Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

SFA

601 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Dont think that will happen. Its a lot of schools that will play them if they schedule it early enough. Hell I think FCA and HD would play them. Avalon too.

You’d be wrong. It’s a problem right now. 

10 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Yes, everyone understands FCA had no rules. I said that as a figure of speech.

FCA’s recruiting revolved around the WCAC transfer policy. The WCAC did what they needed to do to put a stop to that. Like I said, there’s no need to make FCA out to be a victim. Nobody feels sorry for them. They knew what they were getting into when they started going after players at GC, DM, SJC, etc...FCA’s biggest mistake during this time was the underestimation of the WCAC as a group. They didn’t understand how close the charter schools are.

The MIAA won’t kick SFA out. They may change some rules, but they’ll offer SFA a chance to abide by them. If SFA decides to go independent, they won’t survive. That’s certain. They don’t have the money for that. 

Not like they gonna carry a 100 man roster around the country. They can go up and down 95 and get all the bump they want. WVA, PA, NJ, VA,DC, NC.

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You’d be wrong. It’s a problem right now. 

If they know they need to schedule 8-10 games in December for the following season it wont be hard to get that bump as an indy. Its hard right now because its May and a lot of schedules are set.

How many games they missing right now? 

Also what happened to you guys and the "Test Yourself" theory? Dont ****ing buckle now... LMAO!!!! 

Edited by Tomslick

SFA would be damn tough team if they grew organically with JV feeder and 2-3 transfers is the norm.  They would be damn tough but not unbeatable.  Their unlimited pool of money, easy admin standards, and recruitment of upperclassman transfers makes them unbeatable in Maryland.  If you compete in NCAAs then there are fairly level requirements.  MIAA as a league is at major disadvantage because their requirements and ability to accept transfers is very limited.  Limit SFA to 2-4 transfers a year and they level out to the rest of the league.  IMO

6 minutes ago, Bully said:

SFA would be damn tough team if they grew organically with JV feeder and 2-3 transfers is the norm.  They would be damn tough but not unbeatable.  Their unlimited pool of money, easy admin standards, and recruitment of upperclassman transfers makes them unbeatable in Maryland.  If you compete in NCAAs then there are fairly level requirements.  MIAA as a league is at major disadvantage because their requirements and ability to accept transfers is very limited.  Limit SFA to 2-4 transfers a year and they level out to the rest of the league.  IMO

#testyourself

5 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

#testyourself

Against a unfair playing field, come on

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Against a unfair playing field, come on

Now its unfair? To be the best you have to play the best is all Ive heard on this joint. That flew out the window real quick once you actually have to do it. Smoke and mirrors from the MIAA faithful is what Im geting. Maybe if we say it enough we can get parents and kids to actually believe it.  But, ssshhh dont tell nobody we bull****ting them. LMAO! Now I hope they do kick them out so I can watch MIAA and WCAC run scared...

Naw, I really dont want them kicked out but it would be fun to watch!

Edited by Tomslick

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Now its unfair? To be the best you have to play the best is all Ive heard on this joint. That flew out the window real quick once you actually have to do it. Smoke and mirrors from the MIAA faithful is what Im geting. Maybe if we say it enough we can get parents and kids to actually believe it.  But, ssshhh dont tell nobody we bull****ting them. LMAO! Now I hope they do kick them out so I can watch MIAA and WCAC run scared...

Why would the WCAC run scared? I believe DM plays SFA. GC scrimmages them. 

Edited by Silverbullet

38 minutes ago, Bully said:

1000% agree. Great post. 

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

Why would the WCAC run scared? I believe DM plays SFA. GC scrimmages them. 

I was assuming that once they were kicked out of MIAA that the WCAC wouldnt play them either. Then filling a schedule is even easier with WCAC team available. Yes/No? 

Edited by Tomslick

21 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

I don't see your Bullis boys stepping up to the plate

Just now, Tomslick said:

I was assuming that once they were kicked out of MIAA that the WCAC wouldnt play them either. Then filling a schedule is even easier with WCAC team available, No? 

They may get 1 or 2 WCAC teams a year. Maybe. That doesn’t mean much. SJC is out of the question. 

Going independent is not an option for the program’s long term stability. They don’t have that type of money and even if they did, it would be financial suicide to float that type of operation. These big OOS games cost close to 100k per game just to show up. 

Just now, jbmad said:

They are fine right where they are. Ohio st just flipped Bryson Shaw from Wisconsin and Penn st offered him the other day. Hell ESPN was up there last week. They are fine! Think they tried to go down to Florida to play a game but they decided not to go. Why? Its not who you play but how you play! 

Just now, Silverbullet said:

They may get 1 or 2 WCAC teams a year. Maybe. That doesn’t mean much. SJC is out of the question. 

Going independent is not an option for the program’s long term stability. They don’t have that type of money and even if they did, it would be financial suicide to float that type of operation. These big OOS games cost close to 100k per game just to show up. 

You dont have to travel far to go indy SB. Youre thinking flying all over the country and that doesnt need to happen.

4 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

You dont have to travel far to go indy SB. Youre thinking flying all over the country and that doesnt need to happen.

I don’t think you understand what’s going on. Let’s chat when they release the schedule.

10 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

They are fine right where they are. Ohio st just flipped Bryson Shaw from Wisconsin and Penn st offered him the other day. Hell ESPN was up there last week. They are fine! Think they tried to go down to Florida to play a game but they decided not to go. Why? Its not who you play but how you play! 

Thought soo

18 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I don’t think you understand what’s going on. Let’s chat when they release the schedule.

No, I get it! Hearing IMG is pulling the strings on the outrageous funding of their football program. But 70k per student is a lot more than 9k per. 

47 minutes ago, jbmad said:

They dont want anymore after losing to MSJ two years in a row.  

12 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

No, I get it! Hearing IMG is pulling the strings on the outrageous funding of their football program. But 70k per student is a lot more than 9k per. 

9k where?

2 minutes ago, RM7 said:

All talk

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Glad yall won! The recruiting went pretty well for Bullis even after the two loses.:P

What yall need to do is worry about SFA. Click Clack... They run your House!  

Edited by Tomslick

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, jbmad said:

9k where?

How much is SFA? 9k right?

Edited by Tomslick

1 minute ago, Tomslick said:

Glad yall won! How the recruiting go for yall though? It went pretty well for Bullis!

What yall need to do is worry about SFA. Click Clack... They run your House!  

Recruting went well 9 kids signed thanks for asking.  Guess you haven’t been to any MSJ-SFA games, MSJ is fine.  

Well Mount St. Joe just issued a statement that they will not be playing St. Francis this fall. They are staying in the A conference, but dropping STF from their schedule. Let’s see who follows? 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, RM7 said:

Recruting went well 9 kids signed thanks for asking.  Guess you haven’t been to any MSJ-SFA games, MSJ is fine.  

9 out of 15 is good numbers. No I havent! Cant be everywhere. Typically peep in on the Bmore page to read what yall post.

Edited by Tomslick