cults use to change people's beliefs. A conservative even 10 years ago thought the Democrats were too easy on Russia, were appeasing North Korea, were against tariffs on principle, and believed the western alliance was vital to the security of the world. A Trump supporter believes none of these things. Yet they continue to believe they are conservatives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rael said:

I've been talking about the cult of personality about Trump for months. Come on man, don't treat me like the hard core liberals on here.

No worries. I just noticed a lot of cult talk. Probably looking for an excuse to post the song. I saw them at Hammerjacks a quarter century ago! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rael said:

It takes a lot of rewiring of your thought processes to be a conservative and a Trump supporter. The constant news cycle and internet usage is akin to the constant barrage of stimuli that cults use to change people's beliefs. A conservative even 10 years ago thought the Democrats were too easy on Russia, were appeasing North Korea, were against tariffs on principle, and believed the western alliance was vital to the security of the world. A Trump supporter believes none of these things. Yet they continue to believe they are conservatives. 

If anything, we've learned just how easy it is to herd voters around like cattle.  Americans grew fatigued with following news and caring ever since 9/11. We've been told not to worry that any real news that actually concerned people was now a matter of national security.  The old definitions no longer apply. We are a tired battered people just wanting to be left alone. Our schools are shambles which has aided the downward spiral. The Internet has made everything "equal" which politicians have skillfully used to their advantage. I started life on this board as a Bush voter. I have to thank GW for ripping the scales from my eyes because now I can see.  We are post politics now and it's all about the treasury being sacked by the corporate vandals and their enablers.  My son moves to Japan tomorrow. I'm torn up about this. I find it inconceivable to leave the land of my birth. But I'm not a millennial and his reference points are not mine so his decision is easy I guess.  I never thought in a million years Americans would go along with a fool like Trump especially after Bush. We are nation who deserves whatever it is that's heading our direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scaggsville said:

No worries. I just noticed a lot of cult talk. Probably looking for an excuse to post the song. I saw them at Hammerjacks a quarter century ago! :D 

I don't know if there is a talking head bringing up the cultism, but I've mentioned it before as well. There are a certain group of people who will not listen to anything other than what Trump says. The evidence could be right in front of them and they would just blow it off as fake news. That's a definite sign of a cult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NCBirdfan said:

I don't know if there is a talking head bringing up the cultism, but I've mentioned it before as well. There are a certain group of people who will not listen to anything other than what Trump says. The evidence could be right in front of them and they would just blow it off as fake news. That's a definite sign of a cult.

We've all been talking about the Kool-ade drinkers on either side since forever and we all know were that reference comes from...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scaggsville said:

We've all been talking about the Kool-ade drinkers on either side since forever and we all know were that reference comes from...

I don't. Please explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scaggsville said:

We've all been talking about the Kool-ade drinkers on either side since forever and we all know were that reference comes from...

This is true; but nothing compares to the Trump cultists. He said it himself. He could shoot somebody in broad daylight and they would still support and defend him. Trump very well be the next Jim Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NCBirdfan said:

This is true; but nothing compares to the Trump cultists. He said it himself. He could shoot somebody in broad daylight and they would still support and defend him. Trump very well be the next Jim Jones.

Except {shudder} his Kool Aid will be radioactive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0